First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How could you not read all the stories here of dealer markups, confused orders, multi-month delays, holes drilled in gas tanks, and all the other traumas involved and not shake your head in disgust. How did trying to buy a vehicle become such a $hit$h0w? Obviously this new Order Model of doing business isn't working. One would think Ford would see this is severely tarnishing their image. It was bad enough having to haggle with dealers when making a deal on vehicles already on the lot. This system is far worse. I've done business with street vendors in third-world countries who are more honorable! When are you gonna take charge Ford?!!
Sponsored

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you read up on the Toyota Production System, that's how you prevent this sort of thing. On the other hand, that system freezes design changes two years before sale. So you wouldn't be able to buy a Maverick until fall 2023. You can have it on time, on budget, or on quality. Pick any two.

Mr.T

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
If you look at the good dealer tread, there is alot more good than i seen bad reported.

The holes in the gas tank should of been caught earlier but that could of happened to any manufacturer.

The delays are just part of the ordering process. It should be expected.

I am not defending Ford cause they could do better but i think that some expectations are unrealistic.

ColoradoShooter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma/Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered my Maverick in June and got it delivered in December with no issues other than the publicly stated restraints, which I modified my order and got scheduled. I got more emails from Ford regarding vehicle status than my dealer. Paid MSRP with zero markups as was agreed upon by the dealer. Best car buying experience Iā€™ve had. Ever.

Sponsored

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It worked great for a lot of people, myself included. Youā€™ve got to remember, people are always more inclined to leave a poor review than they are a positive experience. When youā€™re mad you want to blow off steam and let them have it, when youā€™re pleased and get what you want a lot of times nothing is done because thatā€™s what you expect.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How did trying to buy a vehicle become such a $hit$h0w? Obviously this new Order Model of doing business isn't working
Two things:

1. Trying to buy a new vehicle has always been a $hit$h0w.

2. The new order model actually is working for a lot of people. It's not working for everybody and some problems need to be fixed, but I much prefer it to the old way of doing this business.

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The thing you are not considering is that this is a NEW model in high demand, just like the Bronco. After the initial rush is over to fill the demand, ordering in this manner will be much easier.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Fx4hOok

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2.0 FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hear you, i am only here for the Mav, no Mav no Ford, do you hear that ford ?
Where is my Camry at ? lol

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's it hard to defend some of the stupid shit Ford has done. However, they aren't alone in doing that. I've made known my issues with them. Delayed shipping, not knowing where my truck was and the system simply failed to show the dealer. Even the Ford Brand Manager was unable to locate the vehicle. That went on for 3 months after it was built. Now the gas tank has to be replaced and of course they are back ordered. So my orignal delivery date was 10/24 to 10/30. Still do not have ownership of this truck. YES for some it's been buttery smooth which is GREAT. But for folks like myself this is BS and no way to do business. I already had my snickers and it's now floating in the pool.

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
1 in every 20 new cars sold in America is a Ford F series truck. The Mach-E is being called one of the best EVs on the market. Gonna take a lot more than this to tarnish their reputation. Not a fanboy, but this combined with the rapid decline of GM in 2021 (e.g. falling behind Toyota in sales, Silverado outsold by Ram, Bolt battery recall) puts Ford in a good place.

ledger9427

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corolla, 2022 Maverick XLT EB
Ford's "Build to Order" system is an absolute Joke, that's for sure. It'll be a long time before I even consider preordering a vehicle again. Parts constraints aside, there is absolutely no good excuse for building and delivering August orders before all June orders have been completed.

That being said, have you seen Ford's stock price in the last 6 months? They're not going to change a damn thing lol

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I doubt there has ever been a new model that didn't have production issues in the first model year. The only difference is that because more people are custom ordering (and because we have the internet) they are more tuned into the production hiccups that have always existed.

Special order vehicles have always taken months. Special ordering is not new. Moving to a system where everyone places a special order is new.

Your alternative is to scour local dealers to find what you want. Which do you prefer?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.