Sponsored

J_W_Smith

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Ford Bronco, 01 Ford Excursion
Thanks Tim for all your hard work. We all appreciate you keeping us informed. Keep the videos and live streams coming!
Sponsored

Gus

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150, 2013 Transit Connect, 2018 BMW X1
Even if the launch is "slower or later than expected" for a majority of people, as long as at least one hybrid order is fulfilled by December 21 there has not been a delay. That's what we're saying?
First of all, there can be no "we" when you are asking about one collective feeling, from a couple thousand people, on one particularly specific question. Everyone is going to have their own opinion on where the line in the sand is.

Second, even if every single one of us agreed to a date, and that date was crossed, then what? Where are you going with this? Are we all supposed to agree to a death pact?

Each of us is going to decide when we have had enough, and either wait some more, or cancel. This isn't a "team" event. Please stop stirring the pot, like theres going to be some sort of collective uprising or revolt.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
I mean ... With Hermasillo shutting down for two days, aren't all Mavericks being delayed a bit?

How late can a car/truck be before Ford actually labels it delayed?
According to their statement expect fall delivery. Fall runs from September 21 to December 20. So as long as one is delivered by December 20th, they are not delayed.

Astropowell

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Jetta SE (1.4L turbo, manual transmission)
Thanks, Tim! I appreciate the update. I completely understand the logistics nightmare going on with chips and shipping at the moment. I am excited to get the truck, and will be thrilled when I finally get the build email even if it takes another 6 months. I think it is worth the wait!

Sponsored

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Probably will not cancel. I will take it for a test drive and decide if it is the "Bees Knees" It will come down to being offered a decent price for my F-150.

If not, I will let the dealer have it unless the flip value is high. They are a decent dealer. Have done recalls cheerfully and have been given loaners when I asked for one.

The gut says this will probably not be my 6th new Ford.

Tourguide

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why has the testing not already been done?
And your asking WHO 😵💫😵💫 on this site? If it wasn’t for speculation we could get rid of over half the texts. As Rose-Ana-Dana use to say “and that’s the truth “

Jakb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So dealers are saying this so they can get sales alot sooner if they switch
I'm betting some dealers are also pushing the Ecoboost as they look down on the Hybrid.

I recently talked to a dealer about their Ecoboost coming in and they mentioned that I can get a "real truck" now instead of wait for a hybrid.

Lots of folks who are surrounded all day by $75,000 overkill trucks floating around with judgy opinions.

vabchusa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford C Max SE, 2022 Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I believe Ford said the Maverick would be available in fall 2021 and they have delivered some, objective filled. But I never heard them specify when the hybrid itself was to be delivered. It appears many are just speculating over things we and Ford have no control over. Just my opinion.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
According to their statement expect fall delivery. Fall runs from September 21 to December 20. So as long as one is delivered by December 20th, they are not delayed.
Thank you for the clear reply.

Sponsored

AngeloInSC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There have been some dealers telling their customers that hybrid vehicles are delayed and won't be available for 6-8 months. Some saying there are thermal issues.

I want everyone to know they are NOT correct.

Hybrid scheduling and production continues each week.

OKTB (okay to buy) is pending EPA testing.

Information straight from the Maverick team.
So how does this effect (if at all) the Mavs ordered with the EB engine? Can we expect any changes in our production/delivery dates? Is there another hammer about ready to drop?

RobAge80

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There have been some dealers telling their customers that hybrid vehicles are delayed and won't be available for 6-8 months. Some saying there are thermal issues.

I want everyone to know they are NOT correct.

Hybrid scheduling and production continues each week.

OKTB (okay to buy) is pending EPA testing.

Information straight from the Maverick team.
Thank you for the incite! I order the Hybrid XLT on 6/12 with still no build date. Hoping this will change my status soon. 😊

ralatalo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Yaris hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow... can't we agree on some middle ground? Maybe at least to agree to disagree?

The Maverick isn't delayed, they are shipping (just not the Hybrid yet)
The Hybrid is delayed if only for shipping due to waiting for the EPA and Ok to buy

The whole start shipping in Fall and dates is nitpicking. I wish I knew when the EPA approval would come but I don't think there is any reason for Ford to prioritize Hybrids which will end up sitting when they could produce trucks they can ship. Don't get me wrong, I am waiting for my ordered Hybrid but since I can't get it before it's been approved to buy/sell, there is no Rush for it to be built.

athens2au

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
So how does this effect (if at all) the Mavs ordered with the EB engine? Can we expect any changes in our production/delivery dates? Is there another hammer about ready to drop?
Ecoboost are not affected at all
Sponsored