First Name
Dale L Freund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ian left us with 17 inches of rain but we live high up on a ridge so NO flood problems! All I need to do now is clean up all of the tree trash! Hurricanes tend to die when they reach Polk County!
But MaverRICK the hurricane did not die in Polk County because he is visiting us in eastern NC right now.
Sponsored

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hurricanes tend to die when they reach Polk County!
I mean, I felt like I was dead when I lived there for 20 years, but escaping felt so good..

The irony? For part of the trip to my new home, I drove a rental Ford Escape SUV.

MaverRick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MachE 4EX 2022 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes but he was on life support when he left us in Polk! Lol Tampa Bay dodged another bullet. They haven’t taken a direct hit in over 100 years!!

MaverRick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I mean, I felt like I was dead when I lived there for 20 years, but escaping felt so good..

The irony? For part of the trip to my new home, I drove a rental Ford Escape SUV.
I wish more people felt like that! Way too many folks moving down here!!!

Takk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, HP Red
Some of those videos of the surge in Fort Meyers area are absolutely insane: ocean sized waves cresting over top of single story homes and businesses? I'm not surprised if the Sherriff is calling the number at hundreds-there was no way you could ride this one out unless you were in a hardened multistory building, and even then I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of those are also total losses.

I hope all of the Floridians here and their friends and family made it through this safely.

Sponsored

MaverRick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just finished up cleaning the tree trash off the roof. No signs of roof damage or leakage in the attic. My biggest concern was having one or more of our large Oak trees coming down on top of the house!

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Family member has a place in Tampa. They weren't there during Ian, but know they got water inside their home. Could have been so much worse for them if Ian had hit Tampa as first expected. I feel so badly for Fort Myers and the area!

Sponsored

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm going to bogart my absent neighbor's carport for the storm to protect my Maverick.
So, had a change of heart and decided to NOT park in my neighbor's carport. Good thing, too! Neighbor's carport took a beating and the breeze block collapsed and part of the carport came down. Will post pictures later. Dodged a bullet for sure, otherwise I may have been here crying about my Maverick being destroyed.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Windows won't do you much good when the roof takes off for the next county.
Appropriate building codes can help. I was just watching a video from a guy in florida who showed his attic and how the code makes builders put these clips between the plywood panels so the entire thing is connected together. Makes it much more resistant to wind and even though trees were down all over in his area his roof was fine.

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Appropriate building codes can help. I was just watching a video from a guy in florida who showed his attic and how the code makes builders put these clips between the plywood panels so the entire thing is connected together. Makes it much more resistant to wind and even though trees were down all over in his area his roof was fine.
Our house in Kissimmee, built in 1984, had those. Probably why it survived Charley in 2004. And Frances, Ivan and Jeanne. Four in a couple of months!!!! It was time to move.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Our house in Kissimmee, built in 1984, had those. Probably why it survived Charley in 2004. And Frances, Ivan and Jeanne. Four in a couple of months!!!! It was time to move.
Yeah my dad moved from anna maria island to inland sarasota because he was too old to evacuate twice a year or so.
Sponsored