Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If anyone is looking for a set of bronco sport steelys I have a set in dfw
7DD2E304-9EC4-4634-8951-6D6D1CE01BF4.jpeg
Great looking wheels. I thought that those on the Bronco are aluminum and they weren't a cheap option. :cool:

Pgapro81

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/Lexus/ Kia/ VW
I’m in Mckinney, Texas I’m working with Greg Blessing at Bib Tomes Ford. First Edition Hybrid ordered last September with a scheduled build date of July 25

JimmyH

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XLT; 2023 Kia Sorento EX Hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone else have a recommendation for Houston area dealerships? Looking to place an order for MY23. Was worried that I hadn’t located a quality dealer yet with 8/2 fast approaching. Delay to 9/15 today gives me a bit of breathing room. Looking for the same thing everyone else wants, no markups, no additional add-ons.

FYI. Don’t visit the fine establishment in Baytown. As I did buy a new Escape from there two years ago, I stopped in to ask a few questions about their process. Seemed confused at first about COVP. Told me they couldn’t lock in my price or incentives and that Ford controlled that. If MSRP went up between now and arrival, I would pay higher MSRP. Couldn’t tell me if they honored X plan pricing and that it didn’t matter anyway and wouldn’t save me anything. When I asked about markups, he told me, without hesitation, “all sales will have $3k ADM”. I asked “even for retail orders” and he said “yes”. I shook his hand, thanked him for his time and walked out.

Sponsored

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT 350, 60 VW, 34 pickup and porsches....
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone else have a recommendation for Houston area dealerships? Looking to place an order for MY23. Was worried that I hadn’t located a quality dealer yet with 8/2 fast approaching. Delay to 9/15 today gives me a bit of breathing room. Looking for the same thing everyone else wants, no markups, no additional add-ons.
i was very pleased with Helfman. zero issues, pre or post sale.
FYI, i never stepped foot in the dealer until the day i picked up the truck.
Also - near the end of 2021 i had received my truck as the quickest order to delivery date of anyone in the forum so they do produce.
Michael Hungate <[email protected]

Reactions: HTX

Texpharm15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2013 Nissan Rogue

FYI. Don’t visit the fine establishment in Baytown. As I did buy a new Escape from there two years ago, I stopped in to ask a few questions about their process. Seemed confused at first about COVP. Told me they couldn’t lock in my price or incentives and that Ford controlled that. If MSRP went up between now and arrival, I would pay higher MSRP. Couldn’t tell me if they honored X plan pricing and that it didn’t matter anyway and wouldn’t save me anything. When I asked about markups, he told me, without hesitation, “all sales will have $3k ADM”. I asked “even for retail orders” and he said “yes”. I shook his hand, thanked him for his time and walked out.
i just picked up my Maverick on Monday from Mcree Ford in League City. They locked in purchase price and financing incentives. I originally ordered in June 2021. No markups or dealer add-ons and very easy process overall.

James Satterfield was my salesman.
[email protected]

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I personally know people that have purchased from Helfman, Tommie Vaughn and Gullo Conroe
Can’t say about X pricing but there is no markup for retail orders
I bought from Tommie Vaughn and they were great through the whole process

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I 'm in the Round Rock area and have started noticing a few more Mavericks. It is good to see more on the street.

JimmyH

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the recommendations! After reading through the threads last night, I was definitely going to check out Helfman and Mcree.

Bought a different new Escape from Mcree back in 2007. Best vehicle we ever owned! Made it 147k through my wife and then a teenager. Never went to the shop other than basic maintenance. Then went to my brother and now my nephew with 200k. Amazing little SUV.

Sponsored

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I 'm in the Round Rock area and have started noticing a few more Mavericks. It is good to see more on the street.
Same and same.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i was very pleased with Helfman. zero issues, pre or post sale.
FYI, i never stepped foot in the dealer until the day i picked up the truck.
Also - near the end of 2021 i had received my truck as the quickest order to delivery date of anyone in the forum so they do produce.
Michael Hungate <[email protected]
My build and delivery was also very quick...at least I think. I ordered my XL 10/07/2021. It shipped 10/30/2021, arrived 11/9/2021 and I picked it up 11/10/2021. So, 33 days start to finish. For me it was as easy vehicle purchase I've ever experienced. I too ordered via email and phone calls and didn't have to visit the dealership until I picked it up.

Evidently, short order, build, and delivery times are unusual for the Maverick, and I'm sure there are others like you and I that had good experiences. The online rep. at Toliver Ford in Mineola was knowledgable and we examined features that were holding up build dates and stayed away from those. I'm extremely pleased with this base trim little truck and the features that I did get, especially the moonroof and co-pilot 360. And, like you, I've been driving my truck for 8 1/2 months. At 75 years old, it fits me well.

JimmyH

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Right now I am leaning towards XLT Ecoboost AWD with 4K in the new Avalanche Gray only for the power locking tailgate and mirrors. But I would prefer black wheels and think the dark interior of the XL is more practical, even though I think the lighter XLT interior will look nice with that color. Just concerned about the really light parts on the seats and dash/door panels.

I was thinking maybe XL Ecoboost AWD with 4K and CP360, for the power mirrors, in Avalanche Gray. I would get the dark interior. I could buy black wheels and do the power tailgate lock myself. I never use cruise control, so not needed. This would save me almost $2k, more if I dropped the CP360 as I’m concerned about build constraint with that option. Also, can’t remember the last time I had to adjust my side mirrors, so do I even need power mirrors?

Do y’all think the XLT interior is harder to maintain? Do y’all think the XL is a great value with no need for cruise control or power mirrors? How often do y’all adjust your side mirrors?

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Right now I am leaning towards XLT Ecoboost AWD with 4K in the new Avalanche Gray only for the power locking tailgate and mirrors. But I would prefer black wheels and think the dark interior of the XL is more practical, even though I think the lighter XLT interior will look nice with that color. Just concerned about the really light parts on the seats and dash/door panels.

I was thinking maybe XL Ecoboost AWD with 4K and CP360, for the power mirrors, in Avalanche Gray. I would get the dark interior. I could buy black wheels and do the power tailgate lock myself. I never use cruise control, so not needed. This would save me almost $2k, more if I dropped the CP360 as I’m concerned about build constraint with that option. Also, can’t remember the last time I had to adjust my side mirrors, so do I even need power mirrors?

Do y’all think the XLT interior is harder to maintain? Do y’all think the XL is a great value with no need for cruise control or power mirrors? How often do y’all adjust your side mirrors?
I have an XLT... No problem keeping the interior clean. I do like the power locking tailgate. I'm not sure how much of a hassle it would be to add after the fact. Cruise is nice on occasion for a long trip. Power mirrors? I'm spoiled by them. If one of my sons or my wife drives the truck they would set them different than I have them now. Having power means they are easy to reset.

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Hello JimmyH,
I have the XL with 3000 miles now and so far the seats have stayed clean. I added blind spot mirrors when I first got it and haven't touched them since except to clean them. I did add the cruise control switches to the steering wheel and turned on the cruise control via Forscan which completed my needs making the XL a great value. My two cents for your consideration. Good luck.
Sponsored