jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I was doing my research I noticed that the 2004 - 2021 Frontier crew cab short bed has almost the same dimensions as the Maverick, from the outside at least. The cab is roughly the same size with about 6" more bed.

Obviously there are a ton of differences between the two, but for those having a hard time finding a Maverick to stand next to for getting that mental image of how big they are, a Frontier can help with that a bit, and they are everywhere.
Keep in mind the maverick height is misleading. It is the height of the antennae on the roof.
Other manufacturers sometimes don’t count the antenna.
The Maverick ended up a lot shorter in person than I thought. The Buick Encore my wife has is shorter on paper, but is much taller in real life.

So take the online dimensions with a grain of salt and view one in person if you can.
Sponsored

staryoshi

First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Chevrolet Colorado
Isn't the Ridgeline based on the Pilot, which is considered a midsize SUV?
I consider anything bigger than a crossover full-size, so I probably misspoke. It's wider than the escape platform and mid-size pickups, though.

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Ford Maverick Maverick size comparison with Frontier 70890C90-AC25-48EB-BD0B-92F142EF4CF1
Ford Maverick Maverick size comparison with Frontier F95A410A-4B05-46E5-9957-DAFD38EC0AA2

The cabs are about the same size.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Which trim did you get and so far so good with the Frontier ?
I got the base trim (Frontier S) crew cab for about $31k and it's been great. Still interested in the Maverick for my girlfriend. She's looking to trade in her Corolla and really likes the idea of a small truck.
Sponsored