First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux, EB , 4k , FX4 , Moonroof
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is a crazy time. I was always told you lose money the minute you drive off the lot not now. Vroom offered me more than I paid with tax . If they would pay this what would they try and sell it for. It's not just Mavericks its every car. The more expensive the more the markup.

Ford Maverick VROOM CAR VALUATION Screenshot_20211215-095051_Gmail
Sponsored

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
What was your msrp? Vroom offered me msrp so selling to them I would eat taxes and fees. Seems like the best offers have been on the XLs so far

OP
OP
jalbano2

jalbano2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sticker 35110 paid 33500 with tax 36442

MarkG

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Pretty soon people will be scalping vehicles like they do concert tickets.

Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We bought our Jeep Cherokee Limited in Dec 2019. MSRP $36K. Incentives reduced the price to $31K. Current KBB and NADA list average retail for the car at 36.5K. I have to say after 72 years, 56 of them driving I have never seen anything like this in my life. Something new every day to keep life interesting I guess.

jwiedle24

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat w/Luxury Pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While awaiting my hybrid Mav, I'm trying to figure out whether to trade-in or sell my current car (2018 Mazda6 GTR) to Carvana/Vroom. Last I talked to my dealer they said trade looked to be around $19k which would equate to about $20.3k with the tax savings.

I completed a Carvana and Vroom offer; Carvana $24.3k and Vroom $23.7k. Obviously all offers, including dealer trade-in, are subject to final appraisal, but it's looking like the much better deal to sell to a Carvana etc. Way easier than trying to sell it on my own even if I could squeeze another $1k out, I'd take the convenience knowing it's still $3-4k higher than what a trade would net me.

Just need the values to stay up come delivery time -- hopefully in January!

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What was your msrp? Vroom offered me msrp so selling to them I would eat taxes and fees. Seems like the best offers have been on the XLs so far
Yeah. And since it looks like I'm going to get within $2K of my 7-year-ago purchase price for my Corolla, I'd be giving up that potential return (or I'd have to purchase another car for over MSRP). If your maverick is a secondary car getting a couple thousand in return works, but if it's a primary car it's hard to make the numbers work.

inferno

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Chevy Colorado, 2022 Ford Maverick
I have approximately $28,500 into my Maverick, MSRP, tax, tag, dealer fees, etc.... Vroom offered me $30,000. Although it sounds like a good deal, $1500 profit isn't worth all the waiting and anticipation about getting my Maverick delivered. ;)

Sponsored

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
While awaiting my hybrid Mav, I'm trying to figure out whether to trade-in or sell my current car (2018 Mazda6 GTR) to Carvana/Vroom. Last I talked to my dealer they said trade looked to be around $19k which would equate to about $20.3k with the tax savings.

I completed a Carvana and Vroom offer; Carvana $24.3k and Vroom $23.7k. Obviously all offers, including dealer trade-in, are subject to final appraisal, but it's looking like the much better deal to sell to a Carvana etc. Way easier than trying to sell it on my own even if I could squeeze another $1k out, I'd take the convenience knowing it's still $3-4k higher than what a trade would net me.

Just need the values to stay up come delivery time -- hopefully in January!
carvana doesn’t really have a final appraisal. I sold my car to them and they just took some pictures of the exterior, turned it on to make sure it runs, and handed me a check.

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Interestingly enough, out of Carmax, NADA, KBB and Vroom, Vroom had the lowest valuation for my trade, at $28,000.

kkgg

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is a crazy time. I was always told you lose money the minute you drive off the lot not now. Vroom offered me more than I paid with tax . If they would pay this what would they try and sell it for. It's not just Mavericks its every car. The more expensive the more the markup.

Screenshot_20211215-095051_Gmail.jpg
interesting, how many miles you have on it now..

OP
OP
jalbano2

jalbano2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You could make hundreds of dollars!
That's not the point. You never were up when you drove off the lot. You were down.
Sponsored