Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Chatted online with Ford today and they told me my 2022 Maverick XL was pushed back to 14 November 22 production week. I was confused because according to the weekly scheduling post (⏰ 2023 Maverick Scheduling Begins! -- Starting Next Week (10/3) For 2023MY Production Build Week 11/14 | MaverickTruckClub - 2022+ Ford Maverick Pickup Forum, News, Owners, Discussions) the 2023 Maverick begins production that week. I called Maverick marketing, and she checked the system and confirmed I was scheduled for the week of 14 November 2022 with an expected delivery date of 13 November 2022 (she was as confused as I was). After she checked with her "sources" she came back and said I was getting a 2022 truck and that they would be producing both at the same time since they wanted to have 2023s on dealer lots by the end of November (lol).

So now I have a few questions that she couldn't answer (this in no way reflective of Isabella since she did her best with the information she had). Am I getting a 2022? Since my color is Velocity Blue, how could they convert it to a 2023 without my input? If they did roll it over to a 2023, would I get a private offer like everyone else being rolled over? I'm already worried about price protection and financing protection since my dealer isn't familiar with Ford price protection based on my order date (or so they say). I think my wife is really pissed at this point since she doesn't enjoy carpooling (especially since it looks like it's going to be until the end of the year now).

My dealer has been pretty much useless since they just keep saying I have a VIN and I will get a truck. If @fordvideoguy or @Ford Motor Company has any insight, I would appreciate it.

If you've read this far, thank you. I feel a little better after venting and hopefully the hive mind that is the Maverick Truck Club may provide some insight into my situation. Thank you.
Sponsored

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You must be getting a 22 since the only way to get a 23 was to put in a new order for it. Here's an optimistic take: what if she is seeing the 11/13 delivery estimate because your truck is already built or being built now? :)

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You must be getting a 22 since the only way to get a 23 was to put in a new order for it. Here's an optimistic take: what if she is seeing the 11/13 delivery estimate because your truck is already built or being built now? :)
why would you do this to them?! Lol

OP
OP
TCPTX65

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

One can only hope, but since Ford chat and Ford Marketing gave me the same date, I'm not holding my breath. But thanks for the optimistic outlook.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Figure with no real difference between 2022 and 2023 body or major systems, likely be making overlapping model years for a while.

Sponsored

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
You mistake is the assumption that the customer service rep has really good information into the manufacturing process or that the people at the plant know exactely what date it will be made. The same is true about when the manufacturing date of 23s will actually start.

The important thing is that your Maverick "made the cut" and is going to be made.

OP
OP
TCPTX65

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You mistake is the assumption that the customer service rep has really good information into the manufacturing process or that the people at the plant know exactely what date it will be made. The same is true about when the manufacturing date of 23s will actually start.

The important thing is that your Maverick "made the cut" and is going to be made.
Issabela did the best she could with the information she had. She really did try to help but @Ford Motor Company seems to keep their customer service people in the dark.

I am hopeful that my Maverick gets built, but with the goat rope that has been the 2022 model year up to this point, there are feelings of apprehension at this point.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Chatted online with Ford today and they told me my 2022 Maverick XL was pushed back to 14 November 22 production week. I was confused because according to the weekly scheduling post (⏰ 2023 Maverick Scheduling Begins! -- Starting Next Week (10/3) For 2023MY Production Build Week 11/14 | MaverickTruckClub - 2022+ Ford Maverick Pickup Forum, News, Owners, Discussions) the 2023 Maverick begins production that week. I called Maverick marketing, and she checked the system and confirmed I was scheduled for the week of 14 November 2022 with an expected delivery date of 13 November 2022 (she was as confused as I was). After she checked with her "sources" she came back and said I was getting a 2022 truck and that they would be producing both at the same time since they wanted to have 2023s on dealer lots by the end of November (lol).

So now I have a few questions that she couldn't answer (this in no way reflective of Isabella since she did her best with the information she had). Am I getting a 2022? Since my color is Velocity Blue, how could they convert it to a 2023 without my input? If they did roll it over to a 2023, would I get a private offer like everyone else being rolled over? I'm already worried about price protection and financing protection since my dealer isn't familiar with Ford price protection based on my order date (or so they say). I think my wife is really pissed at this point since she doesn't enjoy carpooling (especially since it looks like it's going to be until the end of the year now).

My dealer has been pretty much useless since they just keep saying I have a VIN and I will get a truck. If @fordvideoguy or @Ford Motor Company has any insight, I would appreciate it.

If you've read this far, thank you. I feel a little better after venting and hopefully the hive mind that is the Maverick Truck Club may provide some insight into my situation. Thank you.
They will likely produce the last 22MY early in the week, change tools over and start 23MY production at the end of the week or 23MY 11/14 dates will get pushed back a week.

OP
OP
TCPTX65

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

They will likely produce the last 22MY early in the week, change tools over and start 23MY production at the end of the week or 23MY 11/14 dates will get pushed back a week.
Thank you. Since you know how this stuff works, I feel a little bit better.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Same for me. My build date is 11/14 and dealer and some here say "if you have a VIN you will get a '22". Well, giving the weirdness of the last year I've been waiting I'm not confident it's gonna happen. Have you found anything new?

Sponsored
OP
OP
TCPTX65

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Same for me. My build date is 11/14 and dealer and some here say "if you have a VIN you will get a '22". Well, giving the weirdness of the last year I've been waiting I'm not confident it's gonna happen. Have you found anything new?
Prayer?

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you have a VIN, you'll get a MY22.

The thing that changes is just the when. Ford may delay the changeover to MY23 to finish out the last MY22s they've committed to.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The thing that changes is just the when. Ford may delay the changeover to MY23 to finish out the last MY22s they've committed to.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Haven't heard anything about the changeover date but that doesn't mean much, I'm a mushroom. Guess we'll see.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Now, sources familiar with the matter have told Ford Authority that 2023 Maverick production has been pushed back several weeks, too. 2023 Ford Maverick production was originally scheduled to begin at the Hermosillo Assembly plant on on October 24th, 2022, but has now been pushed back to November 14th, 2022.Aug 9, 2022

2023 Ford Maverick Production Start Date Pushed Back ...

I have nothing new, all I can do is sit back and fret.
Sponsored