First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ford Taurus SES
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wouldn’t hurt to call Ford at 800-334-4375 and see what status they have for you. I called earlier today and got someone in about three minutes. Also, did the dealer complete an ROVP or give you a priority code number?
Here is the complaint email address
Ford Maverick THIS JUST HAPPENED!! 1653417039094
Write to them an explain your situation. GoodLuck!
Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

How would you stop a dealer from selling your truck out from under you? I've heard this is happening. I'd assume people are like me and wouldn't just let that fly. I'd blast that dealership. I would also hope that a reputable dealership would value their reputation more than the profits they would make. Idk?
Does Ford have your email in the system or the dealers? Make sure they have yours in there so anytime something happens, you get updated. Theoretically you will get a build and ship email and then you can track it to the dealer so they don't try to sell it out from under you.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The reservation portal or walking in is not the issue. They didn’t complete their required process and therefore your order never made it to the production scheduling status.

You did absolutely nothing wrong.
I'm betting this is the issue some people have had, the dealer screwed up and do not want to admit it.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Below is a copy/paste email from my local ford dealer. I ordered the Maverick October 29th 2021. All along ive checked in every couple months to see the status (with the dealer) "
What I’m being told is by you just walking in and ordering a maverick and not going through the lead portal is the problem. We do have a portal with order verification that the maverick is not part of . I didn’t relise there is another separate portal just for the maverick that’s my fault I’m trying to see if I can switch a stock unit to your spec’s. If not it will have to be a 23 but I am trying. Sorry it’s my fault that you where not put into the Maverick portal"

I'd post my 2 reply emails to the dealership, but there would be a whole lot of censoring. I was not happy to find out after 7 months of wait, that he never completed the order process. Is there anything legally I can do? Besides get back my 500.00 deposit and buy a truck way over what I was supposed to pay for this one. (Sad part to me is I still want the truck)
Hmmmm. What's the "lead portal"? I went into the dealer mid October and ordered my Maverick. I go in there EVERY other week and get a status check. They go back to a computer and look me up and say nope, nothing yet. One time they let me look at it and there I was on a list.

Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just did ...this rep was more direct and helpful than last 2 I spoke with. I asked directly "is my order listed as unscheduled balanced out" he stated that the order is good and it's a valid order just waiting scheduling. Which brings me back to why dealer emailed me this morning that he dropped the ball and didn't put the order in the mav portal
If that's the case, then my money is on your dealer either:

a) being clueless
b) trying to steal your truck

Sponsored

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Below is a copy/paste email from my local ford dealer. I ordered the Maverick October 29th 2021. All along ive checked in every couple months to see the status (with the dealer) "
What I’m being told is by you just walking in and ordering a maverick and not going through the lead portal is the problem. We do have a portal with order verification that the maverick is not part of . I didn’t relise there is another separate portal just for the maverick that’s my fault I’m trying to see if I can switch a stock unit to your spec’s. If not it will have to be a 23 but I am trying. Sorry it’s my fault that you where not put into the Maverick portal"

I'd post my 2 reply emails to the dealership, but there would be a whole lot of censoring. I was not happy to find out after 7 months of wait, that he never completed the order process. Is there anything legally I can do? Besides get back my 500.00 deposit and buy a truck way over what I was supposed to pay for this one. (Sad part to me is I still want the truck)
You never contacted Ford customer service or dealership once since October asking for an update?

You never got a sales code or order code or a printout?

mleugene

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 550, Flex
I kept reading about this happening on this forum, the dealer breaking something in the process. My dealer seems to be as confused about this whole process as I am. I called Ford a couple of months back and they seemed to say the same thing my dealer was saying, hope that does it. Ordered about that last week in October.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Does Ford have your email in the system or the dealers? Make sure they have yours in there so anytime something happens, you get updated. Theoretically you will get a build and ship email and then you can track it to the dealer so they don't try to sell it out from under you.
This is is the issue, The dealers say your email is in the system, but I highly doubt it.

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've thought that as well. That I will fight my ass off to not let happen. I would hope their reputation means more to them then a couple thousand dollars
You’d have schedule and production emails from Ford if they were building it.

s.ober

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Prius; 1998 Sienna
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Do you have an order #? If you do you can call the marketing hotline to check on the status.

Sponsored

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unfortunately that's why it is so important to get that confirmation email. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do legally.

They dealership hopefully is trying to make it right.
The confirmation email doesn't mean much just means the order was entered its not related to whether the dealer completed the ROVP/COVP process. If the dealer really didn't complete this they either don't do retail orders or they have a long list of unhappy customers since its needed for about everything now.

t88-supra

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Escape Plug in Hybrid, 97 EVO 4, 69 Mach-1
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I work for a dealership and have ordered many many Mavericks.... Including my own. I am not familiar with a special "Maverick portal" and all my orders say "Unscheduled clean" that are waiting to be assigned a vin. I can tell you that these are coming in very slow and it is super frustrating. I still for the life of me cannot tell you why Ford is dragging their feet on these orders.... and that it is not Maverick specific. F-250's and 350's are twice as bad.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"...by you just walking in and ordering a maverick and not going through the lead portal is the problem. We do have a portal with order verification that the maverick is not part of."
Like you and many others, I just walked in and ordered. My Maverick is sitting out in front of my house right now. There was never any need for you to go through the Ford lead-to-order website.

The "order verification" process for Mavericks is the COVP/ROVP system. It is supposed to be completed by the dealer, not by you. The dealer must submit something signed by you showing that you ordered a Maverick, along with a copy of your driver license.

This has been discussed on this forum (and by dealers) for many months. Ford sent out bulletins to dealers explaining how to verify an order and setting deadlines for verification. It sounds like your dealer didn't get the message and now it's too late, so he's trying to lay the blame at your doorstep.

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why don't you go into your dealer and have them call the Ford number on speaker phone. Then if/when Ford confirms your order to you both, ask the dealer what the heck they are talking about!

Kelli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Due to their mistake see if they will sell it to you for MSRP (or maybe $500 over). Worth a shot. Really feel for you.
Sponsored