Sponsored

The two ugliest colors ford has ever come up with.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love them both. I would have totally ordered a chartreuse Maverick if the color was available.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lucky me I got to park next to the other ugly color that Ford came up with in the last few years!

20211126_100840.jpg
Yeah, that dark one with the kayak is really ugly.:sick::sneaky:

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Came here expecting a rant on Area 51 and Cactus Gray. I would name them both "Government Desk"

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Must be a ZZ Top fan
Hahaha! That's great. :cool: I do pretty much listen to everything though, from Beach Boys to K-POP including Pre-90's Country, 70's-80's R&B. Quite eclectic. Just no metal or hard rap.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Came here expecting a rant on Area 51 and Cactus Gray. I would name them both "Government Desk"
I do not understand the attraction of either color. :sick:

Alto blue, hot pepper red, carbonized gray and velocity blue are all beautiful colors, to me. To each his own I guess.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do not understand the attraction of [Area 51 and Cactus Gray]. :sick:
I live in the desert. My house is on a dirt street that I reach by driving on some other dirt streets. (It's in an odd 1950s equestrian neighborhood in the middle of the city).

I see the attraction of any color that will hide the dust.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Lucky me I got to park next to the other ugly color that Ford came up with in the last few years!

20211126_100840.jpg
I happen to drive a Zinc Yellow Ford Sport Trac and I love the color… get compliments all day every day, we call it the “BEE”

Sponsored

Clint

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
After searching through the 1423 grey, light grey, and black SUV’s today at the mall to find my escape, I’m gonna order cyber orange!

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I live in the desert. My house is on a dirt street that I reach by driving on some other dirt streets. (It's in an odd 1950s equestrian neighborhood in the middle of the city).

I see the attraction of any color that will hide the dust.
That makes sense. Mind you I am not criticizing anyone's choices and I'm very glad Ford provided these colors and that people are happy with their choices The desert environment is so different from what I am used to that it's hard to wrap my mind around those issues.

sickser66

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I feel personally attacked…😆 Seriously though, I really like Cactus Grey because it looks like rattle can primer! I used to rattle can all my old cars back in the day because I was too broke to get a real paint job. So now my truck matches my old ‘70 Mustang which is still wearing rattle can primer..🤘🏻

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
I actually liked both 😂 I hate to admit I was happy to see American manufacturers getting adventurous with color.

If I ordered XLT I would've absolutely ordered cyber orange

I do not understand the attraction of either color. :sick:

Alto blue, hot pepper red, carbonized gray and velocity blue are all beautiful colors, to me. To each his own I guess.
I love blue but Alto is just a shade too dark and Velocity reminds me of a children's toy. If velocity was more metallic or a shade darker I'd love it. Every F150 around me is either white or carbonized grey so I really didn't want to go with that and while I think Hot Pepper Red is a beautiful color I think it really belongs on the offroader Mavs not so much the hybrids.

A51 with the lariat interior I thought looked amazing so I switched to that from Silver. I hated A51 at first but the more I looked at it the more it felt like that color belonged on the Maverick. I think this partly is because the tail lights are more red.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I actually liked both 😂 I hate to admit I was happy to see American manufacturers getting adventurous with color.

If I ordered XLT I would've absolutely ordered cyber orange

I love blue but Alto is just a shade too dark and Velocity reminds me of a children's toy. If velocity was more metallic or a shade darker I'd love it. Every F150 around me is either white or carbonized grey so I really didn't want to go with that and while I think Hot Pepper Red is a beautiful color I think it really belongs on the offroader Mavs not so much the hybrids.

A51 with the lariat interior I thought looked amazing so I switched to that from Silver. I hated A51 at first but the more I looked at it the more it felt like that color belonged on the Maverick. I think this partly is because the tail lights are more red.
Alto blue is VERY dark but it looks amazing in direct sunlight, otherwise you will think it is a metallic black. That little surprise is what got my attention.

Haven't seen velocity blue up close and in person but it looks like a nice shade of metallic blue to me. The silver ain't bad, it's just very bland.

The only non metallic color that I like is black, which is what I ordered - in the past I've noticed it's a lot easier to rehab scratched black paint for resale. Living in a northern climate helps. If I was way down south it would be white.
Sponsored