2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey Y'all!

Just got done throwing together a quick video on replacing the steering wheel switches - It's a bit sloppy but I wanted to try my hand at throwing something together for those that like to follow along step by step. I know I've learned a lot from doing the same!

Hope this helps some folks make take the cheapest route to XL Cruise Control freedom - there may be better ways and more complete information out there somewhere, but this is my attempt at helping out.

Thanks to @Tyvemattis, @Maverick2022XL, and countless others for trailblazing these fun mods.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kaytu

Kaytu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great video! Very clear. Thank you.

Is there any chance you would consider doing one demonstrating the Forscan process of changing the codes?

That is the part that intimidates me.
Thank you so much! New to the whole thing but I'm trying to get it done right. :)

I'm thinking I'm going to do that one next - just need to get the information together and links so I cover the bases for Hybrid, Ecoboost, FX4 etc!

Snowbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV 2018
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you so much! New to the whole thing but I'm trying to get it done right. :)

I'm thinking I'm going to do that one next - just need to get the information together and links so I cover the bases for Hybrid, Ecoboost, FX4 etc!
Great, I look forward to watching them!

g1zstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid Barebones
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great, I look forward to watching them!

This is a nice informative video, using the F150 as an example. If you want something to watch in the meanwhile and to get familiar.

This is an updated version using the easy mode where you just use selection boxes. I don't know if the maverick has any support for this easy mode yet but in the future it should.

Sponsored

HiYoAu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bravo!

Thanks for capturing the process and including the possible missteps.

Snowbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV 2018
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

This is a nice informative video, using the F150 as an example. If you want something to watch in the meanwhile and to get familiar.

This is an updated version using the easy mode where you just use selection boxes. I don't know if the maverick has any support for this easy mode yet but in the future it should.
Thanks for posting this.

Sponsored

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got the modules switched and it was easier than expected. Now just need to get my truck so that I can get the steering wheel installed and play around with forscan.

Kmbales

First Name
Katherine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid on order, Nissan versa hatchback
How much do you think the dealer would charge for this? I won't be doing it myself, but definitely NEED cruise control. Would this be something you'd confidently trust to a non-ford shop to do? Does anyone but Ford have the forscan thing? Still waiting on my Maverick in July, but I'm priority 2 now!

I understand it's a cost thing, but that should definitely be something you can add into your order. I don't need the rest of the xlt+ upgrades, but cruise control, 100%.

On other cars that aren't trying to be as reasonably priced, it would be great to choose a configuration of buttons for the wheel out of maybe 3 options. I find I get irritated because the buttons I feel should be the volume controls are something less commonly used and the ones I want are more of a stretch to reach and get that muscle memory for. Just a little gripe, I'm still thankful they started integrating controls into the steering wheel.

OP
OP
Kaytu

Kaytu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How much do you think the dealer would charge for this? I won't be doing it myself, but definitely NEED cruise control. Would this be something you'd confidently trust to a non-ford shop to do? Does anyone but Ford have the forscan thing? Still waiting on my Maverick in July, but I'm priority 2 now!

I understand it's a cost thing, but that should definitely be something you can add into your order. I don't need the rest of the xlt+ upgrades, but cruise control, 100%.

On other cars that aren't trying to be as reasonably priced, it would be great to choose a configuration of buttons for the wheel out of maybe 3 options. I find I get irritated because the buttons I feel should be the volume controls are something less commonly used and the ones I want are more of a stretch to reach and get that muscle memory for. Just a little gripe, I'm still thankful they started integrating controls into the steering wheel.
Sadly Ford has more or less a hard line on this - everything I've read and been told points back to Ford's AS-BUILT policy, which basically means for items like this that they won't install factory cruise on a vehicle that did not ship with factory cruise. They'll point you to third-party cruise solutions. :( i.e. Rostra

When you get your truck, see whether they'll do it for you - there's always a possibility someone makes an exception!

Kmbales

First Name
Katherine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid on order, Nissan versa hatchback
I did date a Ford mechanic for a little bit, and parted amicably.... might convince him to do it for me....

Thanks!
Sponsored