First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All Maverick hybrids make a noise when in full electric mode, but it shouldnt be obnoxiously loud like a siren... there could be something wrong and i would take it back to the dealership for an assessment and possible repair. but for comparison... this video shows how mine exactly sounds. hopefully this helps.

Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a Venza as well.
Agree it is louder. 3x louder in reverse. Since the speaker is only in the front they amplify the sound more in reverse.
Sounds very spaceship.

Maverick is a little more mechanical.
And I like the reverse "ticker" much better.

The speaker is in the front bumper, behind the cut-out for where a driver's side fog lamp SHOULD be. Makes fog light install a bit more complex unless you use a tiny fog lamp to the far side closest the wheels.

This is your "fog lamp" hole.
Round canister is speaker, speaker grille faces the pavement. (Bolts removed so it is crooked.) Square plastic mounting bracket.

Ford Maverick Sound of the Hybrid 6885E407-360D-4BCF-8446-5747D40B0342

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine is loud AF.

My drive is right past a blind corner on a State Highway and angles sharp (no right turn coming out of my driveway for me). I used to either let my window down or open drivers door to listen for cars coming in before that sharp curve. Now if I open my door car puts in in park (itself), but regardless I get this loud AF "whirring" going on that makes my drive LESS safe.

I'd preferred blind spot monitoring/cross traffic being mandated OVER something that like a whirring noise that can present unsafe situations.

My drive also is steep enough that my Regen kicks off before the ICE motor comes on when the ICE is cold. The whirring noise prevented me being able to discern what was going on. So, this is twice this noise has presented itself as less than safe (for me).

So, even if the ICE is running, you know what else still makes noise?

Mandated CP360 type features would save a good many lives, this noise, not so much. Worse yet is the near useless backup camera if its foggy with sunshine coming thru...
Are you in motion when you open the door or open the window to listen for traffic? Just come to a stop. There's no noise when you're not moving. Didn't the engine noise of your previous ICE car give you the same problems?

On your second point, who cares if the engine is on or not when you're coming down your driveway? Just use your brakes like you normally would. I don't understand at all how this is a safety issue

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Are you in motion when you open the door or open the window to listen for traffic? Just come to a stop. There's no noise when you're not moving. Didn't the engine noise of your previous ICE car give you the same problems?

On your second point, who cares if the engine is on or not when you're coming down your driveway? Just use your brakes like you normally would. I don't understand at all how this is a safety issue
I guess so pedestrians are alerted that you are moving?

Hybrid Nut

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Tomorrow will be three weeks since I drove my Maverick Hybrid off the dealership lot. One of the first things I noticed was the 'sound' of the hybrid. It almost sounds like a ambulance siren from a distance, (very faint, but noticeable) at least that is my take. Now, the more I drive it, and having the radio on, don't notice it that much.
Just got my Maverick hybrid last week too and that was first thing i noticed while driving was how noisy it is with the ice running. Nice and quiet in electric. (going forward). Had my dealer listen and he thought it was rather noisy too. We did notice that being an XL it doesnt have the fender insulation as the other models do. Anyway im starting to get used to it the more i drive it. Im not complaing as i know all vehicles are different. Just something to get used to.

Sponsored

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Maverick's low speed sound is louder than my Bolt EV's sound by far. But all hybrids and EVs are required to make a low speed sound for safety.

OrangeBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All kinds of vehicles make all kinds of sounds, amirite?

I've owned 2 strokes, 4 strokes, wankels, singles, twins, triples, flat 4s, inline 4s, inline 6s, flat 6s, V6s, V8s. Air cooled, water cooled.

All different.

🤷‍♂️

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine is loud AF.

My drive is right past a blind corner on a State Highway and angles sharp (no right turn coming out of my driveway for me). I used to either let my window down or open drivers door to listen for cars coming in before that sharp curve. Now if I open my door car puts in in park (itself), but regardless I get this loud AF "whirring" going on that makes my drive LESS safe.

I'd preferred blind spot monitoring/cross traffic being mandated OVER something that like a whirring noise that can present unsafe situations.

My drive also is steep enough that my Regen kicks off before the ICE motor comes on when the ICE is cold. The whirring noise prevented me being able to discern what was going on. So, this is twice this noise has presented itself as less than safe (for me).

So, even if the ICE is running, you know what else still makes noise?

Mandated CP360 type features would save a good many lives, this noise, not so much. Worse yet is the near useless backup camera if its foggy with sunshine coming thru...
Wait, the Maverick is as loud as the AF ???!!!

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just come to a stop. There's no noise when you're not moving. Didn't the engine noise of your previous ICE car give you the same problems?
There is no noise in PARK.

There is artificial noise maker sounds when stopped in Drive, Neutral, and Reverse.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I made a sound-related comparison video with pedestrian alert disabled if anyone without a Mav wants to live vicariously.

Sponsored