Cubsfan24

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They’re plastic plugs? Never seen these before.

Ford Maverick How to remove front plate bracket? C6DC8715-8E0A-4346-BD6C-674895B9E6D2
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Those are plastic rivets. You can push the center pin out using an awl or a nail, etc. then pull out the body of the rivet by sliding a knife or thin screwdriver under the head.

You're going to have 4 holes there....too bad it was ever installed if you didn't want or need it. You might find some plastic plugs to push into the holes, but it still won't be very pretty.

BARTMAVERICK

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you are really particular about your vehicle you can purchase these bumper plugs that come in body colors so the holes will be un-noticeable.
bumperplugs.com

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you are really particular about your vehicle you can purchase these bumper plugs that come in body colors so the holes will be un-noticeable.
bumperplugs.com
Those are nice, but $30 a pair and he's got 4 holes....ouch.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cubsfan24

Cubsfan24

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Those are plastic rivets. You can push the center pin out using an awl or a nail, etc. then pull out the body of the rivet by sliding a knife or thin screwdriver under the head.

You're going to have 4 holes there....too bad it was ever installed if you didn't want or need it. You might find some plastic plugs to push into the holes, but it still won't be very pretty.
Thanks, I completely forgot about asking them not to drill the holes unfortunately

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, I completely forgot about asking them not to drill the holes unfortunately
Hopefully your post will help future buyers remember to tell their dealer to not install the front license plate bracket (unless state required).

OP
OP
Cubsfan24

Cubsfan24

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
bumperplugs.com
I emailed them and I guess they are making a special batch for Maverick/Bronco owners.

OP
OP
Cubsfan24

Cubsfan24

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I tried this, couldn't get them to budge.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I tried this, couldn't get them to budge.
If you can't get the pins out of the center using an awl with a hammer you will need to drill the pins out.

I tried to find a video on YouTube for you, didn't find much but did see this one where a guy just pried them out; I wouldn't do that, it could damage the holes in your bumper and if you're planning to put plugs in the holes that wouldn't be good. Also found one where a guy pushes the pins out. If you search YouTube there are some other videos showing drilling them out.

How to Remove Front License Plate Holder Frame 2019 | Lincoln Navigator L - YouTube

How to remove plastic blind rivets ("pop" rivets) without drillling - example on BMW X5 2012 E70 - YouTube
Sponsored