Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I imagine that of the things excluded from the XL trim level, cruise control is probably one of the most popular and may provide the main incentive for many who choose the XLT instead. I suspect most of the other added features, like extra tiedowns or windows with auto-rollup in addition to the auto-rolldown, heated seats, etc. are probably not show-stoppers. I really don't use cruise control much, but I'm sure I will miss it on the occasional longer trip. I just won't miss it enough to pay that extra premium for the XLT. The thing that sold me first on the Maverick was "A hybrid for $20K? Yes, please, now." The load capacity and flexibility compared to an SUV or carryall model certainly helped, but a cleaner and more efficient hybrid engine was THE selling point. (I didn't expect to wait months for Ford to actually build the truck, which turns out to be the downside. I ended up buying a used Fusion to replace my dying Escape so I wouldn't be without transportation during that long wait.)
Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I imagine that of the things excluded from the XL trim level, cruise control is probably one of the most popular and may provide the main incentive for many who choose the XLT instead. I suspect most of the other added features, like extra tiedowns or windows with auto-rollup in addition to the auto-rolldown, heated seats, etc. are probably not show-stoppers. I really don't use cruise control much, but I'm sure I will miss it on the occasional longer trip. I just won't miss it enough to pay that extra premium for the XLT. The thing that sold me first on the Maverick was "A hybrid for $20K? Yes, please, now." The load capacity and flexibility compared to an SUV or carryall model certainly helped, but a cleaner and more efficient hybrid engine was THE selling point. (I didn't expect to wait months for Ford to actually build the truck, which turns out to be the downside. I ended up buying a used Fusion to replace my dying Escape so I wouldn't be without transportation during that long wait.)
Manual mirrors and seats are no big deal (actually preferable to me. less that can break). My powered seat on my current vehicle has been broken since I bought it. Luckily the seat was in the position I would normally sit so never bothered with getting it fixed. Another nice thing with the XL is you can customize it with whatever you want with aftermarket accessories.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
Manual mirrors and seats are no big deal (actually preferable to me. less that can break). My powered seat on my current vehicle has been broken since I bought it. Luckily the seat was in the position I would normally sit so never bothered with getting it fixed. Another nice thing with the XL is you can customize it with whatever you want with aftermarket accessories.
Right…….I never readjust my seat once it is set….unless someone else moves it….which is never

Reactions: wjg

Jim graham

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also bought the XL with the 360. Tow hitch and spray in bed liner. And really that's what I wanted . I bought a new set of bronco tires and rims at a great price. So when I get the truck I will buy a tonneau cover and be all set. Jim

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I also bought the XL with the 360. Tow hitch and spray in bed liner. And really that's what I wanted . I bought a new set of bronco tires and rims at a great price. So when I get the truck I will buy a tonneau cover and be all set. Jim
Yes! I just scored my Bronco Sport wheels with les than 300 miles on them for $200. Same boat as you....just need a tonneau. I went XL, AWD, 4K, 360, spray-in, slider and carpeted/tray mats.

Sponsored

EggSalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox and Focus
Yes! I just scored my Bronco Sport wheels with les than 300 miles on them for $200. Same boat as you....just need a tonneau. I went XL, AWD, 4K, 360, spray-in, slider and carpeted/tray mats.
All bronco sport wheels will work on maverick? I really hate the steelies, that's the only thing I don't like about the XL. I thought about trying to get some XLT wheels through Detroit Wheel and Tire eventually but they said it would be months after truck comes out.

FamousAmos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One lesson learned on options: you can be TOO careful. My first car out of college was a 1970 Barracuda convertible, somewhere around $4400. As it was a little more than I had planned on paying, as I was in my first job, I kept the options to a minimum. I drew the line at - of all things - the $16 remote outside mirror. Well, the mirror was installed on the DOOR, and every time I closed the driver's door, for the life of the car, I had to roll down the window, adjust the mirror, and roll the window back up. Two years later, my wife told me that if she had known that story, she never would have married me.

Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The bronco sport wheels will work great on the maverick if your in north texas I got 2 sets for sale 350.00
3A05CC05-0CCB-4029-AC01-DB78DAB106D1.jpeg
The dark gray ones are sharp and would look kickin on a Carbonized Gray Maverick. Or a Lariat Oxford White.

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I scored a set like those on the right and I have Carbonized Metallic. I was looking for a little contrast, personally.

Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello all! I switched my Order to an XL Hybrid recently and got a build date for November! Basic bare bones is what I want so I can add extras if I want too. I do plan to trade it in a few years down the line hopefully for a PHEV with AWD. But the XL is more then plenty for now!

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello all! I switched my Order to an XL Hybrid recently and got a build date for November! Basic bare bones is what I want so I can add extras if I want too. I do plan to trade it in a few years down the line hopefully for a PHEV with AWD. But the XL is more then plenty for now!
Congrats on that. You must have ordered back in July or something. I ordered an XL hybrid with just 360 and a hitch receiver in August. Crickets is all I've heard since the order was confirmed.
Sponsored

Reactions: Dan