First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Under possible concerns is listed the full size spare tire but Ford does not currently list it as a constraint item. Do we think the full size spare tire could hold up the 2023 Mavericks?

Ford Maverick Full size spare tire - possible constraint item-2023 1663792178512
Sponsored

MetalThunder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
MetalThunder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ecoboost AWD Oxford White
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My suggestion is pay attention, and if you can live without a constrained item , drop it like a bad habit.. Saying that I would not drop my spare when I was waiting, . But seeing only 50000 22s have been delivered, I probably would have To get mine sooner - but having it now makes it a tough retrospect Q- I dunno lol . My hold up was presumably mud flaps, dropped them and got scheduled , happy too with after market over factory ;)
Good Luck

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No Idea!
I dropped the FSS off my 23 eb order after I read that the FSS is hard to remove from under the bed, and near impossible to replace there!
I have also heard that the FSS is mounted on a slightly smaller rim, making it impossible to use in a set of 4 steelies.

OP
OP

Mr. Caper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm still debating if it is worth keeping the full-size spare option but if there is a chance it will hold up production I'll drop it. Does ford update their constraint list regularly somewhere or is it just word of mouth/ rumors that we find these things out?

Also, I was initially planning on mounting a full-size wheel from an XL for the spare but it looks like an actual full-size tire will not clear the metal claw that deflates the spare in a collision...

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Full size spare is a sham. It is NOT the same size as your running tires. All it gives is a rim on which to mount a proper tire. Carry a plug kit and pump. Donut as LAST resort.

Sponsored

DoubleR

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nissan Altima, 2015 Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Under possible concerns is listed the full size spare tire but Ford does not currently list it as a constraint item. Do we think the full size spare tire could hold up the 2023 Mavericks?

1663792178512.jpeg
The full size spare tire was my only option on my 2022 XLT AWD Maverick. Took 8.5 months for me to get my build date. My Maverick was built 1st week of October 2022. Delivered to dealership Saturday October 29th. FULL SIZE SPARE TIRE NEVER LISTED AS A CONSTRAINT...

FromAway

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's the same wheel as the XL steelie with a slightly smaller tire. I put a 245/65R17 matching Falken Wildpeak AT3 on there and it fits just fine. When I am trailering and offroad I put the tire in the bed. I would always use my pump and flat kit first, but the ability to self-recover without destroying my vehicle is always a plus.
Sponsored