F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I don't know why they'd rule anything out at this point.

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
I don't know why they'd rule anything out at this point.
Exactly. Success for the Maverick will certainly result in new variants. It's inevitable.

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd be interested in the off road version. Add a little bit of extra ground clearance, decent underbody protection, and the Bronco Sport Badlands differential and you have a superb Forest Service/BLM exploration vehicle.

Edit: Also maybe some more robust or possibly piggyback shocks to handle washboard better.

Last edited:

Sponsored

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd be interested in the off road version. Add a little bit of extra ground clearance, decent underbody protection, and the Bronco Sport Badlands differential and you have a superb Forest Service/BLM exploration vehicle.

Edit: Also maybe some more robust or possibly piggyback shocks to handle washboard better.
I'd want to see what they can do with a hybrid base. Forest road/BLM doesn't require 4wd and I will inly consider a high mileage truck.

Reactions: bgn

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd want to see what they can do with a hybrid base. Forest road/BLM doesn't require 4wd and I will inly consider a high mileage truck.
I'm hoping they come out with an AWD hybrid at some point. I've explored many a mile in fwd vehicles, but where I live now (southern NV), the BLM roads have a lot more sandy and unconsolidated parts, so I am more eager for AWD than I was previously.

But I do agree: the range and mileage is one of the principal attractions.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm hoping they come out with an AWD hybrid at some point. I've explored many a mile in fwd vehicles, but where I live now (southern NV), the BLM roads have a lot more sandy and unconsolidated parts, so I am more eager for AWD than I was previously.

But I do agree: the range and mileage is one of the principal attractions.
I agree that'd be interesting. But it would have to have a transfer case (like the Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid which gets lame mileage). Elsewhere on this board, someone proposed a rear electric motor for better packaging. That probably won't work without a bigger battery as you'd run out of juice for any extended 4wheeling.

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree that'd be interesting. But it would have to have a transfer case (like the Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid which gets lame mileage). Elsewhere on this board, someone proposed a rear electric motor for better packaging. That probably won't work without a bigger battery as you'd run out of juice for any extended 4wheeling.
The Escape Hybrid comes in and AWD version with some mileage compromise but it's not gigantic. I would hope that the Maverick's system was a bit more robust and that isn't costless but hopefully it would be more efficient than the 2.0.

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
Sounds like it’s all going to be based on the success of the Maverick. If they sell 100k+ unites in the first year and don’t see a drop off. I imagine they will have a tremor and ST package.
Sponsored