Sponsored

Anyone try their luck selling on Carvana, Vroom, etc.?

OP
OP
Mav

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
I was surprised they were so high because in the past their prices are usually lower than Carmax.
It’s really a crap shoot and depends on the car, market, etc. On average I believe Carvana and Vroom give more than carmax. But that can change from day to day.
Sponsored

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue
Went to Carmax for an appraisal on my XLT with Luxury Pkg, 30 Assist, Full sized spare, manual sliding window and roll up tonneau cover. The appraisal came back at 25k. The salesman said Carmax may be conservative because there is not much info on the used car market for Mavericks. Vroom offered 28500. I was surprised they were so high because in the past their prices are usually lower than Carmax.
Vroom offered me 29K eco XL,4K,pilot 360

spuds_mackenzie

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hot pepper red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just got the quote for my Maverick from Carvana. I was pretty disappointed. They only offered 31k for my loaded AWD Lariat (non fx4). Is the market cooling off or do they just have enough of their own in stock now?

Sponsored

jalbano2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux, EB , 4k , FX4 , Moonroof
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The offer I received from Vroom was 37000

Ford Maverick Anyone try their luck selling on Carvana, Vroom, etc.? Screenshot_20220104-214815_Chrome

flyvertigo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Road Star, Maverick, Corolla, Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just got the quote for my Maverick from Carvana. I was pretty disappointed. They only offered 31k for my loaded AWD Lariat (non fx4). Is the market cooling off or do they just have enough of their own in stock now?
Every time my offer expires from Vroom I have them make me another offer. The latest offer dropped by $500 from 26.5k to 26k.

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Carmax wouldn’t give me a quote on mine. They said I had to wait until the license plates arrive in the mail and the DMV updates the registration into my name. I’ve seen a couple XLs posted locally on offerup for $33-40k but none of them sold. They’ve been posted for 15-25 days.

I’m happy with my truck and love it but will sell it in a heartbeat if I can make a 5k+ profit.

Hybrid Mavericks are sold out and gas is still going up. Give it a couple more months and the values will go up more. Hopefully Toyota’s chip shortage doesn’t go away so priuses and corolla hybrids wont flood the market.

PebbleMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, Subaru Crosstrek Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I posted this Vroom offer here in another thread.

Ford Maverick Anyone try their luck selling on Carvana, Vroom, etc.? 2022 Maverick sticker

Ford Maverick Anyone try their luck selling on Carvana, Vroom, etc.? Mav $$ at Vroom

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
I posted this Vroom offer here in another thread.

2022 Maverick sticker.jpg

Mav $$ at Vroom.jpg
these offers don’t make a lot of sense. They will give you $5k over MSRP and my offer was right at msrp

Sponsored

flyvertigo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
these offers don’t make a lot of sense. They will give you $5k over MSRP and my offer was right at msrp
I'll bet it has more to do with the location. Supply and demand are different depending on your location.

Reactions: Aza

Oddzball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022 XL
Carmax wouldn’t give me a quote on mine. They said I had to wait until the license plates arrive in the mail and the DMV updates the registration into my name. I’ve seen a couple XLs posted locally on offerup for $33-40k but none of them sold. They’ve been posted for 15-25 days.

I’m happy with my truck and love it but will sell it in a heartbeat if I can make a 5k+ profit.

Hybrid Mavericks are sold out and gas is still going up. Give it a couple more months and the values will go up more. Hopefully Toyota’s chip shortage doesn’t go away so priuses and corolla hybrids wont flood the market.
I cant wait for gas to go up so I can shit talk my buddy in his big F150

flyvertigo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just got an offer for my EB XL with full size tire and trailer hitch with 1,100 miles from Vroom for $26,500.00. I may have to say bye bye to my new Maverick. My local dealer has an XL for sale for 32K.

vroom.jpg
Well....I sold it. Autobuy matched the offer. EB XL with full size tire and trailer hitch with 1,400 miles

Last edited:
Reactions: bgn

Morgan33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know this threads old but my nephew sold his xl for 31 on carvanna.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you're in the south, I strongly suggest you try Carmigo. Here is what my bare bones XL EB sold for last week:

Ford Maverick Anyone try their luck selling on Carvana, Vroom, etc.? Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 3.06.08 PM

This truck had 0 options, so $22,575 was MSRP.
Sponsored