First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm assuming it was like this from the factory but I only recently noticed it. The drop off measures 1.25 inches. It doesn't sound like much but I think it could present an issue at some point with certain cargo. I mentioned it to the dealer when I had it in for the battery replacement but it didn't get any attention. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same observation. A DYI solution escapes me. Any thoughts?
Ford Maverick Tailgate cables too long anybody else? Mav tailgate
Sponsored

OP
OP
Matso

Matso

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have tried twisting the cables but the turns required caused them to get hung up when closing the gate. That is not a solution.

OP
OP
Matso

Matso

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, I'm a little late to the party on this one it seems. But now it's really bugging me.

Sponsored

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Throw them in the dryer on max heat, that should shrink them...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: in all seriousness though maybe go to a dealership parts department, tell them you wanna see all the ones they have in stock lay them all out and measure them with a ruler then take the shortest matching one to yours and tell them to bill it to a warranty claim, better yet I haven't seen anyone do this but take both off and measure them down to the millimeter.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford guys want shorter cables, Chevy guys want longer cables, Santa Cruz guys can't decide because their tailgate is crooked :ROFLMAO:

https://thegateking.com/

for fun Google "tailgate not level"

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm assuming it was like this from the factory but I only recently noticed it. The drop off measures 1.25 inches. It doesn't sound like much but I think it could present an issue at some point with certain cargo. I mentioned it to the dealer when I had it in for the battery replacement but it didn't get any attention. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same observation. A DYI solution escapes me. Any thoughts?
Mav tailgate.jpg
I incidentally noticed this on other members maverick pictures and thought why would Ford do this? Definitely messes with my OCD!
Sponsored