First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I was doing my research I noticed that the 2004 - 2021 Frontier crew cab short bed has almost the same dimensions as the Maverick, from the outside at least. The cab is roughly the same size with about 6" more bed.

Obviously there are a ton of differences between the two, but for those having a hard time finding a Maverick to stand next to for getting that mental image of how big they are, a Frontier can help with that a bit, and they are everywhere.
Sponsored

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
When I was doing my research I noticed that the 2004 - 2021 Frontier crew cab short bed has almost the same dimensions as the Maverick, from the outside at least. The cab is roughly the same size with about 6" more bed.

Obviously there are a ton of differences between the two, but for those having a hard time finding a Maverick to stand next to for getting that mental image of how big they are, a Frontier can help with that a bit, and they are everywhere.
I noticed the same thing and have already started playing around with configuring Frontiers in case my Mav deal falls through. Frontier is def more money and a bit longer (my biggest gripe) but sure seems like a superior product, ESPECIALLY the interior.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dechion

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I noticed the same thing and have already started playing around with configuring Frontiers in case my Mav deal falls through. Frontier is def more money and a bit longer (my biggest gripe) but sure seems like a superior product, ESPECAILLY the interior.
The Frontier and Ranger were on my short list when I started shopping, but fell off when I discovered Maverick.

The higher initial cost of Frontier and Ranger, as well as the higher long term costs for fuel and such were deal breakers for me once Maverick came into the picture.

staryoshi

First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Chevrolet Colorado
Whatever midsize truck you compare against, just know in your mind the following imo:
Maverick will generally have more usable interior space given similar dimensions.
Maverick will sit MUCH lower than any midsize, both driving position and ceiling.
Mav has a nice, configurable bed, but the extra length and especially the extra width of midsize beds is noticable.

My two cents anyway. Also for what it's worth, having driven Mav and many mid size options, I've eliminated Mav from my list and am looking to go Frontier, F-150, or wait for other mid-size redesigns (ranger, taco, Colorado). Mav isn't different enough from a crossover for my use to justify vs say a new outback. :p (but I still think Mav is neat)

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
The Frontier is pretty much identical to both the Tacoma and Ranger in size. The Mav is about a foot shorter in length than all of them, which doesn't sound like a lot until you try to park it in a garage.

Sponsored

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
The Frontier and Ranger were on my short list when I started shopping, but fell off when I discovered Maverick.

The higher initial cost of Frontier and Ranger, as well as the higher long term costs for fuel and such were deal breakers for me once Maverick came into the picture.
I'm a weirdo because I actually started out shopping for a BMW X3 or X5. I can't stand the size of trucks as a general rule anymore, so I wasn't even considering one.
I do a lot of bicycling, and would be putting a bike rack on it, so once I saw the Mav came out to about the same length as a compact SUV with a bike rack....and for a fraction of what I was originally going to pay, it seemed like a no brainer.

The slower acceleration of the Frontier is the biggest turn off for me so far, followed very quickly by length.

spyderman01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm a weirdo because I actually started out shopping for a BMW X3 or X5. I can't stand the size of trucks as a general rule anymore, so I wasn't even considering one.
I do a lot of bicycling, and would be putting a bike rack on it, so once I saw the Mav came out to about the same length as a compact SUV with a bike rack....and for a fraction of what I was originally going to pay, it seemed like a no brainer.

The slower acceleration of the Frontier is the biggest turn off for me so far, followed very quickly by length.
I moved from an X3 with a hitch that I used to tow my trailer and hook up my bike rack and can't wait to pick up my Mav in a couple weeks! I have a Gladiator at the moment and the driveability difference is noticeable!

OP
OP
Dechion

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have you compared it to the 22' model year?
No. When I started shopping I was looking at used, as a decent used midsized truck is around 25k in my area. Once I found Maverick could be had new for a similar price point, and it fit my needs better, I quit shopping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Whatever midsize truck you compare against, just know in your mind the following imo:
Maverick will generally have more usable interior space given similar dimensions.
I've been inside several Mavericks and I own a '22 Frontier, and I can't agree. The Frontier is more spacious on the interior, as is the Colorado and Ridgeline. The Ranger and Tacoma are pretty cramped though.

Sponsored

staryoshi

First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Chevrolet Colorado
I've sat inside several Mavericks and I own a '22 Frontier, and I can't agree. The Frontier is more spacious on the interior, as is the Colorado and Ridgeline. The Ranger and Tacoma are pretty cramped though.
Ridgeline is way wider than any midsizer. It's a full-size suv made into a truck. Colorado definitely isn't larger, it's tighter than the Ranger, which has less usable interior space than the Mav. To be fair, I haven't been in the new Frontier, but I'd like to. No Nissan dealerships near me. (No telescoping wheel is a turn off, though)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Ridgeline is way wider than any midsizer. It's a full-size suv made into a truck. Colorado definitely isn't larger, it's tighter than the Ranger, which has less usable interior space than the Mav. To be fair, I haven't been in the new Frontier, but I'd like to. No Nissan dealerships near me. (No telescoping wheel is a turn off, though)
It's possible I'm mistaken about the Colorado, but I've seen several reviews which confirm my impressions.

Regarding usable space, one thing I dislike about the Maverick is the lack of a 60/40 split in the back. It comes in extremely handy when I have a passenger in the back of my Frontier.

staryoshi

First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Chevrolet Colorado
It's possible I'm mistaken about the Colorado, but I've seen several reviews which confirm my impressions.

Regarding usable space, one thing I dislike about the Maverick is the lack of a 60/40 split in the back. It comes in extremely handy when I have a passenger in the back of my Frontier.
Definitely agree on the backseat. They pulled that with the ranger, too, and I hate it. I specifically tested a Colorado immediately after a Ranger so I could make the comparisons. Hated the Colorado, lol.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've been inside several Mavericks and I own a '22 Frontier, and I can't agree. The Frontier is more spacious on the interior, as is the Colorado and Ridgeline. The Ranger and Tacoma are pretty cramped though.
Which trim did you get and so far so good with the Frontier ?

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ridgeline is way wider than any midsizer. It's a full-size suv made into a truck.
Isn't the Ridgeline based on the Pilot, which is considered a midsize SUV?
Sponsored