Sponsored

Suggestions For Front Plate Mount Bracket?

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is my fx4 hook solution. Bracket was about thirty bucks on Amazon.

IMG_20211014_144552.jpg
IMG_20211014_144608.jpg
IMG_20211014_144601.jpg

My related thread:

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/license-plate-mount-fx4-tow-hook-option.1956/
Nice, and you can also find a similar curved surface and have that mount and plate rolled to be rounded. Cops won't care.
Even in California? I mean I understand that it can be in the Window and be good - I guess I will call the dealer and ask that it not be mounted.
Tell them that this will be a show vehicle, and you are installing a removable license plate mount and so not to drill the bumper. The problem will be that by the time your vehicle arrives months later, they will probably forget and drill it anyway.
Sponsored

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice, and you can also find a similar curved surface and have that mount and plate rolled to be rounded. Cops won't care.

Tell them that this will be a show vehicle, and you are installing a removable license plate mount and so not to drill the bumper. The problem will be that by the time your vehicle arrives months later, they will probably forget and drill it anyway.
Right- I know that is how this goes

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Did you also buy the exact one in that link? That one points to SKU: CS-AC105-852, which shows BWM 3 series 2006. That SKU along with all grill mounts on there are sold out.
yep I used that one from the link!

JamesC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From what’s been posted, I like the one from Cravenspeed. Pretty pricey though. Anybody else have compatible front plate mounts to recommend?

RicksMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 Lariat Lux 1$tED 4k AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Following. I am dreading that my Hybrid XLT will get drills in the bumper.

Tow hooks offer plate mounting options for Ecoboost owners, but hybrid owners are out of luck so far.

I emailed these guys at Sly Bracket (https://www.slybrackets.com/store) and they needed grill measurements that I don't have....

At this rate when my Hybrid ships I'll beg the dealer not to drill and then order as many options as I can find and hope one works 😅
Ford should have a plate mount for Mavs going to states with front plates. I actually saw it on a window sticker someone posted. Not sure where they mount it.

Sponsored

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any suggestions on a company that has the correct plate bracket to mount on the bottom grill? I don’t want any holes drilled into the bumper. Please drop link(s) if you have found or ordered one already. Thanks!

2316A4AA-A5F7-4BB8-B3CA-6F9FE430EFE9.jpeg
There is a line item on my Lariat order for $0 that says 'front license plate bracket'. It would seem that Ford makes one, at least , for the Lariat trim.

AnchorChain

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 XLT, 2019 Rav4

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Cravenspeed one is nice but still sold out and a lot of $

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I received the mount today. Looks good for what I needed. To attach in the Tow Hook area, the hook would need to be removed. I wanted it centered and it works great for that:

PXL_20211016_211038539.jpg

PXL_20211016_211019650.jpg

PXL_20211016_211054545.jpg

PXL_20211016_211125098.jpg

PXL_20211016_212436329.jpg

PXL_20211016_212306743.jpg

It was a little costly, but it attached to that lower grill nicely. On a related note, the dimples for drilling are located on the unpainted part. You can see them if you look on most of the photos.
Didn't you just EFFECTIVELY BLOCK A 360 SENSOR WITH THE BRACKET?

Sponsored

JoeEd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I printed out several window stickers for Mavericks that were due to arrive in Maryland dealerships. Under optional equipment/other, each one has a line item that reads FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET. NO CHARGE.

Maybe this is automatic for the states that require front plates.

solidshane

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Following. I am dreading that my Hybrid XLT will get drills in the bumper.

Tow hooks offer plate mounting options for Ecoboost owners, but hybrid owners are out of luck so far.

I emailed these guys at Sly Bracket (https://www.slybrackets.com/store) and they needed grill measurements that I don't have....

At this rate when my Hybrid ships I'll beg the dealer not to drill and then order as many options as I can find and hope one works 😅
These guys are in my same city. Maybe I will go by and let them measure.

Shane

g1zstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid Barebones
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I received the mount today. Looks good for what I needed. To attach in the Tow Hook area, the hook would need to be removed. I wanted it centered and it works great for that:

PXL_20211016_211038539.jpg

PXL_20211016_211019650.jpg

PXL_20211016_211054545.jpg

It was a little costly, but it attached to that lower grill nicely. On a related note, the dimples for drilling are located on the unpainted part. You can see them if you look on most of the photos.
How in the hell did you do this? lol.
So the bracket in your pic is reversed compared to official instructions. (J Hooks in official instructions aren't visible since they're towards the car, not towards you so to say.) I tried it and it definitely seems like a better way of doing it on the Maverick at that spot.
But how did you tighten it? Tried for a bit but it was cold and darkish so I'm gonna get back to it on a warmer day. Getting the hex key in to tighten wasn't really feasible and trying to do it by hand was hard without the J Hooks slipping off the plastic.

silvy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How in the hell did you do this? lol.
So the bracket in your pic is reversed compared to official instructions. (J Hooks in official instructions aren't visible since they're towards the car, not towards you so to say.) I tried it and it definitely seems like a better way of doing it on the Maverick at that spot.
But how did you tighten it? Tried for a bit but it was cold and darkish so I'm gonna get back to it on a warmer day. Getting the hex key in to tighten wasn't really feasible and trying to do it by hand was hard without the J Hooks slipping off the plastic.
Let us know how this works out for you. I am planning on purchasing this bracket also.

g1zstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid Barebones
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Let us know how this works out for you. I am planning on purchasing this bracket also.
will be a while cause not trying to do it in the cold and dont even have a front license plate to mount yet anyways hahaha

might be doing it tuesday, going to be 41 degrees and im supposed to receive the drop in bed liner and tonneau cover that day :D
Sponsored