Sponsored

Sunroof or no Sunroof?? 6' 3"

Grey Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Cactus Grey, Jeep Wrangler Mango
Woah - 6' 7" with no issues? Does he lay down when driving? Surely he uses quite a reclined position to fit under that roof.... If i had 1.5-2" with the seat basically on the floor then he would have to find a couple inches with the recline to even fit in?
He does put the seat all the down on the floor and reclines a little bit, but mostly in upright position. He ordered one after driving mine because it’s hard to find something with enough leg room for him.
Sponsored

toonces

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mazda Miata, 2014 Chevrolet Impala LT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just my opinion but sunroofs do nothing for me. I’m watching the road, so I’m not looking out the roof. Most of the time they are set so far back that I can’t see out it anyway. If it is part of a package I really want then I don’t mind having it. I have a big one on my Impala and I don’t even think about it. I have never had an issue with leakage on my vehicles that had one. To each his own though.

DucFae

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Maverick; Moto - Scrambler UE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Woah - 6' 7" with no issues? Does he lay down when driving? Surely he uses quite a reclined position to fit under that roof.... If i had 1.5-2" with the seat basically on the floor then he would have to find a couple inches with the recline to even fit in?
Just imagine all the high cabinet places he can reach.

DucFae

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Maverick; Moto - Scrambler UE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just my opinion but sunroofs do nothing for me. I’m watching the road, so I’m not looking out the roof. Most of the time they are set so far back that I can’t see out it anyway. If it is part of a package I really want then I don’t mind having it. I have a big one on my Impala and I don’t even think about it. I have never had an issue with leakage on my vehicles that had one. To each his own though.
My last car was the first one I'd had with a moon/sun roof (still not sure wtf the differences are). I don't think I'd ever want to go without one again if I could manage it. I love being able to crack it open and leave the windows up. Putting the windows down means getting my hair blown all over the place unless I wanna tie it up.

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue
Looking for general input to make my decision. We ordered a 2.0L Lariat Lux with sunroof back in late October. No build date yet and i'm on the fence about whether or not to cancel the sunroof. I finally found one near me that was a retail sale on hold due to the recall and the sales rep let me sit in it. I have about 1.5-2" at most of clearance between my head and the roof for the portion of roof covering the door over to the sunroof (at least half my head where I sit normally). The sunroof then bumps back up another couple inches adding more room. This was with the seat basically down to the floor and a slight recline. I actually prefer to sit a bit more upright than most so that could further reduce space.

What is considered "comfortable" or "normal" clearance? Is 1.5" sufficient or will that always feel cramped, especially if shifting in seat/turning to talk to kids etc? I've read some articles saying 38" is often considered the absolute minimum headroom for tall people (and thats what maverick with sunroof is - 38"). I recall sitting in an XLT with no sun roof and it felt quite spacious (40.3"). My gut is telling me that i may want to remove the sun roof to ensure i'm comfortable. After driving the XLT i was telling people how spacious they've made a truck that appears so small from the exterior. The way I see it the pros/cons are:

Pros:
- Opens up the cabin / feels bigger visually
- More natural light in the cabin
- Option for air flow in the shoulder seasons with the sliding back window
- Kids might find it fun to open up / look out

Cons:
- Extra cost (~$1,250 CAD after tax - was okay spending this though)
- Risk of feeling cramped every day while driving - the biggest factor?
- Potentially could cause issues if I get a lemon and encounter leaks (might not be an issue ever though)

What do you think? Are there any 6'2" or taller people out there that can share their thoughts or experience? I know some taller people have gone with it anyways, but I've read some that have avoided it as well. Do you think there's a risk i could jeopardize my spot in line by making this change at this point? Input is appreciated! Thanks!
I’m 6’5” sat in XL without a sunroof did not drive. Still extra headroom.I’m 36”inseam Even proportions, I thought I would fit in the truck if I was 6’8”..

Sponsored

houselog442

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I am 6’4 and have a power moonroof in my XL Maverick and headroom isn’t too bad, in the passenger seat I have an inch to inch and a half of headroom. In the driver seat, I have the seat down a bit and all the way back to maximize leg room (I have long Legs). In the back I still have adequate head room.

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Didn't want it, but, when I had the option to take a Mav someone ordered and turned down it had the sunroof. Took me a while to find out that with the sunroof no sunglass holder. Oh well. I found I use the vent opening a lot to get more fresh air. Very little increase in road or wind noise and does a good job with the fresh air.

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
I have one in my frontier. Wife loves it, I hate it. Too much wind noise for me. I open it, then close....too noisy! I like the ac during the summer.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Keep the sunroof. You ordered it when it was much cheaper as they jacked up the price now.

Sponsored