dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This morning, I received a call from my salesman. He said they had received an email from Ford stating the full-size spare option is causing builds to be delayed and recommended that I drop it. I gave him my approval to remove it from my order.

With the removal of the Co-Pilot 360 option last month, I am now down to the $100 trailer hitch receiver as the only option ordered for my Ecoboost XLT in Cactus Gray.

My opinion...if the full-size spare actually was a full-size spare as most reasonable people expected when they saw it described as such, this likely wouldn't be an issue. Being an odd size and likely built by one supplier is probably why there are fulfillment issues with the "full-size" (narrow) spare.
Sponsored

Donodo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV Escape SEL, Maverick hybrid XLT, DR-650
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This past weekend I went in to my dealership to remove the spare tire. The sales manager put up quite a fuss over it saying it’s an important safety feature. Interestingly, I noticed the trailer hitch was not part of the order so I asked him to add it. I was appreciative that he mentioned that because my Maverick order is for a hybrid version, XLT, cactus gray, it will only be good for 2000 pounds. I doubt I will ever use it but would rather have it installed just in case.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This past weekend I went in to my dealership to remove the spare tire. The sales manager put up quite a fuss over it saying it’s an important safety feature. Interestingly, I noticed the trailer hitch was not part of the order so I asked him to add it. I was appreciative that he mentioned that because my Maverick order is for a hybrid version, XLT, cactus gray, it will only be good for 2000 pounds. I doubt I will ever use it but would rather have it installed just in case.
smart choice. If you don't get from the factory, none of the wiring harness for the hitch is installed on the truck which will be a PITA if you decide to add 1 later. Unlike aftermarket, the factory hitch is welded to the frame at the factory. Well worth the $100.00 option!

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got the full-size spare and mine arrived really quickly. Ordered 12/27/2021 and in my driveway 03/30/2022. I also didn't order the copilot 360 though, but for a different reason, lol.

Azul93GT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09'Escape LTD, 04' Ranger Edge, a couple of Fox
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is there anything officially from Ford on this full size spare tire constraint?
Sponsored