2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That is a shame- hope your house is okay. I have two vehicles but I wonder what I would do if I had one vehicle that got totaled. Nothing decent on the lots- I guess I would buy the least worst overpriced car on Craigslist and limp along till I get something better.

Brilock

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Ridgeline, 2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So sad to see that! I wish I had my Mav to get out of our apartment complex this morning, they had a part of the road closed to fix a storm drain and scraped my Hyundai Sonata on the curb trying to drive around it.

Reactions: Ike

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I saw a upside down Superbird yesterday on the news, Evin if it was a replica would have been a huge loss. Too bad they dont sandbag Daytona speedway and invite all the cool cars of Florida in there for hurricanes. The high banks should be high enough.

Sponsored

KFBR392

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry about that. I would be devastated.

I suppose it would be smart for those of us shopping for mavericks to be wary of ones with Florida CARFAX histories showing up on the used market—I suspect we will start seeing a lot of vehicles that have been dried out and sold off at auto auctions.

I almost bought a Lexus CT years ago with a perfectly clean CARFAX. I was suspicious as to why such a low mileage car from NY wound up at an auto auction, then shipped to the Midwest. Turns out it was likely involved in Superstorm Sandy based on the service history and where the car was located on specific dates, and when service records mysteriously were absent in the history. But CARFAX was still spotless. Do your homework.

Last edited:

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I saw a upside down Superbird yesterday on the news, Evin if it was a replica would have been a huge loss. Too bad they dont sandbag Daytona speedway and invite all the cool cars of Florida in there for hurricanes. The high banks should be high enough.
What about the 20" of rain they got?

Takk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, HP Red
What am I missing? Why RIP?
I'm not sure how high the water level got, but the OP's pictures show the interior of his Mav flooded at least 0.5" to 1". I'm not sure what critical components would be subject to prolonged submersion, but none of it can be good. Besides, it was brand new, now its definitely not.

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What about the 20" of rain they got?
Or the old Ron White joke: "it's not that the wind it blowing; it's what the wind is blowing."

Putting a bunch of cars in Daytona on the track to protect them won't work real well when the grandstands are rolling onto the track.

Last edited:

mtd14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well someone in another country is a year or two away from getting a good ol' Maverick.

AngloSoup

First Name
Anglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Beater

I'm a little South of you. It's not much yet. I think we'll get worse this evening. I'm at the top of a hill, so no risk of flooding, but bottom of my driveway already flooded a couple inches. Not unusual here. Bottom of drive a good 30' lower than the top though.
Sponsored