First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm glad you find these things useful and maybe i would too if I had one. However I've never found myself wishing i had one. Really deep beds is a deal breaker. When i walk by trucks I often guess if I could reach into the bed and many times I dont think it would be comfortable. These are probably lifted also. Do they put spare tires inside of beds now? Like bed storage? Dont want any bed storage compartments that just seems like something for tweakers to break into
What Honda did with the Ridgeline is essentially move the bottom of the bed up to near the top of the wheel wells. There are a lot of trade-offs to that, It makes it the only mid-size truck that you can put a 4x8 sheet flat onto the floor of the bed, but you lost half the volume of the bed in order to get that. They give you the "trunk" in the back to get some of that back. The spare tire is taking up the rest of the space. Which I guess is nice in that it's protected from the salt so you can actually get it out without a torch if you actually need it unlike every other truck in the rust belt.
Sponsored

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I'm glad you find these things useful and maybe i would too if I had one. However I've never found myself wishing i had one. Really deep beds is a deal breaker. When i walk by trucks I often guess if I could reach into the bed and many times I dont think it would be comfortable. These are probably lifted also. Do they put spare tires inside of beds now? Like bed storage? Dont want any bed storage compartments that just seems like something for tweakers to break into
Tweakers would find it hard to break into the Ridgeline in-bed storage compartment. It made out of carbon fiber, so it’s pretty tough. That, the spare being in the compartment, and the dual-action tailgate are the things I love about my Ridgeline. The rest, not so much..

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Crew Cab
I’m sure Ford has plenty of capital to tool a factory but the truth is 90% of truck buyers buy the crew cab. Also this truck has not been officially announced so it won’t be on the website.
Does the head of Ford telling the automotive press that the small truck was coming, not official enough? https://thenewswheel.com/farley-confirms-ford-compact-pickup/ Go to the Ford website and you will see a Future Vehicles list of cars and trucks to come, including a vehicle slated for 2022. They are doing themselves a disservice by not including this trend setting Maverick in that Future Vehicles lineup.

A check of Ford's stock price as of this morning, 14 April 2021 is: $12.20. You think that's plenty of capital for a vibrant company? I don't. Heck, a quick check on the stock price for Dollar General this morning is $211.91.

I don't know how old you are, but I remember a time when stock from GM or Ford were A1, Blue Chip stocks. That's not the case anymore. The price of Ford stock is indicative why they felt they had to align themselves with VW in electric vehicle production and collaboration.....

All the same, kudos to Ford for coming out with this truck, but their PR campaign is severely lacking on this one.

Ponypower

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda accord
Tweakers would find it hard to break into the Ridgeline in-bed storage compartment. It made out of carbon fiber, so it’s pretty tough. That, the spare being in the compartment, and the dual-action tailgate are the things I love about my Ridgeline. The rest, not so much..
The ridgeline bed is NOT made from carbon fiber, that would be insanely expensive. It’s a composite material.

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Does the head of Ford telling the automotive press that the small truck was coming, not official enough? https://thenewswheel.com/farley-confirms-ford-compact-pickup/ Go to the Ford website and you will see a Future Vehicles list of cars and trucks to come, including a vehicle slated for 2022. They are doing themselves a disservice by not including this trend setting Maverick in that Future Vehicles lineup.

A check of Ford's stock price as of this morning, 14 April 2021 is: $12.20. You think that's plenty of capital for a vibrant company? I don't. Heck, a quick check on the stock price for Dollar General this morning is $211.91.

I don't know how old you are, but I remember a time when stock from GM or Ford were A1, Blue Chip stocks. That's not the case anymore. The price of Ford stock is indicative why they felt they had to align themselves with VW in electric vehicle production and collaboration.....

All the same, kudos to Ford for coming out with this truck, but their PR campaign is severely lacking on this one.
Last I heard Ford is not collaborating on EVs w VW. Why would they? The Mustang Mach E is sold out! And in the last financial dip, Ford picked up that Detroit based battery company w some key patents.

the agreement w VW was a “platform sharing” agreement. It appears the first to take advantage of that is VW basing their upcoming truck on the next-gen Ranger

Sponsored

Ponypower

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda accord

“A vehicle slated to come” does not name the Maverick nor will you find the Maverick name on the official Ford website. Ford never comments on future products but we know it’s coming.

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

The four "future vehicles" on Ford's website include one that is supposed to be out already (the Bronco) and three versions of existing vehicles. Ford isn't going to put something on its website without even an official picture, much less any specs at all.

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
The ridgeline bed is NOT made from carbon fiber, that would be insanely expensive. It’s a composite material.
The trunk cover is indeed carbon fiber. It has to be for strength. A composite wouldn’t be strong enough. When I open it, it has the smell of carbon fiber. Carbon fiber isn’t all that expensive, except if you’re talking about more finished carbon fiber like you see used in bicycle frames.

Sponsored

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's a plastic/fibreglass composite not carbon fibre.

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
It's a plastic/fibreglass composite not carbon fibre.
I ended up calling Honda, as Car and Driver was the pub that said the imbed trunk cover is carbon fiber for strength.

I asked customer service and they said what constitutes the bedliner is not listed in any of the specs, not even the internal specs db that customer service can reference...

So it’s interesting that you seem to think you know better than Car & Driver or better than Honda Motors customer service.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Not at all, the Ridgeline's bed floor height is within 1" of any other midsize 4x4 truck. The Ridgeline isn't a midsize truck at all, it is a inbetween size truck just like the T-100.

What Honda did with the Ridgeline is essentially move the bottom of the bed up to near the top of the wheel wells

Leuf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not at all, the Ridgeline's bed floor height is within 1" of any other midsize 4x4 truck. The Ridgeline isn't a midsize truck at all, it is a inbetween size truck just like the T-100.
Uh...
Ford Maverick Spotted: Maverick vs Ranger size comparison ridgeline bed

Now I'll grant you that the current mid-size trucks also have their beds up higher than they used to be, but they are still down near the top of the tires not the top of the wheel well. The load height ends up close to the same height because the Ridgeline doesn't have as much ground clearance, but compare to where the load height is relative to the top of the wheel wells in an S10
Ford Maverick Spotted: Maverick vs Ranger size comparison 1994-chevy-s10-with-bedliner-and-matching-topper-1
Sponsored