GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That sucks, sorry about that. My 2023 has the "0 Unrepaired Recalls" message when I check the VIN.
I had no recalls either, this turned out to be a separate issue with a seatbelt turning on the airbag warning. I think I seen something like that here. The salesman realized he was wrong about telling me it was a "Recall" when we went to talk to the service department. Service manager said they can't sell me a truck with a lit airbag indicator for liability reasons and he will try to escalate to get the parts quicker.
Sponsored

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
People need to get confirmation on their private offer long before their truck arrives. Waiting until the delivery provides bad dealers too much leverage and puts you at a disadvantage and little time to get it resolved.

OP
OP
GTBuzz

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
People need to get confirmation on their private offer long before their truck arrives. Waiting until the delivery provides bad dealers too much leverage and puts you at a disadvantage and little time to get it resolved.
Yea I tried to get it taken care of ahead. They had zero interest working it then or now. "Luckily"mine is held up for a seat belt repair for a month to try and figure out.

But that is good advice for others. But if a dealer refuses to figure out offer, what is the recourse?

catshreds

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Wonder if they "know" about the headlight fluid recall, too? 🙄

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Guess I’m dumb but what is the difference between price protection and private offer?

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Private offer was only for unbuilt 2022's that had to be rolled over to 2023 models. Deal with Ford directly on that if you're in the rollover situation. A misspelled name, address, anything can fubar the whole thing. Everything has to match regarding your original order name, address, etc. with the reorder for the 2023 or it won't recognize the match. Wouldn't doubt if a capitalized letter or odd punctuation mark kicks it off of a match. To paraphrase the late-great Tom Petty: "Don't back down" ;)
Sponsored