First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve sold about 20 cars to them. Really great process.
I’ve not sold one to Carvana, but I’ve bought one. By far the best car-buying experience I had. 2010 Mazda CX-9 Touring - bought it for almost a thousand under KBB, arrived in like-new condition. It actually developed a climate control thermostat issue within two weeks and, one very pleasant phone call later, Carvana fixed it at a local Mazda dealership and waived their warranty’s $50 deductible. Never had another issue with it until we sold it to get a 2016 CX-9.
Sponsored

RevNation

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I’ve not sold one to Carvana, but I’ve bought one. By far the best car-buying experience I had. 2010 Mazda CX-9 Touring - bought it for almost a thousand under KBB, arrived in like-new condition. It actually developed a climate control thermostat issue within two weeks and, one very pleasant phone call later, Carvana fixed it at a local Mazda dealership and waived their warranty’s $50 deductible. Never had another issue with it until we sold it to get a 2016 CX-9.
That’s outstanding. I have a 2016 Mazda 6, great vehicles!

lavaspill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don’t forget about capital gains at tax time, short term gains can take a lot of your profits.

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

surfstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Y tho? Just for the profit?
Exactly.
There is a short period of time where you can buy a brand new vehicle and sell it for a profit. Take advantage of that if you can and want to. Every easy dollar you make, makes the vehicle you keep that much cheaper.

There was a great business buying VW diesels and selling them back to VW at higher prices, from the Dieselgate buyback program.
Make hay when the sun shines :D

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

They don't add or subtract from the offer for potential modifications until after the actual inspection. That said, they won't add to the value lol.

Another reason why I don't overpay for mods and if I do, I plan on returning to stock before I sell as much as possible. Tint, paint correction/detailing, stickers, little plastic add-ons etc etc is only going to subtract from your bank account. I'd never trust a private seller trying to upsell "ceramic" anything. I can tell you I've ceramic coated my trucks as well as ceramic tint, but the fact is - it's a constant carnauba wax and the cheapest tint I could find. You'd never even know it. I could demonstrate it to you how "ceramic" both of them are lol.

Now the PPF might be able to get some return on it, but again, likely not from a company. A private sale you might expect to see about 1/4th the original cost of the PPF added on, but even then, really not a big deal and the negotiations for "fair market value" (to anyone who has ever dealt with private sale hagglers) would likely put you in a position where you are not going to make much from it if anything at all anyways. The only real thing that matters is market value and it's 100% location based. My trucks sold in the blink of an eye where I live, where as I probably would have sat on them for months in other spots I have previously lived. It's all really in the demographics of your location too. Lots of elderly retired folks around me who wanted the Escape Hybrid I had and the first person to look at it bought it no haggle at all. If I was trying to sell it in SoCal, it might not have done so well since it was AWD and lots of people view it as unnecessary for a pavement princess DD in those areas. They might have even faulted me for not getting the PHEV version...

Just food for though I'm sure you already know.

These reports come in sporadically of people still making profits but tbf... not a single one I have seen has ever shown proof. I think the post a couple posts above might be about as close as I've ever seen. Still not proof, but I don't doubt it happened. Care to prove it OP? I'm not saying it can't happen btw... I'm just saying that anyone can be a millionaire online.

Finalized sales order or it didn't happen ;)
Well the ceramic tint comes with a warranty and the coating is supposedly linked to my VIN and it supposed to show on the CarFax. Don't know about that but who knows.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don’t forget about capital gains at tax time, short term gains can take a lot of your profits.
Mine is long term capital gain as I purchased my MY22 on 12/13/2021 and sold on 8/28/2023. So more that 12 months.

Profit is $5,335.79 but I will not pay any State Tax (TX) or Federal Tax unless we have $10,000 income over our Social Security income based on last year's 1040.

Sold to Carvana on 8/28/2023 for $31,404

Even if we do end up having to pay some we would be in the 10% bracket so a minimal amount.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigred

Bigred

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F250 4x4 7.3 Diesel, 2024 Maverick Lariat 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They don't add or subtract from the offer for potential modifications until after the actual inspection. That said, they won't add to the value lol.

Another reason why I don't overpay for mods and if I do, I plan on returning to stock before I sell as much as possible. Tint, paint correction/detailing, stickers, little plastic add-ons etc etc is only going to subtract from your bank account. I'd never trust a private seller trying to upsell "ceramic" anything. I can tell you I've ceramic coated my trucks as well as ceramic tint, but the fact is - it's a constant carnauba wax and the cheapest tint I could find. You'd never even know it. I could demonstrate it to you how "ceramic" both of them are lol.

Now the PPF might be able to get some return on it, but again, likely not from a company. A private sale you might expect to see about 1/4th the original cost of the PPF added on, but even then, really not a big deal and the negotiations for "fair market value" (to anyone who has ever dealt with private sale hagglers) would likely put you in a position where you are not going to make much from it if anything at all anyways. The only real thing that matters is market value and it's 100% location based. My trucks sold in the blink of an eye where I live, where as I probably would have sat on them for months in other spots I have previously lived. It's all really in the demographics of your location too. Lots of elderly retired folks around me who wanted the Escape Hybrid I had and the first person to look at it bought it no haggle at all. If I was trying to sell it in SoCal, it might not have done so well since it was AWD and lots of people view it as unnecessary for a pavement princess DD in those areas. They might have even faulted me for not getting the PHEV version...

These reports come in sporadically of people still making profits but tbf... not a single one I have seen has ever shown proof. I think the post a couple posts above might be about as close as I've ever seen. Still not proof, but I don't doubt it happened. Care to prove it OP? I'm not saying it can't happen btw... I'm just saying that anyone can be a millionaire online.

OP
OP
Bigred

Bigred

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I really don’t care what you believe. I just made a statement that I believe may interest others On what I did. I have no intentions of posting anything for you.
GO DAWGS!

Sponsored

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really don’t care what you believe. I just made a statement that I believe may interest others On what I did. I have no intentions of posting anything for you.
GO DAWGS!
Sharing is caring :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Bigred

Bigred

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sharing is caring :ROFLMAO:
Sell yours and you can look at your own financial information. 😂. I have a 2024 ordered that I plan on keeping but you never know.

Blackbelt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep. 1996 BMW Z3 1995 Suzuki Alto turbo
Engine
Undecided
Carvana can be all over the place. I had a 2017 BMW I3 that i bought from a dealer in California and had shipped to me in PA. Cost me about 17K shipped to my home. Drove it a year + and Carvana offered me almost $24K for it so i bit. Came to my house, put it on their truck and handed me a check. I have been tracking the price of my 2014 Toyota, and it has gone down from $10K to $7K in the last 3 months, even though the miles are the same. I think their financial problems may be catching up with them.....

18hawkeye

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No. Taxes here are $500 flat fee on new vehicles. Tag and title was under $50. Not sure how much insurance will be for the 7 weeks I had it. State Farm will calculate and send a refund. I didn’t finance.
Only $500 for taxes? I paid $3500 for tax here in Northern California! I should have come to your location to purchase!! Lol

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordered a 2024 Lariat in mid July. Sold my 2023 XLT yesterday to Carvana for almost $5000 over what I paid. The sale was by far the easiest I’ve ever done. Took less than 15 minutes. I opted to deliver to them (saved $90). Funds were in my account in about 12 hours. Now back to the long wait for my Lariat.
I have a Lariat on order due in 6 months. I can get a leftover XL now and sell it then. I wonder how the market will be then. I would like to break even but I could take a bath if things go belly up?
Sponsored