Sponsored

Unwritten Constraint - Full Size Spare? - NOPE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tim made it sound like all with the full size spare. But they could be doing like the hitch and giving higher priced models the priority.
Alternative theory: Ford recognized that a ton of the lux packages have gone to the hybrids as of late and is structuring to give the lux packages to EBs, knowing they have enough hybrids without lux packages to fill out the schedule.
Sponsored

baldboy

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Alternative theory: Ford recognized that a ton of the lux packages have gone to the hybrids as of late and is structuring to give the lux packages to EBs, knowing they have enough hybrids without lux packages to fill out the schedule.
Also if you orderd a Hybrid with "Copilot" it also comes for free a full size spare!

StephMavXLT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same on the hitch. Guess I should have just ditched it like my gut thought in November but out thought myself.
I need a hitch, and installing it after market is north of $700. ARGH

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

They can keep the spare for free if they just will build my truck.

jahl

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This thread is nuts. ONE salesman at ONE dealer noticed ONE possible commonality on a handful of PREVIEWING orders.... And it results in some 'sky is falling' comments, some comments asking 'what did he say about this' (it's a youtube video, anyone can watch it), some misinfo posts from people saying all hybrids come with full size spare, etc.

This thread is literally a net loss for the community as far as good info is concerned. It is almost 100% garbage. No offense to any one person, but this thread is such a distilled internet forum post echochamber game of telephone.

Sponsored

Jeddums

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This thread is nuts. ONE salesman at ONE dealer noticed ONE possible commonality on a handful of PREVIEWING orders.... And it results in some 'sky is falling' comments, some comments asking 'what did he say about this' (it's a youtube video, anyone can watch it), some misinfo posts from people saying all hybrids come with full size spare, etc.

This thread is literally a net loss for the community as far as good info is concerned. It is almost 100% garbage. No offense to any one person, but this thread is such a distilled internet forum post echochamber game of telephone.
Maybe if Ford was more transparent people who are excited/desperate for their truck wouldn't have to try to read the tea leaves on how many months or years they may have to wait. Just sayin . . .

Reactions: bgn

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

In defense of Tim.
  • This ONE dealership took in almost 800 Maverick orders this year. Probably more than any other dealer.
  • This dealership has had months with over 40 allocations, more than a handful.
  • Dealership was very structured in their setting of priorities to orders and can easily see when lower number priority order are skipped over and higher priority numbers are selected.
  • Tim follows Maverick orders and information probably closer than any other dealer salesman.
  • Tim keeps spreadsheets of all the orders and what trim and options they have for a detailed analysis of what types of orders are picked each month.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My guess is that it is a minor parts supply issue and that is why it isn’t officially constrained, just coming later than expected.
Tim is a VERY reliable source, this is a good catch he found.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hope Ford sends Tim a mug or something for doing a better job than their entire marketing and comms department. 😉

Sponsored

jahl

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In defense of Tim.
  • This ONE dealership took in almost 800 Maverick orders this year. Probably more than any other dealer.
  • This dealership has had months with over 40 allocations, more than a handful.
  • Dealership was very structured in their setting of priorities to orders and can easily see when lower number priority order are skipped over and higher priority numbers are selected.
  • Tim follows Maverick orders and information probably closer than any other dealer salesman.
  • Tim keeps spreadsheets of all the orders and what trim and options they have for a detailed analysis of what types of orders are picked each month.
No doubt. I understand what you're saying, but it is still just one salesman at one dealer who openly said it was a possibility (nothing for sure). I would say that I do disagree with your 4th point. Not taking anything away from Tim and the good work he does, but there are plenty of salespeople who follow Maverick orders and information probably just as much or more than Tim but do not participate in forums and other social media.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
This part of the stream really confused me. Was Tim referring to ecoboosts and hybrids with selected full sized spares? Those that are not in packages? All hybrids with 360 come with a full size spare included. Was he saying no mavericks with 360 have been scheduled?

@fordvideoguy
I was talking about THIS week's unscheduled orders not orders that have already been scheduled. OUR orders that are previewing don't have full size spares on the order. Hybrid with Luxury Package OR Co-Pilot 360 Package come with Full Size Spare which is probably why 0 of our 12 hybrids previewing have either of those 2 packages.

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My EB XL I got on 3/1 has a FSS, but only becasue I didn't know any better when I ordered it. I guess it's marginally better if you get a flat while way away from home, but it isn't the same tire, you can't use it as part of your tire rotation.

Reactions: uga

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My EB XL I got on 3/1 has a FSS, but only becasue I didn't know any better when I ordered it. I guess it's marginally better if you get a flat while way away from home, but it isn't the same tire, you can't use it as part of your tire rotation.
Even if it was the same size tire, it would be mounted on a cheap steel wheel so you wouldn’t use it as part of your rotation anyway.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.