Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FE Rapid Red 2.5L Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've struggled with this for months... I originally wanted the Yakima Overhaul HD w/ HD crossbars combined with the BAK X4S. In the end I choose the "Elevate Rack System" b/c I felt it was the most workable solution with best price, availability and relatively easily modified. Bonus is the discount that RealTruck offers us.

I began the install this past weekend. To Start the BAK X4S & TS Rails installation is very straight forward and easy. The only modification needed was to trim the rubber seal against the back window. My modification may have been due to the Bedrug so do the full install to verify if trimming is needed.

The majority of my time spent was on the Elevate CS Racks. To be fair the rack install itself was very easy, my time was on modifications! As we all know the Mav is a small truck and IMHO this rack is made for the larger ones, but can be modified to work; at least for my needs. Bottom line, I wanted the Low / High settings to both be lowered. Additionally, I wanted multiple between settings to align with my Yakima Roof Racks for my kayak among other things.
Pic #1 Shows trimmed window seal
#2 Bedrug, BAK, TS rails
#3 CS Racks original low & high no crossbars
#4 Modified racks - 1-1/2" cut from both ends, re-drilled holes (don't use the original top holes).
#5 New High mount set points.
#6 New Low mount set points.
#7 Now it's aligned w/ the roof & doesn't block the brake lights.
#8 Aligned w/ Roof Racks.

I'm really pleased with the final results and the only thing that I would change is increase the end cuts from 1-1/2inches to 2 inches.

I hope this helps..

Ford Maverick Tonneaus with rack rails 20221016_153054

Ford Maverick Tonneaus with rack rails 20221009_163200

Ford Maverick Tonneaus with rack rails Original Low-High no Crossbar-2

Ford Maverick Tonneaus with rack rails Cut  & holes

Ford Maverick Tonneaus with rack rails Side High Alignment

Ford Maverick Tonneaus with rack rails Side Low Alignment

Ford Maverick Tonneaus with rack rails Roof Alignment

Ford Maverick Tonneaus with rack rails 20221016_153158
Sponsored

Smack

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great Write-Up, it's hard to find stuff for the Mav but the Elevate stuff "JUST WORKS".

Smack

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Elevate TS Rails are great and work with almost any system, I put them on my Mav with the Ford tri-fold.

Ford Maverick Tonneaus with rack rails IMG_2608.JPG

Smack

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Finally got the Inno Cargo Box.
It sits below the cab as the pics show so I hope the millages will not take a hit.

Ford Maverick Tonneaus with rack rails IMG_2622.JPG

Ford Maverick Tonneaus with rack rails IMG_2623.JPG

Ford Maverick Tonneaus with rack rails IMG_2624.JPG

Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's a picture of the Elevate rails and rack with Undercover Ultra Flex tonneau.

PXL_20220913_194806856.MP.jpg
I'm loving it! what was the total cost to build your rack system and can you provide the parts breakdown and where to buy as I could use it for my surfboards🏄‍♂️Mahalo 🏝

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm loving it! what was the total cost to build your rack system and can you provide the parts breakdown and where to buy as I could use it for my surfboards🏄‍♂️Mahalo 🏝
Amazon. You need the rails as well also from amazon

These are the rails. I had to cut a bit off. Easy with a hacksaw. Rack system is Amazon as well $779

Attachments

Last edited:

Bear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus & Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've struggled with this for months... I originally wanted the Yakima Overhaul HD w/ HD crossbars combined with the BAK X4S. In the end I choose the "Elevate Rack System" b/c I felt it was the most workable solution with best price, availability and relatively easily modified. Bonus is the discount that RealTruck offers us.

I began the install this past weekend. To Start the BAK X4S & TS Rails installation is very straight forward and easy. The only modification needed was to trim the rubber seal against the back window. My modification may have been due to the Bedrug so do the full install to verify if trimming is needed.

The majority of my time spent was on the Elevate CS Racks. To be fair the rack install itself was very easy, my time was on modifications! As we all know the Mav is a small truck and IMHO this rack is made for the larger ones, but can be modified to work; at least for my needs. Bottom line, I wanted the Low / High settings to both be lowered. Additionally, I wanted multiple between settings to align with my Yakima Roof Racks for my kayak among other things.
#2 Bedrug, BAK, TS rails
#4 Modified racks - 1-1/2" cut from both ends, re-drilled holes (don't use the original top holes).

I'm really pleased with the final results and the only thing that I would change is increase the end cuts from 1-1/2inches to 2 inches.

I hope this helps..

20221016_153054.jpg

20221009_163200.jpg

Original Low-High no Crossbar-2.jpg

Cut  & holes.jpg

Side High Alignment.jpg

Side Low Alignment.jpg

Roof Alignment.jpg

20221016_153158.jpg

How did you modify your roof to install the roof rack? I have the same setup as you except for the roof mounts

glpuckett

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Bear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

glpuckett

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was going to ask if you drilled any holes and I read later in that thread you did. I take you had to remove the head liner as well. Did you or have someone else install the roof rails?
No... didn't have to remove anything. I didn't have any experience doing this type of install, so I had "Rack Attack" perform the install. For me it was well worth the investment and peace of mind.

Bear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No... didn't have to remove anything. I didn't have any experience doing this type of install, so I had "Rack Attack" perform the install. For me it was well worth the investment and peace of mind.
Drilling holes and removing the headliner is a bit too much for me as well. I just google Rack Attack and they have no locations near me (metro Detroit). Did they give you a guarantee with the install (rust or leaking) and if you don't mind me asking how much did they charge for the install?

I have to say, it does look nice!!

glpuckett

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Drilling holes and removing the headliner is a bit too much for me as well. I just google Rack Attack and they have no locations near me (metro Detroit). Did they give you a guarantee with the install (rust or leaking) and if you don't mind me asking how much did they charge for the install?

I have to say, it does look nice!!
Bear, thanks for the compliment :) It looks even better in person and it's a clean look when the racks are removed. Easy on easy off and lockable! Rack Attack is very reputable company and I enjoy talking to the folks at my local shop for advice and input. You're right it looks like if you want Rack Attack it's either Chicago (280mi) or Mississauga (230mi). However, quick google search of "Overland Truck Outfitters" in Detroit shows many choices! Take your time, do your research, visit the shop(s) & spend some time talking to the folks before you choose. Love to hear how this works out for you, so provide an update!

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's a picture of the Elevate rails and rack with Undercover Ultra Flex tonneau.

PXL_20220913_194806856.MP.jpg
hello,
what kind of accessories are you able connect to the top of the bar in the elevate rack system?
There is a slot I believe, you remove the rubber gasket and then? I have tons of Yakima circular accessories and I am trying to see if I can use them with Elevate Rack system.
thank you

J_Garn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

#2 Bedrug, BAK, TS rails

I hope this helps..

20221016_153054.jpg

20221009_163200.jpg

Original Low-High no Crossbar-2.jpg

Cut  & holes.jpg

Side High Alignment.jpg

Side Low Alignment.jpg

Roof Alignment.jpg

20221016_153158.jpg
Hi,

I'm ordering my Elevate Rack System now, and the only thing that made me pause was not wanting them to sit too high above the roof. I love the new height settings you created and want to do the exact same. Could you give a brief walk-thru of how you did it? I'm trying to understand the extent of tools needed and decide if it's something I can do myself or not. Thank you!
Sponsored