Thinking about selling 2022 & ordering a 2023

Johnboy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota,Buick & Madza
Had my Maverick 1 week, thinking about selling & ordering a 2023.
Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You have another month to think about it but I don’t see any major changes . Other than the leaked color changes .

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
WHY ? seems that you are not happy with your maverick or did you just like the waiting part ? Thanks for posting your dilemma…

mspmms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
'MERICA
Threads
Reaction score
U.S.A. Indianapolis, Indiana (Downtown Indy)
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've had my Maverick for 5 months. Thinking about buying a new shirt.
I have shirts, but still don't have my Maverick.

Ford Maverick Thinking about selling 2022 & ordering a 2023 download - 2022-07-29T054008.234

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have had my Maverick since November and have no desire to sell mine. I 've been slowly adding bits and peices to personalize it. Shirts though... hmmm... I do like shirts.... Are there any Maverick Truck Club shirts?

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have 10,000 miles on my shadow black and while she's a pain in the ass to keep clean. There is no way in hell I will get rid of her. The more I drive this thing the more I love it. Comfortable, fun and drives like a dream. I typically swap vehicles often, but I think this one is going to be around for awhile. Nothing on the 2023 model that even remotely makes me want to get one. The supply constraints have gotten worse and they keep wanting folks to remove this and remove that from the order. I got a Lariat and I wanted all the lux stuff I got. Not settling for less or waiting forever for a 2023.

NanJean

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have had mine since February and unfortunately I had to pay a markup so it is not worthwhile, especially if financing since I got at 0%. I got mine off lot so it doesn't have options I wanted.
Are they taking 2023 orders now?

Sponsored

prsncat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT EB AWD BAP CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You are awfully brave to share this via the forum. Yet, I want to say that you are not alone!

I had two different configurations in mind when placing my order back in September. And, I tried to change it to the other configuration in April. Yet, the supply constraints would have made it difficult to get my Maverick within the 2022 Model Year.

Now that I have my 2022 Maverick XL Hybrid, I think I will still order the MY23 alternate configuration and make a decision on which one to keep and which one to sell. The other configuration was a XLT Ecoboost with AWD and the 4K tow package. And, I wanted Alto Blue -- and tried to pay a fee to get my XL done in Alto Blue -- and would prefer the Atlas Blue that is new for MY23.

So, like you, I am planning on placing a real order for a MY23 in the alternate configuration I was considering. The one thing I love about the XL is the interior. I am not a fan of the orange accents. I do, however, think I can find ways to eliminate the orange.

Thanks for being brave enough to post what you were thinking and hope this thread remains relevant to the topic.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You are awfully brave to share this via the forum. Yet, I want to say that you are not alone!

I had two different configurations in mind when placing my order back in September. And, I tried to change it to the other configuration in April. Yet, the supply constraints would have made it difficult to get my Maverick within the 2022 Model Year.

Now that I have my 2022 Maverick XL Hybrid, I think I will still order the MY23 alternate configuration and make a decision on which one to keep and which one to sell. The other configuration was a XLT Ecoboost with AWD and the 4K tow package. And, I wanted Alto Blue -- and tried to pay a fee to get my XL done in Alto Blue -- and would prefer the Atlas Blue that is new for MY23.

So, like you, I am planning on placing a real order for a MY23 in the alternate configuration I was considering. The one thing I love about the XL is the interior. I am not a fan of the orange accents. I do, however, think I can find ways to eliminate the orange.

Thanks for being brave enough to post what you were thinking and hope this thread remains relevant to the topic.
Next we will all hold hands and sing "Kumbaya"!

SiGmA_X

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I picked up my Maverick in the middle of last month, and I am thinking about ordering a 2023 (from a different dealer) and selling my 2022. There are a ton of paint issues: dust in the color/clear.

It needs 4 panels repainted under warranty, which are NBD except I don't really want to have >1/3 of the vehicle repainted when it's brand new, and another 2 panels need serious paint correction due to scratches on the vehicle at delivery.

I didn't wash the truck till the night after I took delivery (picked it up around 1900, it went into my garage till the next evening when I hand washed it) so the dealer refused to fix the scratches as it was later than "the next morning" so they blame me for it. The vehicle was delivered absolutely filthy to me, which I suspect was done on purpose to hide the damage.

Besides the poor paint quality and damage in transit, I love the Maverick and would order the exact same one again.

teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
snip
You wouldn't call a sportsball or concert ticket scalper "brave," would you?

Because that's what you're doing here. About half the people on this board ordered one or more Mavericks to flip, and they've been talking about it nonstop. Meanwhile, some of us never got the chance to even order one. And every Maverick sold to a flipper increases the chance that our orders might get pushed to MY 24.
Sponsored