Sponsored

Maverick Marketing Team says bed extender is only compatible with hard tri-fold tonneau?

JVolpe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beater truck
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Posted via a dealer:

From Zac @ the Maverick Marketing team:

"I checked with engineering and the bed extender is not compatible with Hard Rollup Tonneau Cover & Soft Tonneau Cover due to hardware incompatibility. The bed extender, however, is compatible with the hard tri-fold tonneau, so I’ll make sure that is reflected in the order."
Sponsored

asel3121

First Name
Asel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Engine
Undecided
Posted via a dealer:

From Zac @ the Maverick Marketing team:

"I checked with engineering and the bed extender is not compatible with Hard Rollup Tonneau Cover & Soft Tonneau Cover due to hardware incompatibility. The bed extender, however, is compatible with the hard tri-fold tonneau, so I’ll make sure that is reflected in the order."
Hasn't this already been disproved in several videos? I thought the actual issue was that they couldn't be ordered together, yet in reality they do fit when both are installed?

OP
OP
JVolpe

JVolpe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beater truck
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hasn't this already been disproved in several videos? I thought the actual issue was that they couldn't be ordered together, yet in reality they do fit when both are installed?
I thought so too and am confused by the "hardware compatibility" part.

Xatorius

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Those Tonneau covers are really easy to install, I would just buy the truck with the bed extender and then use the fordpass points you got for buying the truck to help buy whatever Ford Tonneau you want.

Sponsored

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Maverick Marketing Team says bed extender is only compatible with hard tri-fold tonneau? 6ED058EC-46B6-4867-A9BD-1BF5324D35C9

keebs159

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Nissan Frontier
With the varying info out there, I think it's an incompatibility at the factory, not on the truck. I can't prove it (obviously) but I suspect the covers and the extender are installed at the same station on the line, meaning they don't want two items for a truck at the same station slowing down the cadence of production.

Dandy Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm curious if anyone has tried the bed extender with the hard drop-in bedliner? The picture above, from the order options indicates that they are not compatible. But on the Ford accessories webpage there is no mention of it...

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm curious if anyone has tried the bed extender with the hard drop-in bedliner? The picture above, from the order options indicates that they are not compatible. But on the Ford accessories webpage there is no mention of it...
Some options are functionally capable but they don't want the factory to have to assemble them. The hard drop-in bedliner is designed to be compatible with the bed extender and has the markings to drill/cut where you need to mount the brackets.

Dandy Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some options are functionally capable but they don't want the factory to have to assemble them. The hard drop-in bedliner is designed to be compatible with the bed extender and has the markings to drill/cut where you need to mount the brackets.
OK That's great to know, Thanks!
Sponsored