Sponsored

Official valuations running thread (Carvana, Vroom, etc)

Wilky4258

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Dodge Challenger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
AWD 4K FX4 Lux Package 2100 miles Paid MSRP 32,735.00
Carvana offer $32,000.00
Vroom offer $30,000.00
Sponsored

Unlikely_Username

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Does anyone have a Hybrid XLT with Lux package that they can run?

Mark Adams

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have not sold a vehicle to any of the big car buying companies but from what I have read, as long as you’re honest about your vehicle’s condition, what they offer is what you can expect them to purchase it for.
Carmax gave me $17K for a 26 month old Kia Soul with a 6-speed manual, 30,000 miles. It was $19,300 new. The online estimate was $15,400, but after inspection they raised it to $17K. I took the net proceeds and used it for a down payment on a Maverick XLT, area 51, hybrid. Love the truck. Miss driving a stick, but I will get used to it.

tebowed

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 2.0T
2.0 AWD 4k Lariat, Lux, Rear Sliding window MSRP 35,700, Paid 32,100 (Chapman)
Vroom: 36k
Carvana: says I don't have a valid registration
Carmax: 35k
Webuyanycar.com: 34k
Driveway.com: 35k
Local ford Dealer: Will pay me MSRP

3k Miles. My offers have been trending downward, I've been checking for a month and a half.

Last edited:

Sponsored

captcrunch

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Maverick XLT | Lux | 360
Thanks a ton! I appreciate it.
Vroom said they couldn't give me a valuation until I registered the car (I'm still waiting on the memorandum title). I went to Carmax, and they offered me $25,000, which seems a bit low. Webuyanycar.com offered me $27,735, which is closer to what I was expecting. Once the car has been registered, I'll follow-up with Vroom.

Edit: Vroom offered $31,000.

Last edited:
OP
OP
starquestbd22

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Got my weekly valuation from Vroom a few moments ago. Dropped from $31k to $26k in a week! I double checked the specs to make sure I hadn’t entered anything wrong but didn’t find anything. Carvana is still at $30k but it says this price is good until Feb 26th. That seems odd. Never seen any of them guarantee an offer for more than a week.

molash

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 chevy equinox LS 1989 corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 2012 Chevy Colorado LT with 126,000 miles . Inside is perfect in the back seats. Front seats and carpet are near perfect. Couple Little Rock’s hit the outside, but body is very good. I tried a few of these places. Highest I was offered was Carmax at $6,800. Ford dealer said he would give me $5-6,000 depending on miles when my Maverick comes in which could be May-August. Do you guys think I could get more than $6,800.

molash

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 chevy equinox LS 1989 corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think 6k is a good offer for a 10 year old truck with high mileage.

Sponsored

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got my weekly valuation from Vroom a few moments ago. Dropped from $31k to $26k in a week! I double checked the specs to make sure I hadn’t entered anything wrong but didn’t find anything. Carvana is still at $30k but it says this price is good until Feb 26th. That seems odd. Never seen any of them guarantee an offer for more than a week.
My guess is that’s when they renegotiate their loan terms from their financing arms. Trying to get as many vehicles as they can before their cost of putting a vehicle on the floor increases.
I believe you will see decreasing values on used vehicles as the rates increase. There isn’t a shortage of used vehicles.
I imagine those who paid over for vehicles the last two years will be stuck for at least another three unless they get out soon.
I say good.

Unlikely_Username

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Vroom said they couldn't give me a valuation until I registered the car (I'm still waiting on the memorandum title). I went to Carmax, and they offered me $25,000, which seems a bit low. Webuyanycar.com offered me $27,735, which is closer to what I was expecting. Once the car has been registered, I'll follow-up with Vroom.

Edit: Vroom offered $31,000.
$31k wow. I'd seriously consider flipping for what price. What did you pay out the door?

PNWMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We sold a car to Vroom and it took a month from when we signed to when they actually paid us. They missed multiple pickup dates and it was generally Hell to deal with. They did pay a stupid amount for the car which resulted in us basically driving it for free for the last 4 years.

The Maverick? They offered MSRP. Even though these are selling locally for $15K markups.

ehspeakers

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone with recent value updates. I am about to look for places to list my truck for sale. :( But I have another build on the way, should be here in 8-10 months according to Ford :D

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue
Been wondering how the temporary order halt will affect supply and demand and valuations. Thought it would be neat to start a running thread. If you get an official offer to buy your truck, tell us about it.

Be sure to include trim level and major options, maybe original MSRP, mileage, general location, company making the offer, and price. I’ll start.

XLT AWD 4K tow, MSRP just under $29k, 2800 miles, NC…last week Vroom offered $27k and Carvana offered $30k.
I concur with your thoughts! An expensive asset we are buying always great to know that point at which it makes sense for people individually to jump off and sell it for profit. Thanks for posting this question.
Sponsored