First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If paint curing or drying is accomplished with heat, could infrared lamps help the process at home?
No, should be left to the pros, just be patient. Most trucks will be 2 or 3 mouths old when you receive them. But I will Ceramic Coat my Maverick 3 to 4 months after delivery.
Sponsored

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, should be left to the pros, just be patient. Most trucks will be 2 or 3 mouths old when you receive them. But I will Ceramic Coat my Maverick 3 to 4 months after delivery.
Did the below description of Ceramic Coating applications a month ago..posted earlier. - "ANYBODY can do a Ceramic Coating on a Maverick in about 3 hours."!!!

All vehicles and motorcycles I have have been ceramic coated. ALL DIY! Anybody can apply their own ceramic coating, about as much time as waxing a car twice. One of the most critical parts of applying it is getting other coating off of the vehicle with something like "Rustoleum Tar and Wax remover. For any ceramic coating to stick and last this step is essential. Most new cars come with a sprayed on coating for use during shipping of the vehicle....(some dealers take it off, some do not) IT needs to come off for a ceramic coating to stick. My 911 ceramic coating has been on for 16 months and still beads like glass.

The most important item for a really good ceramic coating is the best micro fiber rags you can get...most of those at autoparts stores are not even close to what is needed.

the Best Ceramic coatings are from a complete KIT, that includes all the applicator pads, detail instructions, and most important the very high grade Micro-Fiber rags. I think I buy mine from "The Rag Shop"...all they do is sell the highest micro-fiber rags. I find the best prep cleaner prior to putting on the Ceramic Coatings is "Rustoleum Tar and Wax Remover", that is taken off with liso. rubbing alcohol and a good micro-fiber rag(s)

Last edited:

Texchappy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 MINI Cooper S cabrio, 2014 Lincoln Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While not absolutely necessary, it’s recommended to use the prep (polishing oil remover) from the company whose coating your using.

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This. EPA created emission standards for VOC's for automotive paint in the Clean Air Act. All manufactures and consumers are feeling the effects.

Crappier solvents. Crappier paint. Crappier primer. Thinner coats of paint. All this increases likely hood of orange peel paint, chips, peeling, de-lamination, etc.

Here's my 2017 HR-V that got repainted earlier this year under warranty.

Peeling paint.jpg
Paint really is a lot worse today. Even house paint

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
The training Lariat with the paint protection film on it didn't look good at all. There was a very visible line that made it look like a dirty line on the hood. I personally have always like bug shield, but I know not everyone does. Then again bug shield have been known to leave marks on the paint if they actually lay on the paint.
Not all PPF is created equal

Sponsored

Jlemke

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It appears the Maverick may be plagued by an issue very common with the Bronco Sport. Three pit marks / rock chips in the front end of my vehicle already after just 400 miles.

0778A486-B301-4369-A76B-1BC663B729C2.jpeg

56BB7F6B-6027-4F41-B7DD-000ABD40DE83.jpeg

BD9B10EA-1F0E-41D7-AB79-74A98FBD1975.jpeg
Exactly why mine is going straight from the dealer to my guy who's doing ceramic coating

Jlemke

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe I’ll have to get the front end wrapped in ppf after all…
Ordered this, and doing ceramic coating over the whole thing.

Random

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Maverick Hybrid FE Lux & ‘11Toyota Sienna XLE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has there been any news when mud flaps will be available? I wanted them, but removed them. Since I have a hybrid and no vin it may be worth adding back.

Jlemke

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pretty sure they're selling paint protection packages to rip off the buyer with an overpriced and largely worthless product.
The films are good for bug guts and mud. Gotta get ceramic coating aftermarket for decent paint protection

Ridgeman

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda crv and chev colorado
I recently changed my order from carb grey, to cactus grey. Maybe I should change it back?

Sponsored

mtree

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.themerlintree.com
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna, Subaru Crosstrek
Every flat color Subaru has this issue. My Crosstrek looked like the surface of the moon after one year. On the subbi forums everyone complains about it.
Subaru had a problem for several years with the Sunshine Orange. I researched before my wife bought a 2018, used, so I knew there was an issue. I thought I detected new paint so I asked if this was done according to the specs that had been sent out quietly to dealers. He said yes; down to bare metal and the process done right. Their paint even has a warranty. The problem was that a simple stone ding would grow larger as the paint around separated from the metal. Two years with her Crosstreck and not a chip.

Nightowl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
*puts away hair dryer*

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Umm… it is tiny truck. TRUCK. Paint blems are street cred all day

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It appears the Maverick may be plagued by an issue very common with the Bronco Sport. Three pit marks / rock chips in the front end of my vehicle already after just 400 miles.
Because of this thread and suggestions what can anyone give me their experience with Si02 products. What is a good quality brand. Thanks!

cmaz44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
I'm planning on doing my Maverick. As to exactly when that will happen I'm not sure. Since I've ordered a hybrid it's looking like I won't have it until the end of this year or early next year, which means winter time. Although winter in Tucson isn't as bad as other places, still it's cold and I'm not going to wash my truck outside when it's cold, I do a 3 bucket wash. So it might be a few months before I can get to coating it with ceramic. Then there's everything I've been reading about paint curing that makes me wonder if waiting isn't such a bad idea. Lastly I'm going to have ppf applied to frontal areas. I've been very impressed with pictures posted on this forum that's shown how effective that stuff really is!
Planning on putting CQuartz UK v3 and might top it with CQuartz SiC.
That sounds awesome! I am definitely going to do my due diligence and protect the paint.
Sponsored