wolfhawk73

First Name
Heath
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford Ranger XLT Ext. Cab 4WD
It looks like all it needs is a leveling kit for the front and a slightly taller tire, and it would have the same basic stance as my '98 Ranger 4x4. At least I wouldn't have to have a stepladder to reach over the bed rails like on the new Rangers. Hmm...

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Crew Cab
For over a decade, folks have been lamenting the loss of the original Ford Ranger, it's smaller size and footprint. Now, folks are bellyaching about license plate placement (btw, looks just fine to me as it makes room for the reciever hitch mounted in a higher position it would be with a more traditional center plate location) or that it looks small. Well, that's the whole point of this vehicle, no?

I believe the Crew Cab configuration will be it, cause to do a Super Cab configuration means tooling up a completely different uni-body structure. And I don't think Ford has the kind of capital to make that happen.

I pay mind to the major car magz and I have to say that this Maverick is getting very little airplay. It's even absent on Ford's website. In my eyes, this truck is going to be an absolute sales winner that it's going to siphon sales away from the Ranger as well as the GM Twins. I imagine Mary Barra in GM Corporate Headquarters is screaming at her subordinates why they did not have a counterpunch (S10?) to "head this Maverick off at the pass!"

Kudos to the Maverick Club for staying up on this important truck and I look forward to the site progressing with the truck once the aftermarket gets ahold of it!!

oljackfrost

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Impreza
I was the one that said that. My opinion is the same as yours. The offset plate is strange, but it wouldn't turn me away.

-SG
Looks to me like the offset license plate is so the hitch can come straight out of mid bumper. That helps ground clearance and approach angle compared to an aftermarket hitch under the bumper

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
For over a decade, folks have been lamenting the loss of the original Ford Ranger, it's smaller size and footprint. Now, folks are bellyaching about license plate placement (btw, looks just fine to me as it makes room for the reciever hitch mounted in a higher position it would be with a more traditional center plate location) or that it looks small. Well, that's the whole point of this vehicle, no?

I believe the Crew Cab configuration will be it, cause to do a Super Cab configuration means tooling up a completely different uni-body structure. And I don't think Ford has the kind of capital to make that happen.

I pay mind to the major car magz and I have to say that this Maverick is getting very little airplay. It's even absent on Ford's website. In my eyes, this truck is going to be an absolute sales winner that it's going to siphon sales away from the Ranger as well as the GM Twins. I imagine Mary Barra in GM Corporate Headquarters is screaming at her subordinates why they did not have a counterpunch (S10?) to "head this Maverick off at the pass!"

Kudos to the Maverick Club for staying up on this important truck and I look forward to the site progressing with the truck once the aftermarket gets ahold of it!!
The Maverick isn’t the only thing Mary Barra should be screaming about... 😆

7892AB50-EF5F-48A0-96B6-9ED9AA74D274.jpeg

dano0726

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Dear Ford -- please make the Maverick's rear seat fold flat (either top down or bottom straight up)...

When I test-drove the new release Ranger (during their nation-wide tour), I asked the Ford marketing people why they didn't see that deficiency as a turn-off...

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Dear Ford -- please make the Maverick's rear seat fold flat (either top down or bottom straight up)...

When I test-drove the new release Ranger (during their nation-wide tour), I asked the Ford marketing people why they didn't see that deficiency as a turn-off...
I think they should be copying the Ridgeline on this one... and you can put it up and back down w one hand..
1617115094999.png

ghost1986

First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Im just hoping they can do some sort of 60/40 split seat in the back so I can rip out the 60 part and build a nice storage box for all the tools and stuff I keep in the trunk now. Having the 40 seat would be useful for the few times I carry more than myself and another person (only has happened in this car maybe 4 times in 5 years).

If its just a standard bench then its getting torn out completely. Which works fine, I dont care either way If I have back seats.

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Im just hoping they can do some sort of 60/40 split seat in the back so I can rip out the 60 part and build a nice storage box for all the tools and stuff I keep in the trunk now. Having the 40 seat would be useful for the few times I carry more than myself and another person (only has happened in this car maybe 4 times in 5 years).

If its just a standard bench then its getting torn out completely. Which works fine, I dont care either way If I have back seats.
Ridgeline as posted above is 60/40% split

rtsherry73

First Name
Richard
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
I think someone mentioned it before but I didn’t really notice till these pics. The offset license plate bothers me. Not a deal breaker, just odd
New independent rear suspension allows a much lower pickup bed floor. With a trailer hitch in the middle of the rear bumper, and a non-electrified swing down rear tailgate, where do you put the license plate? I don't like offset license plates either, but the Land Rover Discovery is the worst by far.

Reactions: Doc

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
New independent rear suspension allows a much lower pickup bed floor. With a trailer hitch in the middle of the rear bumper, and a non-electrified swing down rear tailgate, where do you put the license plate? I don't like offset license plates either, but the Land Rover Discovery is the worst by far.
I actually like the way it looks on the Land Rover!

Basil

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 ranger
Hurray for lower beds. Looking at modern truck heights and the depth of beds hurts my back. Please no fancy swinging tailgate. Certainly not mad at the license plate just seemed curious. Perhaps giving the design it’s the best place for it. Only recently have I considered a new truck. Always been looking at old rangers so that’s what I compare any truck to.

Basil

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 ranger
I’m guessing that ridgeline has a bigger backseat than the frontier? I wasn’t impressed with the fold up rear seats in the frontier. I removed one of my jump seats and built a platform for my dog and tools underneath. Would consider the same for the maverick. Or just use the dog hammock thing. Would have to wait till I can get inside to know for sure.

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Hurray for lower beds. Looking at modern truck heights and the depth of beds hurts my back. Please no fancy swinging tailgate. Certainly not mad at the license plate just seemed curious. Perhaps giving the design it’s the best place for it. Only recently have I considered a new truck. Always been looking at old rangers so that’s what I compare any truck to.
I have the two-way tailgate on my Ridgeline and love it! Hoping the Maverick has this. Very handy, especially getting heavy loads into the bed!

dano0726

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
TruckGuySC -- thanks for the Ridgeline rear seat pic!!! That's what Ford needs in the Maverick -- not that Ranger jacked-up configuration that turned me off (immediately) a couple of years back

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
TruckGuySC -- thanks for the Ridgeline rear seat pic!!! That's what Ford needs in the Maverick -- not that Ranger jacked-up configuration that turned me off (immediately) a couple of years back
It really is convenient. I can pop the latch and fold it up and latch it at the top on both the 60 and the 40 split w just one hand. And you have all that storage space under the seats even when you have passengers.