First Name
GREENE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LX80
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Greetings, I have successfully towed and launched a 2000LB fully loaded 2008 Seadoo Speedster with my Hybrid XL the results were fantastic.

It had no trouble on the road and I truly felt as if it was not towing anything at all. I firmly believe this thing could tow 3000LBs.

Photos are in the link.

Ford Maverick HYBRID MAVERICK TOWING 2000LB BOAT Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 10.42.49 AM
Ford Maverick HYBRID MAVERICK TOWING 2000LB BOAT Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 10.42.36 AM
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you launch with it? Wondering how the FWD worked pulling up a wet ramp?

OP
OP
LEDLITES

LEDLITES

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GREENE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LX80
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes. No problem at all. I actually got the trailer stuck in the mud because I launched at low tide and I was able to yank it out with nothing more than a tiny chirp and a bump of the throttle. With the boat on pulling out was no hassle at all. Like it was not even there.

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, I've seen quite few people state that you have to have a 4x4 to pull a boat up the ramp. Glad you confirmed that isn't the case.

OP
OP
LEDLITES

LEDLITES

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GREENE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LX80
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, I've seen quite few people state that you have to have a 4x4 to pull a boat up the ramp. Glad you confirmed that isn't the case.
Speaking from experience 4x4 is the best hands down especially if you got a big boat. fwd Hybrid with the weight forward is better than a 2wd rwd truck. If your rears are in the wet and you're light in the rear which trucks are lighter in the rear, you may spin. Try and keep your front wheels on dry ground when you can, baby it up if the ram is super slick and you will be fine on the ramp.

I did not even think about using it and I did not need it but in high angle boat ramps throwing the car in Low is not ever a bad idea.

Sponsored

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought that too. I have a 20 foot pontoon boat that I put in the Spring and take out in the Fall. The ramp is only a quater mike away from my home. One reason why I went with awd. Especially with all the weight over the back wheels. But I guess even more important would be the angle of the ramp.

Teddy Bear

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes. No problem at all. I actually got the trailer stuck in the mud because I launched at low tide and I was able to yank it out with nothing more than a tiny chirp and a bump of the throttle. With the boat on pulling out was no hassle at all. Like it was not even there.
I TOW WITH MY MAVERICK HYBRID MY BOAT ABOUT 2 MILES 25 FT ABOUT 4500LBS NO PROBLEM

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Greetings, I have successfully towed and launched a 2000LB fully loaded 2008 Seadoo Speedster with my Hybrid XL the results were fantastic.

It had no trouble on the road and I truly felt as if it was not towing anything at all. I firmly believe this thing could tow 3000LBs.

Photos are in the link.

Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 10.42.36 AM.jpg
You gotta paint your Seadoo Velocity Blue where it is grey and get some silver steelies for the tailer.

Thanks for posting. :cool:

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dammit…I need a new doo-accessory.