Mac

First Name
Malcolm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Focus ZTS/2011 Yukon Sport/ 22 MAVI XLT
Help Needed...

A few years ago, the wife and I had problems with squirrels nesting in our Yukon. We tried some of the tips found online which really didn't help resolve the issue (Lights, Repellent, and etc). The squirrels kept coming back so we eventually had to park the truck on a busy street for a couple of months. This is a dangerous option due to the high traffic and poor drivers living in my neighborhood. I want to avoid parking my Maverick on the street if there is a simple solution out there?
Things you should know... No Garage, I have Off Street Parking, Tons of Squirrels and Opossums...

Ford Maverick Squirrels on the Attack! 20220503_095831

Ford Maverick Squirrels on the Attack! 20220503_095827
Sponsored

Last edited:

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Get a live trap and bait it with peanut butter and bird seed. You’ll be taking a daily visitor for a car ride every day for a while.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Squirrels built 2 nests in my new Raptors engine compartment in a week costing me $1500 in repairs 2 years ago. Here’s what absolutely worked to keep them away: I cable tied 2 bundles of dryer sheets to the brace on either side of the engine compartment. Away from anything too hot. I tied 2 electronic devices in there as well, each randomly beeps and flashes. I put a cool whip container half full of Pine Sol approximately under the oil pan so I could pull in and out of my parking space without hitting it. And finally, there may or may not have been 30+ squirrels that died of lead poisoning on my property in the month following the damage. Net/net, multiple deterrents will work.

Good luck..

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Help Needed...

A few years ago, the wife and I had problems with squirrels nesting in our Yukon. We tried some of the tips found online which really didn't help resolve the issue (Lights, Repellent, and etc). The squirrels kept coming back so we eventually had to park the truck on a busy street for a couple of months. This is a dangerous option do to the high traffic and poor drivers living in my neighborhood. I want to avoid parking my Maverick on the street if there is a simple solution out there?
Things you should know... No Garage, I have Off Street Parking, Tons of Squirrels and Opossums...

20220503_095831.jpg

20220503_095827.jpg
Whichever you have in your town, either should stop them from coming back. Just put some White Castle hamburgers or Papa Johns pizza under the hood.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We had rats eat a wiring harness ($1300)- dryer sheets and peppermint oil has worked for the subsequent 10 years. We never see squirrels though, two loud dogs solves that problem quickly, always has (and unfortunately they catch possums).
Hope you find a fix fast- that is a bummer.

Sponsored

C from SF

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 XL AWD Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Help Needed...

A few years ago, the wife and I had problems with squirrels nesting in our Yukon. We tried some of the tips found online which really didn't help resolve the issue (Lights, Repellent, and etc). The squirrels kept coming back so we eventually had to park the truck on a busy street for a couple of months. This is a dangerous option do to the high traffic and poor drivers living in my neighborhood. I want to avoid parking my Maverick on the street if there is a simple solution out there?

20220503_095831.jpg

20220503_095827.jpg
I am using a mouse blocker- one under the hood and one on the ground under the engine. I had deer mice eat the soy-based engine wire harness casing on my previous car (insurance replaced it) at my mountain cabin and so far that has worked. The mouse blocker is supposed to work on all rodents, but not bother birds or cats/dogs. I move the device to inside the cabin when I am not there, and they also keep the mice out of the cabin. I use the battery ones with rechargeable batteries. Amazon.

papa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Help Needed...

A few years ago, the wife and I had problems with squirrels nesting in our Yukon. We tried some of the tips found online which really didn't help resolve the issue (Lights, Repellent, and etc). The squirrels kept coming back so we eventually had to park the truck on a busy street for a couple of months. This is a dangerous option due to the high traffic and poor drivers living in my neighborhood. I want to avoid parking my Maverick on the street if there is a simple solution out there?

20220503_095831.jpg

20220503_095827.jpg
Ford Maverick Squirrels on the Attack! Screenshot_20220506-064927

papa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had the same problem I use mole spikes in my RV,no problems since placing in engine compartment and generator compartment

Reactions: Mac

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
We used bars of original scent Irish Spring soap for chipmunks. Keep away from heat if possible.

Reactions: Mac

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can sprinkle moth balls around your vehicle, the smell will keep them far away. If its outside you will have to replace them after a heavy rain but inside a garage, they last a lot longer.

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Squirrels built 2 nests in my new Raptors engine compartment in a week costing me $1500 in repairs 2 years ago. Here’s what absolutely worked to keep them away: I cable tied 2 bundles of dryer sheets to the brace on either side of the engine compartment. Away from anything too hot. I tied 2 electronic devices in there as well, each randomly beeps and flashes. I put a cool whip container half full of Pine Sol approximately under the oil pan so I could pull in and out of my parking space without hitting it. And finally, there may or may not have been 30+ squirrels that died of lead poisoning on my property in the month following the damage. Net/net, multiple deterrents will work.

Good luck..
Time to go get you a couple of good barn cats. They will decimate the field mice and squirrels ;)
Sponsored