First Name
mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Judging by all these trucks going limp after getting the software recalls, is it safe to say to hold off on getting the updates? Must say it’s quite concerning that this is happening to so many people.
Sponsored

MLA62563

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's still a pretty small number of instances in the grand scheme of things. But if it were me, I think I'd still hold off for a bit just in case.
Not an option for me though, as I had it done about six weeks ago. For what it's worth, I've had no problems after about 1000 miles.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's still a pretty small number of instances in the grand scheme of things. But if it were me, I think I'd still hold off for a bit just in case.
And there's the engine failure detection reprogramming that's forthcoming eventually as well. So at this point probably might as well wait until then [and hope that doesn't have its own batch of bugs].

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you are driving a 2022 hybrid, this seems to be the one most affected. My 2023 hybrid did not need the PCM update. Just the Cluster and tailight update. No issues for over a month.

Sponsored

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

These are nebulous statements, "all these" and "so many". How many are we talking?
Agreed. I thing we need to post more specifics on which vehicles have been mostly hurt and which recall is causing it. By my unscientific search of the threads, most have been 2022 models and most have been hybrids. And again, I haven't spent time doing a deep dive, so if there is a an Ecoboost in the mix that got it, I missed it.

MLA62563

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just hold off. It's not the first recall and it's not the last. You'll be reminded that you bought a Ford for a long, long time. Might as well take care of them in batches. 😉

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Judging by all these trucks going limp after getting the software recalls, is it safe to say to hold off on getting the updates? Must say it’s quite concerning that this is happening to so many people.
I've had no software or electronic issues BUT, on a Maverick I have ordered there's a gas tank issue. It's been sitting at a lot a few miles from me for a couple of months waiting for Ford to make a decision and now I hear it won't be till the "FOURTH QUARTER " that they'll take action.
The gas tank might have a leak due to a plastic welding problem. I could think of a number of ways to get around this but I'm a bug poking an elephant.
Wondering how I can get up the Ford ladder to whine about this to someone that matters? There was a bit over 200 Mavericks affected by this.

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
These are nebulous statements, "all these" and "so many". How many are we talking?
Just on this forum there has been over a half-dozen reports (and probably more that I missed). Statistically probably a small number but the consequences are pretty drastic. They all basically say the same thing: driving down the road at highway speed, the cluster lights up like a Christmas tree, and the truck looses all power. Most report it happening within 1-2 weeks of getting the software patch done. While many have been 22's, I can remember at least 2 or 3 that were 23's. This seems to be specific to the Hybrid (don't think I have heard anyone report about it on an Ecoboost).

Sponsored

Dmthomp32

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve done the tail light recall. For whatever reason my phone refused to connect to my stereo despite all forms of connection attempt that I made! It lasted 24 hours and then suddenly just started working again. Other than that I’ve not had an issue.

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This pops up every now and then on my dashboard. I always push the fuel door shut after each fill up. This warning doesn’t pop up until a few days after I fill it up. I took it to the local Ford dealer, and they couldn’t duplicate the problem.

Ford Maverick So we aren’t getting the recalls done? IMG_4890

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The royal we of the person typing this just had my blinker recall done last week, they came to my house to do it, came back with the part for my warranty mirror replacement too. Gonna pick it up Monday to do the oil. (4400 miles 0% oil life).

Techcar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL, 2019 RangerXLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the 2023 XL hybrid, they came to the house to do the turn signal and dash update. I mentioned to the tech that the battery being low on the 12 volt side and he said they would need to hook a charger to it in order for the updates to go in correctly. So he hooked the charger to it and kept it on it the entire time he was doing the updates and 3 weeks later I have had zero problems. As a retired Auto tech I know for a fact that if the battery gets below a certain voltage while you are trying to reprogram the ECM you can have many faults and failures later. So it makes me wonder when they are doing these updates at different locations if the tech that's doing the update understands that the battery has to be above 12 volts continuously while the updates are being applied.

Last edited: