First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey all, anyone put All Season tires on their Maverick instead of All Terrain tires? Any improvement in ride quality or MPG?
Sponsored

Grand Nat.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Stingray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It wouldn't be worth it. The Tremor ride fine just the way it is. The AWD system and locking diff is meant to be used with all terrain tires. The mileage wouldn't increase too much with that size change.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Alharm1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Appreciate the input. But, chances are mine will never be a mud buggy. So, that’s why I was wondering if more streetable tires would make more sense.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
you won't see much MPG/ride quality increase by different tread patterns, tire weight maybe.

the rear drive started life as a road car unit, not offroad specific by any means.

Sponsored

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There are some less aggressive tread tires out there. May want to try something like that?
Below is a photo of Hankook ATM. They were very smooth on the road and can handle off road too. But if you want a very good road tire, go with Michelin Defernders.

Ford Maverick Tremor on All Season instead of All Terrain tires 20230912_122051_resized[4223]

Ford Maverick Tremor on All Season instead of All Terrain tires 20230106_140108_resized

wvpc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6, 1999 Mazda Miata.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The new buzz in tires is all weather tires. Michelin Cross Climate II was the king but now there are others. They are primarily road tires but can handle 4 seasons plus wet/dry roads.

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The new buzz in tires is all weather tires. Michelin Cross Climate II was the king but now there are others. They are primarily road tires but can handle 4 seasons plus wet/dry roads.
I'm leaning toward the Pirelli Scorpion WeatherActives as my next tire. Not quite as obnoxious-looking as the CC2's, similar qualities.

HRG

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are some less aggressive tread tires out there. May want to try something like that?
Below is a photo of Hankook ATM. They were very smooth on the road and can handle off road too. But if you want a very good road tire, go with Michelin Defernders.

20230912_122051_resized[4223].jpg

20230106_140108_resized.jpg
I have a hybrid, so I can't speak to tires on a tremor, but I have defender 2's on my maverick and I think they're great.

Also, I think the weight plays a big role in the mpg, maybe more than tread.

Sponsored

Hunters Edge

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 crew
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Appreciate the input. But, chances are mine will never be a mud buggy. So, that’s why I was wondering if more streetable tires would make more sense.
No sense at all. First I doubt you would save any MPG that is noticeable. Second the cost of new tires far exceed any savings you could possibly expect. Third you may not go off road but living in WV you still have snow and other elements that the AT tires far exceed the AS tires in performance and safety. Fourth if you need traction to get out of a ditch or to pull someone out of a ditch you will be glad to have the extra traction AT tires provide. Hopefully they will keep you and your loved ones out of the ditch. So the question you should be asking yourself what price can you put on safety?

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP, the most noticeable change as a result of your plan would be highway tire noise reduction. FE & ride quality would be fractional, and not overtly noticeable.

If you are approaching from an ROI perspective, it's not a great choice.

OP
OP

Alharm1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
how much money are you looking to save at the end of the day,?
No specific target. Just wondering if different tires would be beneficial. I drove a non-Tremor model. My Tremor ride seems much smoother with the upgraded suspension. Just a thought on tires. I only have 600 miles on my truck…..so it’ll be a while before I replace tires.

Dudley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey all, anyone put All Season tires on their Maverick instead of All Terrain tires? Any improvement in ride quality or MPG?
Not a tremor, but a 2022 FWD XLT. As soon as we got it made the cheap stock tires go away and got raised white letter all weather tires since truck is white. Snow and ice was minimal in Central Indiana this year and since it is primarily my wife's and she doesn't like it to get dirty, even when there was some was not enough to truly test it. But in the rain, traction is very good. No slippage braking or off the line unless you jump on it

mav_kev

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No specific target. Just wondering if different tires would be beneficial. I drove a non-Tremor model. My Tremor ride seems much smoother with the upgraded suspension. Just a thought on tires. I only have 600 miles on my truck…..so it’ll be a while before I replace tires.
FX4 owner here - I replaced the stock Pirelli Scorpions at about 1k miles with the same size Falken Wildpeaks you have on your Tremor from the factory. Tire noise, braking/turning, and MPG changes were noticeable (and negative) but pretty negligible. I don't find the Falkens to be an overly aggressive AT tire, but personally wanted the extra offroad and winter performance they offered compared to the stock Pirellis.

If you're looking to improve ride quality and MPG performance for your use, going to an all-season would be beneficial, but only slightly. Factoring the cost of a set of tires, even if you are able to sell the takeoffs, the choice will depend on your priorities. I was able to sell my takeoffs for $200, so that softened the $800 blow for my swap and ultimately I'm happy. You might feel differently.
Sponsored