First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Laiat pepper red Lux package 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone on here notice that what you tire pressure says on instrument panel is different than when you use a tire gauge? My inside would say 30PSI and when I get out and use the tire pressure gauge it's a 33 or 34. I don't know what one is right.
Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your mileage may vary. Some have found the TPMS pressure readings from the car to be more accurate than others.

If you trust your gauge, then go with that. That said, I've had some cheap digital gauges that themselves weren't very accurate.

OP
OP
Mikeysd

Mikeysd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm just using a reg tire gauge and it was on point when I used it on my last car.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
XLT Lux here. I keep wondering how people get tire pressures from the gauges. I've read all the threads on the subject, also read the manual, and I still can't find the TPS page. I follow the steps - no TPMS option anywhere. I have had the TPMS warning page with pressures pop up once - so I know it's in there. I access it with no problem from the FordPass app.

OP
OP
Mikeysd

Mikeysd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
XLT Lux here. I keep wondering how people get tire pressures from the gauges. I've read all the threads on the subject, also read the manual, and I still can't find the TPS page. I follow the steps - no TPMS option anywhere. I have had the TPMS warning page with pressures pop up once - so I know it's in there. I access it with no problem from the FordPass app.
I have a lariat Lux and from the settings on the right side of your steering wheel you can scrool in the menu and you will find the tire pressure and it will show all 4 tire pressure

Sponsored

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Use the steering wheel "OK" button to scroll through your instrument cluster display screens by pushing it up or down instead of in. Go to the screen that shows a Maverick, then click the "menu" button, then scroll to "information", from there, you'll find the tire pressure screen option.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Use the steering wheel "OK" button to scroll through your instrument cluster display screens by pushing it up or down instead of in. Go to the screen that shows a Maverick, then click the "menu" button, then scroll to "information", from there, you'll find the tire pressure screen option.
This is the way for those without Lariat or FX4. It’s also where you’ll find things like the seat belt minder screen and auto start/stop status for EcoBoost.

Penasco

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Outback, 2005 Tundra DC
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone on here notice that what you tire pressure says on instrument panel is different than when you use a tire gauge? My inside would say 30PSI and when I get out and use the tire pressure gauge it's a 33 or 34. I don't know what one is right.
I frequently utilize the very convenient free tire check at Discount Tire near where I shop. Their machine shows the same pressure as the instrument panel in my Lariat.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks I'll try that on my next drive. I missed the part about changing menus by pushing the OK button instead of just toggling it up down. This reminds me of a human factors book I once read called "Don't Make Me Think". Really, that was the name of the book. I think they used the term "affordance" for features that don't require what I call "secret knowledge". I find if funny that the word "Ford" is in that word. Generally Ford does a pretty good job of making things obvious.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dic...perty of,those affordances are fairly obvious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don't_Make_Me_Think

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

jdetterb

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This has worked fine for me for nearly five months. Then two days ago, I put additional air in my tires. Now the tire pressure screen option has disappeared from my menu. I can still see the readings via the FordPass app, but no way to see it via the instrument cluster anymore. This is bizarre. Any ideas?

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How bizarre...

I think there is a way to customize the menus so you can de-select some items to save you time scrolling. Maybe you did this inadvertently?

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This has worked fine for me for nearly five months. Then two days ago, I put additional air in my tires. Now the tire pressure screen option has disappeared from my menu. I can still see the readings via the FordPass app, but no way to see it via the instrument cluster anymore. This is bizarre. Any ideas?
lol how much air did you put in?

But it sounds like it got removed accidently. You can go through the menu and select which screens you want active.

jdetterb

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
lol how much air did you put in?

But it sounds like it got removed accidently. You can go through the menu and select which screens you want active.
That is what I was thinking. But I've spent the last four days going through every option in the manual and the menu, and I still haven't found an option to toggle displaying/hiding the tire pressure screen. At this point, I'm thinking it is a system glitch and I might have to ask my Ford dealer to try to fix it.
Does anyone know where in the XLT menu you go to toggle displaying/hiding the tire pressure screen?

MoveOver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is what I was thinking. But I've spent the last four days going through every option in the manual and the menu, and I still haven't found an option to toggle displaying/hiding the tire pressure screen. At this point, I'm thinking it is a system glitch and I might have to ask my Ford dealer to try to fix it.
Does anyone know where in the XLT menu you go to toggle displaying/hiding the tire pressure screen?
I had the same issue and the tire pressure option was kind of hidden, because it was scrolled away. If you see the trailer sway control, scroll up and it will go to the section where you can select the tire pressure monitoring. Once selected ( I think you can select only 4 options), you will be able to select/see the tire pressure on the Maverick display.
Sponsored