Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the real problem here is Ford Motor Company. Had they made a clear, concise, easy to understand statement about the "Hybrid situation", it would have made all the difference. People would not be getting false statements from uninformed salespeople.

For instance: "We understand that many of you have questions about your Maverick Hybrid orders. Specifically, when they will be scheduled / shipped. We want to assure you that we understand your frustration. As of right now, we are waiting for the EPA to do their testing, and give us to the ok to release the Hybrid. We anticipate this will take XX weeks, but cannot guaranty the government's timetable. Please be patient, we will follow up this email with another update next week."

Simple, to the point, and costs nothing to do. In fact if anyone from Ford is reading this, feel free to copy and paste. Just kick in some molded floor mats when my maverick comes in, and we will be even.
They did this 5 times already with the Bronco delays heck I even got a free Hammock from them -)
Sponsored

Bayview boy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caravan, Envoy, Focus
I was told that late October, most likely November and possibly December are when I can expect my hybrid XL. Is that still a reasonable time frame given what you know?

Thanks.
If you haven't already received a build week, then I would say more likely in January. I ordered my hybrid XLT in mid June. September 30th said build date of November 22nd. October 1st, another email received and this one said December 6th. Keeps getting pushed back.

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Give this man a raise.

I didn't even order a hybrid and I understand the importance of Tim's post. Honestly, he's probably the only person with Maverick info that I trust.

Thank you for all you do and share.

Sponsored

V2WIN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That would make sense, I would still like official word from Ford on it

So, if this is true, the only way Ford will say that there has been a delay is if no hybrid trucks get delivered before December 21? If one gets delivered on December 20 then the hybrid was available at launch?

Even if the launch is "slower or later than expected" for a majority of people, as long as at least one hybrid order is fulfilled by December 21 there has not been a delay. That's what we're saying?
Tim seems like a really nice guy, that said he is just another dealer with what we hope is inside information. I want to see a public announcement from a Ford executive. Take some responsibility & stop with the nasty government caused this . The epa can't test what Ford doesn't give them. I still think Ford took orders on a vehicle they couldn't produce. I'm approaching Fats Domino territory The thrill is gone. Lousy lauch Ford, the head of the Maverick team should be fired.

Exhibus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Corolla, 2006 Solara, 2017 NC750X DCT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We should all do a Pilgrimage to Celina KS when we get our trucks! Thanks Tim!
I mean, I have considered it myself.

MarkG

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Why has the testing not already been done?
Unless there is evidence that Ford hasn't complied with EPA requests, then that question should be directed towards the EPA.

I seriously doubt Ford would intentionally delay certification.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would like an answer to my legitimate question: how much later would it be before Ford would consider labeling orders "delayed" ? Not ragging, seeking information.
No you seem to be in major whining mode. Others have explained over and over why but for some reason you keep on whining and whining.

Example your brand new thread titled "How Long" that you started

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/how-long.2988/#post-65696

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why has the testing not already been done?
EPA testing not Ford testing.

EPA is a government agency so who knows what their timeline is.

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you haven't already received a build week, then I would say more likely in January. I ordered my hybrid XLT in mid June. September 30th said build date of November 22nd. October 1st, another email received and this one said December 6th. Keeps getting pushed back.
The June desert lot of Bronco Sports has started to receive their missing chips and are being shipped. That will give Ford more room for the Hybrid Mavericks until the EPA testing is completed.

thosw

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim seems like a really nice guy, that said he is just another dealer with what we hope is inside information. I want to see a public announcement from a Ford executive. Take some responsibility & stop with the nasty government caused this . The epa can't test what Ford doesn't give them. I still think Ford took orders on a vehicle they couldn't produce. I'm approaching Fats Domino territory The thrill is gone. Lousy lauch Ford, the head of the Maverick team should be fired.
FYI… The Thrill Is Gone was a hit song by B.B. King…not Fats Domino. 😊
If you want to cancel your order, there IS the Fats Domino song… I’m Walkin’! 😂

Last edited:

Spiffster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Im not sure if this has changed since the Hyundai debacle but Im pretty sure manufacturers can use the EPA methodology and submit their own numbers if they want. In any case, its probably more prudent to have the EPA conduct the tests themselves so there is no confusion. We know how slow government agencies work, but no reason why they cant be built, and they are probably piling up at the Hermosillo plant waiting for EPA numbers to print to the window sticker before they are shipped off. Judging by the reviews, Im betting we see OVER 40 combined. EPA is probably just in disbelief right now. ;-).

Bill Cather

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim, thank you for putting this message out! It's troubling how much misinformation is being put out by some dealerships (or more accurately, some salespersons)! This should be troubling to Ford, as this misinformation will cause some to look to other vehicle manufacturers for their vehicle purchases!
And like the “telephone game” some of the information the dealership gives gets misinterpreted and away we go.
Sponsored