Sponsored

Tonneau covers - trifold vs hard roll up?

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
Finally got an update from my Revolver X4s delivery. It should be here by the end of the month
Sponsored

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Finally got an update from my Revolver X4s delivery. It should be here by the end of the month
Was just about to post realtruck sent me estimate of Monday, Nov. 29 - Friday, Dec. 3

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
Was just about to post realtruck sent me estimate of Monday, Nov. 29 - Friday, Dec. 3
yeah I got the same dates. Guess I was being optimistic saying the end of the month

SiLence

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

yeah I got the same dates. Guess I was being optimistic saying the end of the month
I got the same thing in email, RealTruck chat says " That is automated email that our system sends out when the order has past the original shipping date. I cant guarantee those shipping dates. " and " is still in production, the vendor is waiting on parts.".

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
I got the same thing in email, RealTruck chat says " That is automated email that our system sends out when the order has past the original shipping date. I cant guarantee those shipping dates. " and " is still in production, the vendor is waiting on parts.".
well that’s a little bit of a bummer to hear. I remember last month when I was placing my order it seemed like the Bak products had an earlier estimated ship time than Truxedo, but now it seems Truxedo is shipping well before Bak.

might switch to a sentry ct if it takes too much longer

Sponsored

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That makes sense they originally said it wouldn't ship until early December when I ordered last month

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I emailed diamondback they said they would definitely be looking at doing 1 for the maverick
Diamondbacks website now has the Maverick loaded with pricing. I called and it won’t be out until first QTR 2022.

Mag Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey ,I'm sorry to ask it's probably already been answered but does Ford make their own tonneau covers or do they contract them out to somebody?? If so do you know who. Thank you so very much .

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey ,I'm sorry to ask it's probably already been answered but does Ford make their own tonneau covers or do they contract them out to somebody?? If so do you know who. Thank you so very much .
They contract them out. I know BAK makes some of them, and they will put a FORD logo on them.

Sponsored

realbones

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 ford ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered a XLT and a hard roll up. Cause even fully open you can still see out of the back window, which seems ideal to me.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered a XLT and a hard roll up. Cause even fully open you can still see out of the back window, which seems ideal to me.
I kept going back and forth. I was sold or rollups for the same reason, but they take up a bunch of space when rolled up. A hard trifold lays flat until you fold up the last leaf, but blocks the window when you do. If I have it folded all the way up, its because I need to move something big, which means the rollup would be all rolled up, too. If I'm moving something big, will I need that last bit of space taken up by the rolled-up cover? It's a small bed, so probably. Since moving is a rare event, and driving without a rear view isn't all that hard, I decided on a trifold.

Heydaddy91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I kept going back and forth. I was sold or rollups for the same reason, but they take up a bunch of space when rolled up. A hard trifold lays flat until you fold up the last leaf, but blocks the window when you do. If I have it folded all the way up, its because I need to move something big, which means the rollup would be all rolled up, too. If I'm moving something big, will I need that last bit of space taken up by the rolled-up cover? It's a small bed, so probably. Since moving is a rare event, and driving without a rear view isn't all that hard, I decided on a trifold.
I initially had the Hard-roll up. But I changed it back to Hard Tri-fold. The longevity will be better than the hard roll up and if you really need the entire bed space, it's easier to take apart and less moving parts.

Sassy Grandma

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Velocity Blue ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tried fold I seen a video where the roll up has a crack for water intrusion. Tried fold covers lip of tailgate
Could you please share the video with me? We ordered the roll up bed cover 👀🙃😬😮😲

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had inititally went with the Bak Revolver, but after watching several videos, I decided I wanted the hard tri-fold BakFlip MX4. One of the videos I watched the guy said he had just got it in from BakFlip. I jumped online and sure enough it showed them in stock. I ordered it and got a delivery notice the next day. Then I canceled the Bak Revolver. Yes if you need the full bed it will cover the back window, but considering how often that will be, this is just not an issue.
Sponsored