First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah I know about the seven day thing. I am able to buy at A plan pricing which on my Mav build is about $1500 off of sticker. Even then when you add in tax (around $1700) in my case I think my Mav is around $29500 OTD. So even with A plan I'm not sure if there's enough meat left on the bone so to speak for me to take that risk.
You know the terms of the A/Z-Plan require you to hold it for 6 months, right? You or your sponsor could lose the privilege.

HRG

Ford Maverick Any Issues with Selling to Vroom? az plan 6 months.JPG
Sponsored

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm a couple weeks from delivery on my 2023 Maverick and will be selling my 2022 and looking for the EZ button. Checking pricing on Carvana, Carmax, Vroom, etc. I see this statement on Vroom:

"We'll schedule a time to pick up your vehicle. Once we have your car, we'll send your payment within 2-3 business days".

I recall Carvana, etc. issues a check upon pickup...

Has anyone had an issue with receiving timely (or a lower) payment from Vroom?

thanks

My experience was entirely different. Vroom offered me $25k on my 2023 Hybrid XL and Carvana offered $32870......I wouldn't touch Vroom with a 10 foot pole. Carvana came by picked up the Maverick and sent the check directly to my bank. Just had to sign some paperwork and give them the title .....

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Texas Direct/Vroom isn't what they used to be. I have sold 3 cars to them. 2 weeks ago I sold my GT 350. Their bid was $6000 less than what I got for it from "givemethevin.com" and about $4000 less than the average offer. So beware and shop around.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Engine
Undecided
You know the terms of the A/Z-Plan require you to hold it for 6 months, right? You or your sponsor could lose the privilege.

HRG

az plan 6 months.JPG
Wow I did not know that. I guess that answers all my questions. Not worth the risk in my case especially.

OP
OP

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP here, so far (on my 11k mile, XLT Lux Hybrid) Vroom is in the lead by $2200.

I understand that pricing varies by time, geography, etc.

'Ahmed' at 'Givemethevin' texted with the BS "what will it take to buy your car today". I have no desire to go down that path... Then his email offer was $4000 less than Vroom

More to come...

thanks

Last edited:

Sponsored

HTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You will have to register the vehicle before they give you a quote.
I tried it out of curiosity with both of the Mavericks I ordered.
Nothing showed up until they were in my name.
Same experience.

nklem

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 and 2022 Hyundai Ioniq Electrics
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Zero issue
I'm a couple weeks from delivery on my 2023 Maverick and will be selling my 2022 and looking for the EZ button. Checking pricing on Carvana, Carmax, Vroom, etc. I see this statement on Vroom:

"We'll schedule a time to pick up your vehicle. Once we have your car, we'll send your payment within 2-3 business days".

I recall Carvana, etc. issues a check upon pickup...

Has anyone had an issue with receiving timely (or a lower) payment from Vroom?

thanks

No issues with vroom. They can be a little slow once deal is struck. Just Never make any changes to Texas Power of Attorney form. They misspelled my name and it delayed this deal by several weeks. The check cleared.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So they take your Maverick and title and say the check will be in the mail? That right there is a level of trust this old boy does not have and I don't care who it is. :ROFLMAO:

Joofchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The quotes are only good for 7 days, so while you can get a quote when it shows up at your dealer, it could change before you have the registration in your name and are able to sell. Unless you're able to buy via A/Z-plan, once you pay sales tax and registration fees, I'm not sure there's enough left over to make it worth your while.

HRG
You have to pay taxes on the profit as well, correct?

Sponsored

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You have to pay taxes on the profit as well, correct?
All taxes when originally purchase is considered part of the total cost of the vehicle. It does reduce the taxable amount. But yeah, you do have to pay the capital gains tax when you file your taxes next year.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've sold two vehicles to Vroom. We have an office in Orlando soni went there to make the final drop. Mine had no issues and got direct deposit next day. My gf's car has some damage on the rear quarter panel which we stated when doing the appraisal and dropped the price $3,000. When we got to the office for the final appraisal they took pictures and dropped the offer another $2000 saying it wasn't as described.

If you have any damage/issues, I would advise taking it in or they can pick up the truck and then tell.you when it gets back to the office they are giving you less.
Sponsored