Sponsored

Got recalls done and now my Hybrid Mav is full of problems.

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sorry for the late reply on this. They updated the PCM software again. I am not sure of the specifics regarding the update, but my assumption would be that they received new direction from Ford because the last time I brought it in they had no idea how to fix it and this time they updated the software the same day I brought it in.
Awesome!! No need to apologize for a late reply. You got a life outside of this forum!! Glad to hear you are back on the road. I think I'm lucky as this recall seems to be for 2022 Hybrids and up to middle of 2023. My build was August of 2023 an my recalls didn't include any emissions or PCM recalls.
Sponsored

joewdunbar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid, 2012 Honda Goldwing
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

boyzenberry

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got a call from the Koons dealer. They fixed my 2022 Hybrid Lariat that's been there for eight days today. They think it was the Smart junction box that they replaced. They drove it for 70 miles with no issues and hope this fixes it. I hope so to and will let everyone know when I do, say sometime in May or so after some long trips driving 70+.
I posted my experience in the transmission forum. Has anyone had their powertrain disengage... It happened to me on March 9th, and about 2 weeks after having the two recalls dealt with. I'll update that post and mention this here.

This happened again on April 16th. So what I noticed is that this only happened to me when I have been driving for about 2 hours and while on slightly to very hilly highways. I think this didn't happen on my return trip home since, out of paranoia, I would make a point to stop completely once an hour. All for the sake of safety I also took the forgotten and much more rural and mountainous highways of West Virginia so I could avoid as many other drivers as possible. No issues.

So the take-home is that, at least for my 2022 hybrid, the only chance to reproduce the issue is if they drive or simulate on the rollers a 2-hour+ drive in the mountains. I sincerely hope the latest PCM update is enough to resolve all this.
Sponsored