Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The Lariat (without Luxury Package) features two bed cubby holes. Otherwise, the driver's side bed cubby is replaced with the bed light and inverter socket (per @Darnon)

The XLT adds passenger side bed side storage (per @mamboman777)

The XL does not feature a cubby.

Updated with info / photo on Lariat with Luxury Package, by @JJC :

Lariat Lux only has passenger storage compartment. The driver side has the light and plug, no compartment.

Lariat Lux driver side bed pictured below:

Ford Maverick Video: Maverick Lariat Carrying Small Motorcycle & Bed Side Storage Cubby First Look {filename}
Sponsored

Last edited:

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Says Lariat on the badge and in title.
I read that before posting. I will be more specific. Does XLT and XL get cubbies in both sides?

Sponsored

abcinv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Tundra DBL Cab Limited 4WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I read that before posting. I will be more specific. Does XLT and XL get cubbies in both sides?
Just Lariat if my memory serves me correctly. Others come with one on the passenger side...

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just Lariat if my memory serves me correctly. Others come with one on the passenger side...
Specifically Lariat without the Luxury package otherwise the driver's side is replaced with the bed light and inverter socket.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Specifically Lariat without the Luxury package otherwise the driver's side is replaced with the bed light and inverter socket.
Thank you. I wonder what will be there in my non-LUX XLT. Just a panel? Metal? 🤔

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I found the product guide. Looks like XLT adds passenger side bed side storage. That tells me XL probably doesn't have it. The document I found makes no mention of drivers side on XL, XLT, nor Lariat. I know that's the place where the light/inverter panel goes, but I've never seen storage there until today, which is why I asked.
😁

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I found the product guide. Looks like XLT adds passenger side bed side storage. That tells me XL probably doesn't have it. The document I found makes no mention of drivers side on XL, XLT, nor Lariat. I know that's the place where the light/inverter panel goes, but I've never seen storage there until today, which is why I asked.
😁
Ive read in a few places that XL has the space it just doesnt come with plastic cubby. Will need to unbolt panel and insert cubby after market

Sponsored

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So on the Lariat, where does the bed light and power outlet located if the second cubby takes its place?

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So on the Lariat, where does the bed light and power outlet located if the second cubby takes its place?
You only get the bed light and power outlet if you get the luxury package, otherwise you just get the two cubby storage compartments.

Reactions: JJC

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ive read in a few places that XL has the space it just doesnt come with plastic cubby. Will need to unbolt panel and insert cubby after market
Yup I heard the same. Should be easy to add it afterwards to the xl. I plan to.

MavrickEcoBoost

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
You only get the bed light and power outlet if you get the luxury package, otherwise you just get the two cubby storage compartments.
Lariat Lux gets both, two compartments and the light and plug. At least that's what the build sheet shows. It'll be interesting to see how they put it all together.

MavrickEcoBoost

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Lariat Lux only has passenger storage compartment. The driver side has the light and plug, no compartment.

Lariat Lux driver side bed pictured below:
Ford Maverick Video: Maverick Lariat Carrying Small Motorcycle & Bed Side Storage Cubby First Look {filename}
Well if you look at the build sheet on the forum, it shows the Cubby on both sides as standard. Then when you add on the Lux it add on the plug and light. And the sheet doesn't say you lose the left cubby by getting the lux. I think the issue is we are looking at all preproduction models. Wont know until it comes out. Im perfectly fine to lose the left to have the plug and light.
Sponsored