First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, the only longevity I have to go on is reviews I have read online. this is my first personal truck (drove a F250 for work for a while). I don't like the trifolds because they just seem like they get in the way too much. The hard rollups either block the rear windshield too much or take up a lot of room in the bed. Soft rollup seemed like a good compromise.

I would be interested in hearing from Truxedo if this is true, but I read somewhere they are the OEM for some of Fords soft rollups.
Just to clarify, your "no" was to "have you used this brand?" But you're not sure waterproof. Or are you sure it's not waterproof?
Sponsored

OP
OP
WesM

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just to clarify, your "no" was to "have you used this brand?" But you're not sure waterproof. Or are you sure it's not waterproof?
Sorry I should have clarified, I have not used the brand and do not know if its water proof. One of the videos I saw showed installing it with a gasket on the front edge, which might suggest some level of water resistance.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Anyone get any pics of the hard roll up tonneau cover mountings yet
There are a few photos of it on the forum. Just can't remember which of the thousand threads it was. But they are here.

EDIT: Found photo and attached. They are the same ole' C-Clamps.

Ford Maverick TruXedo has Maverick tonneau bed cover option now 1628632022450

Last edited:

Sponsored

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I live only 80 miles from Truxedo's headquarters. Since this will be my first truck, I knew nothing about Truxedo' covers. What a small world we live in...

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That looks good for the price. Does anybody know what country their products are manufactured in?
I searched the site last night and could never find anything that mentioned where they made them. Sorry.

SeaMav206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Focus
Looks very nice. I opted in for hard roll up directly from Ford hopefully it will match the quality and will come with the warranty.

How do you prevent those tonneau covers from being unlocked by somebody? Are they connected to your locking tailgate or do I have to get some sort of lock for it?

Pardon my ignorance as this will be my first truck.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WesM

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks very nice. I opted in for hard roll up directly from Ford hopefully it will match the quality and will come with the warranty.

How do you prevent those tonneau covers from being unlocked by somebody? Are they connected to your locking tailgate or do I have to get some sort of lock for it?

From the videos I'm seeing, the only way to open the soft covers is by opening your tailgate. The latch is under the cover.

https://realtruck.com/production/tr.../fff/80/fcc29b418c278df8603e5885ece72a4f.jpeg

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Most of the Hard Rollups roll out to the tailgate and lock down. You have to open the tailgate and pull a wire just under the cover to release the lock and roll it open.

SeaMav206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Focus
Most of the Hard Rollups roll out to the tailgate and lock down. You have to open the tailgate and pull a wire just under the cover to release the lock and roll it open.

Awesome! Thank you. I should go look at the Ranger hard roll up and it would be similar

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it was $299. Like someone else posted, looks like they pulled the price off the website. Too much interest I guess.
I posted a snapshot of the models with the starting prices. See Post #38 above.
Sponsored