Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Makes the Ranger seem like a monster in size. haha

Good catches though because that really puts it into perspective and makes the Maverick seem quite a bit smaller than I had originally been thinking. Still have to get up close and personal with one in person though to really get a perfect idea.
I agree Matt. In the side by side pictures the Maverick looks quite small compared, but when it's in front of the Ranger it doesn't look that small. Being it's built on the Bronco Sport frame I can say it's not quite a small as it looks. I stopped by a local Ford dealer a couple weeks ago to take a peek at the baby Bronco, and it is a nice compact size in my mind. I have an order in for the big Bronco, and had solid plans to take delivery next year until I saw some preliminary mpg numbers. To say the least I was a bit disappointed at what I saw. I was hoping they would be close to my 4 door Wrangler Sahara, but at 20 mpg highway they fall 3 short of the Wrangler. Being our plans was to use the Bronco like our Jeep, taking long road trips (5+k miles), and exploring the back roads along the way those lower mpgs have me rethinking plans. You know I have a Ranger, and my plan B (if I decide to go that way) is trading the Jeep and my Super Cab STX for a new Crew Cab Larait in a few years. But seeing this new Maverick has me even rethinking my plan B......that is if the rumors of the Maverick being sidelined by Ford aren't true.

Sponsored

MaxTrucklet

First Name
Judy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Niro
This pic sure makes the Maverick look tiny next to the Ranger. Granted the angle of the pic and distance to the two from the camera are different but you clearly can see a size difference.

Looks like the perfect size to me! It’s exactly the size I have been hoping it would be. 🥰

Ford Maverick Spotted: Maverick vs Ranger size comparison 2022-maverick-pickup-vs-ranger-3-

Pantomath

First Name
Ellie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
I serious hope you're right. NOT happy with the ground clearance at all! 😑
Ford Maverick Spotted: Maverick vs Ranger size comparison HondaRepairFromDitch (2)
Ford Maverick Spotted: Maverick vs Ranger size comparison May31WaldenSupper (2).JPG
Ford Maverick Spotted: Maverick vs Ranger size comparison IMG_20190521_171933_1558481279443

Ground clearance was one of the main things I was looking for...but also fuel economy. I've had a 4.4'' clearance with my civic for 16 years. Not pretty after hitting rabbits, racoons, antelope, deer, and frozen sugar beets; but if the civic will (sometimes barely) make it down my road...then I'm pretty sure 7.9'' or 8'' of clearance will be a godsend!! lol

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
HondaRepairFromDitch (2).jpg
May31WaldenSupper (2).JPG
IMG_20190521_171933_1558481279443.png

Ground clearance was one of the main things I was looking for...but also fuel economy. I've had a 4.4'' clearance with my civic for 16 years. Not pretty after hitting rabbits, racoons, antelope, deer, and frozen sugar beets; but if the civic will (sometimes barely) make it down my road...then I'm pretty sure 7.9'' or 8'' of clearance will be a godsend!! lol
Boy that road is pretty rough. You should be sitting pretty with the 8.3" of advertised ground clearance of the Maverick lol
Sponsored