First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For all those concerned about leaks when gaskets harden, if you use silicone grease on them each year it shouldn’t be a problem. Also cuts down on any squeeks. As a former del sol owner you can take my word for it. ;)
Loved my del Sol, would buy one now if I could find out that wasn't crapped out with 250,000 miles on it. Anything nice goes for more than I am willing to pay.

I ruled out the moonroof on my 23. Not worth the cost to me. I'd rather not risk the squeaks and rattles plus future maintenance issues. Still glad it is on offer for those who enjoy them and happy it wasn't rolled into a package so I could load up my 23 Lariat and not take the moonroof.
Sponsored

unclerunkle

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone have the moonroof without the rear sliding window? Is buffeting an issue when open? Can you crack the rear windows and it's fine?

I have an XLT on order and I don't really like how the rear sliding window is small and manual, with thick bezels that seems like it's better to go without it completely. BUT if it works really nice for the moonroof, I will add it to my order. Thoughts?

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here Here!

Love the moonroof. It is the closest I will ever get to owning a convertible. I have it open whenever I have a chance. If the weather is not cooperating, I still have a great view!

1664229334755.jpeg
When it's cold I set the heater to full blast just so I can have it open. Same with me for it being as close to a convertible as it can get.

Saul T Knutz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Crown Victoria
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Added the moon to my HYLarLux order. Experiences with my wife's cars made me get one (she's never had one without a moon). Plus, my vehicle choices were between a Mav and a RF GT Miata, so I also wanted the moon to get as close to that convertible feeling as I could get...

Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've never had a moon roof so I didn't get one this time. Main reason is I don't drive much so didn't feel the need.

KFBR392

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Oldsmobile has a moonroof. Guess where it likes to leak from. No moonroof for me.

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm really going back and forth on this option. I pretty much have everything else, but the Maverick that was on the lot had a moonroof and it got me thinking. What are some pros and cons??? Thanks
I ordered a Maverick September of 2022 without a moon roof. I have one in my Hyundai Sonata, and rarely use it. I'm just not a fan of the bright light shining down into the cockpit.

Quagmyr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was going to get one but my 12-year-old is already 6ft. So, I was concerned about reducing the headroom.
I am 6'4" and have tons of head room in my Alto Blue Lariat Lux with the moon roof. Do not let height be an issue. I also ordered a MY23 Lariat Lux with a moon roof. should be here by this time next year.

FlyingScot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Eco Lux FX4 4K CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lots of negatives here, and I frankly would have been one of them after my Ridgeline. We have had them in multiple cars - never a leak or issue but we did not use, never saw a much use. Get a convertible.

BUT - we did order on this one at my wife’s insistence.…and surprise we both like. The sunroof is more forward than others, the light interior works well and we pretty much use quite a bit. For $800 we like it quite a bit on the Maverick. No deep thoughts - just actually pretty nice even in the sun and heat of South Florida. Surprised.

BTW - don’t have one on my slick top Mini Cooper, but that was purchased as a track rat and AutoX fun driver. Did not need the weight up top nor glass up there - no such problem with the Maverick.

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am 6'4" and have tons of head room in my Alto Blue Lariat Lux with the moon roof. Do not let height be an issue. I also ordered a MY23 Lariat Lux with a moon roof. should be here by this time next year.
Unfortunately, the ship has sailed. I know I can make changes, but at this point, I'm inclined to let it go. I've had moonroofs before and I've never considered them a must have.

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered the moonroof on my Xl, for me nice option to have.
Lost that opportunity on the 2023 XL. Very much prefer the interior on XL, ordered XLT to get factory moonroof and alloy wheels. Atermarket ( Hollandia 700) moonroof was quoted at $1500. As a plus the Hollandia has solid wind deflector instead of netting.

Whorfff

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick , Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm really going back and forth on this option. I pretty much have everything else, but the Maverick that was on the lot had a moonroof and it got me thinking. What are some pros and cons??? Thanks
Love mine. Plenty of headroom and no leaks.

JerseyMike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm thinking about moving to Phoenix next year, so the last thing I'll need is more sun.

Gooberhamm

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Corolla S Premium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lots of negatives here, and I frankly would have been one of them after my Ridgeline. We have had them in multiple cars - never a leak or issue but we did not use, never saw a much use. Get a convertible.

BUT - we did order on this one at my wife’s insistence.…and surprise we both like. The sunroof is more forward than others, the light interior works well and we pretty much use quite a bit. For $800 we like it quite a bit on the Maverick. No deep thoughts - just actually pretty nice even in the sun and heat of South Florida. Surprised.

BTW - don’t have one on my slick top Mini Cooper, but that was purchased as a track rat and AutoX fun driver. Did not need the weight up top nor glass up there - no such problem with the Maverick.
What's your opinion of the exposed mesh "wind breaker" that sticks up when the moon roof is retracted? Is it a bug collector? Thanks!
Sponsored