First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm in the north DFW area, put in my order at Five Star Ford in Dallas with a $500 deposit a couple of weeks ago. I ordered the XLT in Cactus Gray with the 2.0 Ecoboost, AWD, 4k tow package, FX4, and a couple of other bells and whistles. Figure the Maverick won't necessarily match up in the land of F150, Ram, Silverado, etc. but compared to something like a Civic that I was possibly going to get it will be pretty darn useful for my needs.
Have you or have many 2.0 owners installed oil catch cans ?
Sponsored

SlingerRing

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I 'm in the Round Rock area and have started noticing a few more Mavericks. It is good to see more on the street.
I'm also noticing more Mavs (and Santa Cruz's) around Centex. I used to be the only one around, but I just parked next to a Mav in Belton and have noticed several company branded Mavs tooling around Waco. Was followed by a Santa Cruz into Waco last week and yielded to one at a McDonalds in Waco as well.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Saw my first Maverick in the wild this last week (Wednesday 10-12), other than mine. I think it was an Area 51 or, it could have been a Cactus Grey. It passed by so quick I also couldn't see if it was an XL, XLT, or Lariat. It surprised me. I saw it on Hiway 14 north of Hawkins Texas. Pretty cool. Could it have been martyi48' s new Lariat?

OP
OP

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep! Got it yesterday. Very nice truck but I have a buyer for it already!!

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lol, I think Ford must have made an effort to get Mavericks out early to my region of Texas, I’ve seen 14 so far within 10 miles of my house.
Had a couple give me the long look at H‑E‑B as I turned into the main traffic lane. I slowly left so they could get the name off the tailgate.
So wanted to yell out already sold out for 2022 and 2023!!!

Sponsored

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

LordJHarvey

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've noticed in reading through several threads that there are a bunch of us Texans who have either ordered a Maverick or are about to. I thought it would be interesting if all Texans would list their location (city or town), the dealer they are working with, what build they have already ordered or have in mind, and anything else that might be interesting or helpful to fellow Texans. I think good dealer experience would be helpful to others as well as dealers you would not recommend. Not sure if this is allowed in the forum rules to talk bad about specific dealers but we'll soon find out!

I live in a golf course community known as Holly Lake Ranch. It is a very pretty place nestled in the Piney Woods of east Texas, roughly half way between Shreveport, LA. and Dallas, Texas. All the dealers around here are small, country mom and pop businesses. If you go to the "city" such as Longview or Tyler, there are a few bigger dealerships but I have found them to be no better than our more rural "locals". I ordered my Lariat from Texas Country Ford, Winnsboro, Tx. Once they got the hang of the Maverick ordering system they did very well and I have received confirmation from Ford that my order has been accepted. I have already recommended them to several forum members here in Texas looking to order a Maverick.

Another reason for my starting this thread is that I recall my early days at the Honda Ridgeline forum about 15 years ago where threads like this were started in various states. We Ridgeline owners would often get together for lunches and compare and show off our Ridgelines, mods and accessories. We all learned a great deal from each other. We would also go to car shows and do various other things as a group and the Ridgeline caravan was quite impressive. It was a good time and some of us even went on hunting trips together and shared other interests. Maybe something social like this can happen down the road with Texas Maverick owners. Anyway, Texas Mavericks is a cool name (not only for the basketball team) and deserves a thread of its own - so here it is Texas!!!
Russell and smith ford Houston texas. Just hit 10k miles on my lifted maverick Fx4 area51 truck

OP
OP

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I started this thread June 2021. Many months later and 26 pages to this topic and I have my Lariat! However, last winter I bought a new Ridgeline as I could not wait any longer. So, now that I have the Maverick I no longer need it as I am keeping the Ridgeline.

The Lariat is for sale and it is the best deal for a hybrid Lariat to be found in the state of Texas. Tell any of your friends who want what you have but can't wait to get one, to read my post in the Mavericks for sale section of the forum. I just offered it for sale today. They won't be disappointed in this truck!!

TuSpock1701

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Lubbock Maverick! Area 51 Hybrid XLT/Lux. Drove it back home from Granger, Iowa on November 4th! Luvin it so far, worth the year wait!
Sponsored