Sponsored

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2020 HPP mustang
If I wanted a Ridgeline ,I’d buy one ..but I’m buying a Maverick ...This is a Maverick Forum ..

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Looks to me like the offset license plate is so the hitch can come straight out of mid bumper. That helps ground clearance and approach angle compared to an aftermarket hitch under the bumper
Yeah, that's definitely the case here. Exactly what I was thinking when I first saw those spy pics.

Reactions: Doc

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
This is a Maverick Forum ...
I understand that, but the previous commenter said the Ridgeline on paper is exactly what he wants...

I was giving him pros & cons...i.e. which features Ford should copy and which they shouldn’t..

Sponsored

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the only problem is they're in different classes. I'm not disagreeing that using the Ridgeline as a unibody pickup comparison starting point is valid. But it should also be known that the Mav is smaller, less capable, will cost much less, and will have less features. It'd be like comparing a Ranger to a Silverado. Sure they're both standard body on frame trucks, but not quite the most cross shoppable comparison, though I'm sure some do.

Just something to keep in mind for people hoping all the cool and special features of the Ridgeline will transfer over just because it's a unibody. That's all.
I think the only competetion this thing will really have right off the bat is the Santa Cruz. With the Ridgeline starting at like $38k now they're not only not on the same playing field, they arent even in the same sport. The Ridgeline is fairly capable when it comes to actual truck stuff whereas this is just gonna be a cheap Escape with a bed for semi-outdoorsy people. I dont expect it to come anywhere close to the Ridgeline towing and payload ratings.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is. Maverick Forum ...

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand that, but the previous commenter said the Ridgeline on paper is exactly what he wants...

I was giving him pros & cons...i.e. which features Ford should copy and which they shouldn’t..
Should.. Let’s talk about the Positive things about the Maverick ..

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ridgeline is a Honda..This is a Maverick Forum ..
No disrespect intended here but what's your point? It's natural that people will be cross shopping other small pick up trucks and discussing the pro's and cons of both. I for one will be cross shopping the Maverick, Santa Cruz and the all new 2022 Frontier. The Maverick is on the top of my list but if it doesn't fit my needs then I'll be checking out the others and discussing it and I'll guarantee other will be also. I've been on many car forums over the years and I've never seen one where we can't compare other vehicles. I for one appreciate TruckGuySC's opinion of the Ridgeline. I've also been considering one of those for the past couple of years but the price is a big turn off, even for pre owned models.

It would be silly to say we can only discuss all things Maverick since comparing it to other models is a huge benefit of any car forum. That's how we learn and make informed decisions when purchasing our next vehicle.

Sponsored

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I think the only competetion this thing will really have right off the bat is the Santa Cruz. With the Ridgeline starting at like $38k now they're not only not on the same playing field, they arent even in the same sport. The Ridgeline is fairly capable when it comes to actual truck stuff whereas this is just gonna be a cheap Escape with a bed for semi-outdoorsy people. I dont expect it to come anywhere close to the Ridgeline towing and payload ratings.
If Ford makes this just a cheap Escape with a truckbed, they will

1. Have sales as anemic as Honda has had
2. Be the laughing stock of the truck market

I don’t think Ford would want either of those things. Why would you damage your reputation as the King of Trucks?

I think Ford is going to make it quite capable as a small pickup. Building it off the hardened, off-road Bronco Sport platform is an indication of that.

Loiselle313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus SE
I always get a kick out of seeing spy shots of Ford vehicles (on various websites), and knowing exactly where the photos were taken. These shots were taken just around the block from my house in Dearborn. Rotunda Dr. & Oakwood Blvd. at the Ford Resource & Engineering Vehicle Service Center (SRC).

Each day on my way home from work, I'll see countless camouflaged vehicles going in and coming out of Ford properties. It's a trip, especially when you see something, not knowing what it is, years before the public.

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
I always get a kick out of seeing spy shots of Ford vehicles (on various websites), and knowing exactly where the photos were taken. These shots were taken just around the block from my house in Dearborn. Rotunda Dr. & Oakwood Blvd. at the Ford Resource & Engineering Vehicle Service Center (SRC).

Each day on my way home from work, I'll see countless camouflaged vehicles going in and coming out of Ford properties. It's a trip, especially when you see something, not knowing what it is, years before the public.
Bring us pics if you can 😁😁

Reactions: Doc

TBone35

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge Titanium
We've caught a Ford Maverick prototype alongside a Ford Ranger Crew Cab, giving us a new comparison which puts the Maverick’s size in better perspective.

2022 Maverick Pickup vs Ranger 1.jpg
2022 Maverick Pickup vs Ranger 2.jpg
2022 Maverick Pickup vs Ranger 3.jpg
2022 Maverick Pickup vs Ranger 4.jpg
2022 Maverick Pickup vs Ranger 5.jpg
2022 Maverick Pickup vs Ranger 6.jpg
2022 Maverick Pickup vs Ranger 8.jpg
2022 Maverick Pickup vs Ranger 7.jpg
2022 Maverick Pickup vs Ranger 9.jpg
2022 Maverick Pickup vs Ranger 10.jpg
They might as well have an "H" on the grill to complete the Ridgeline theft !
Sponsored