First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Explorer, 2009 Focus, 2019 Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I live in New England, so I wanted this update but the dealership said they can't do it proactivity.
Since there are no codes stored for when the problem occurs, if you tell them it did it a few weeks ago and you havent used the remote start since, they should do the update - I did mine last week, did 3 module updates and took about an hour...
Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update: my dealer seemed clueless over the phone and I’m going to bring it in next Wednesday. However I was told “your vin doesn’t show any required actions or recalls so it might not get done.” Even though the bulletin clearly states the symptoms all of which mine has. I’ve been a Toyota loyalist my whole life and I was nervous buying a Ford. This is isn’t helping. Maybe @Ford Motor Company can help.
Toyota is over hyped. My Prius with 1 quart oil burn/blow by every 500 miles can vouch for that.

1Guy1Truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I still have my 2014 Corolla. 180,000 miles with nothing but oil changes, brakes and tires.
That’s awesome. I’m not saying it isn’t good. My point is every company has issues. Plenty of people have old rangers that can say the same thing. I’m not a fanboy of any of the companies either, just a realist. You’re also comparing a long standing car (1966) to a first year vehicle. Perhaps your expectations are unreasonable. So far Ford has taken action of nearly every known issue with the Maverick. And a software glitch can happen to any vehicle today.

Last edited:

Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That’s awesome. I’m not saying it isn’t good. My point is every company has issues. Plenty of people have old rangers that can say the same thing. I’m not a fanboy of any of the companies either, just a realist. You’re also comparing a long standing car (1966) to a first year vehicle. Perhaps your expectations are unreasonable. So far Ford has taken action of nearly every known issue with the Maverick. And a software glitch can happen to any vehicle today.
Agreed. I would expect most modern cars to go 1/4 mil miles with nothing major. My 97 sonoma, 98 and 04 expedition, my 12 focus, and my 03 CLK were/are near or way beyond 200k miles and none had any major drive train issues at all. None received more than the bare minimum maintenance.

Sponsored

ralatalo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Yaris hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since there are no codes stored for when the problem occurs, if you tell them it did it a few weeks ago and you havent used the remote start since, they should do the update - I did mine last week, did 3 module updates and took about an hour...
I only had the Maverick for 2 days and they broke the bed lights when they were installing the touch Link light so I figured I'd get it done well it was in there so I have to wait for me to get the Maverick back and for us to have a cold morning then I can report the problem.

Xerox6135

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Were you having the same issue or did you just go ahead and schedule it as a precaution? I'm yet to even use remote start because I didn't want to trigger anything before I'm easily able to schedule a time if needed.
Yes I was have problems with the glowing catalytic converter

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided
Has anyone else got the update yet? Mine is scheduled for Friday.

1Guy1Truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got it done this morning. Took about 1.5 hours. Don’t notice anything so far except my “miles to empty went from 300 to 150 and is slowly creeping back up.

Sponsored

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Interesting. The update was applied this morning. I haven't picked it up yet, but I noticed a new button for Horn/Lights in my FordPass App.

Ford Maverick TSB 22-2124 -- 2.5L Hybrid idle surge fix (software update) Screenshot_20220415-093914_FordPass

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey Casanewt, I don't have that new button, you are special!! Lol. Maybe it's only for XLT & above?

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Hey Casanewt, I don't have that new button, you are special!! Lol. Maybe it's only for XLT & above?
Well, I didn't have it until this TSB was put on the truck, so who knows???

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Tsb was done on Maverick today for the catalytic converter glow. They reprogrammed a number of modules including the ABS module. The only difference I can notice is the regenerative braking doesn't seem to be as aggressive in Eco mode. Fuel economy seems to be exactly the same. I think it may have gotten rid of that grabbing in the brakes as you were coming off regen going on to the friction brakes but I'll have to drive it for a while to be sure of that. Dealer said it took them 3 hours to complete.
Picked the Mav up last night after the TSB update and drove it home. I had it in Normal driving mode the whole time and I am pretty sure I can back up @Xerox6135 's comments about the braking system feeling smoother. I will have to drive it a bit more to be totally sure. The service order states that the TSB 22-2124 - operation MT222124 included the reprogramming of the PCM, SOBDM-C, BECM, and BECMB. As mentioned earlier, my FordPass App now has a Horn & Lights button that was definitely not there until the update was applied.

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Edited:

For what it is worth, I picked the Mav up Friday night after the TSB 22-2124 update for the cold start surging idle issue and drove it home. I had it in Normal driving mode the whole time and I am pretty sure I can back up the comments about the braking system feeling smoother after this update. I have put around 40 or so additional miles on it this last weekend and it really does seem quite a bit better.

It seems this TSB may have touched more than just the cold idle issue. The service order from my dealer stated that the TSB 22-2124 - operation MT222124 included the reprogramming of the PCM, SOBDM-C, BECM, and BECMB. Also, my FordPass App now has a Horn & Lights button that was definitely not there until the update was applied.

This TSB was for Maverick Hybrids built on or before March 9th, 2022. Anything after that should already have the update. The update is dealer only and cannot just be downloaded. https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-hybrid-idle-surge-fix-software-update.12761/

Final note: If you are in the hybrid build date range for this TSB(all hybrids built up through 3-9-22) and you go to schedule the work with your dealer, they are instructed to ask you if you have had the idle surging issue. How you answer that question may affect whether or not they are willing to perform the TSB.
Sponsored