macaroni_life

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone know what this small plastic thing is that's in the tool bag for the emergency jack? It looks like the head of a tire spoon, but it's way too small for that use. It fits into the end of the rod used to lower the spare.

Ford Maverick Small plastic thing in emergency jack tool bag IMG-20230711
Sponsored

catshreds

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Anyone know what this small plastic thing is that's in the tool bag for the emergency jack? It looks like the head of a tire spoon, but it's way too small for that use. It fits into the end of the rod used to lower the spare.

IMG-20230711.jpg
IDK, self-destruct button?

OP
OP

macaroni_life

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I found that it's listed a wheel cap remover. NZ6Z-17003-A
Oh, that makes sense for removing the hub cab on an XL wheel. Guess it's just an extra piece I'll never need it for my Lariat. Thanks!

Sponsored

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

IMG-20230711.jpg
Some responses are calling it a wheelcap (hubcap) remover.do any of the mavericks wheels have hubcaps?

Sponsored

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

IMG-20230711.jpg
Let me ask a related question, where is the jack? I have yet to find it.

OP
OP

macaroni_life

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some responses are calling it a wheelcap (hubcap) remover.do any of the mavericks wheels have hubcaps?
Only the XL wheels come with hubcaps. They're actually hubcaps because they only cover the hubs, not the entire wheel. Colloquially, full "wheel covers" are referred to as a hubcaps, even though it's a misnomer (just like wheels are often called "rims").

The jack and kit are stored behind the back seat. Tilt it forward and you'll find it right in the center of the vehicle, secured to the floor with a strap and hand screw.

I would recommend taking it out and using it to learn how it works if you're unfamiliar with the process of dropping the spare in a truck. Not something you want to learn during a storm while on the side of the road. See page 356 in the owner's manual for instructions.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Only the XL wheels come with hubcaps. They're actually hubcaps because they only cover the hubs, not the entire wheel. Colloquially, full "wheel covers" are referred to as a hubcaps, even though it's a misnomer (just like wheels are often called "rims").
As someone who has owned two XL's, I can say there is zero reason for a tool to remove the caps. This is almost comical that they provide a tool for it. The caps are barely even attached to the nuts. Very easy to pull off with your hand. I mean......thanks Ford. But still a bit silly.

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

The jack and kit are stored behind the back seat. Tilt it forward and you'll find it right in the center of the vehicle, secured to the floor with a strap and hand screw.

I would recommend taking it out and using it to learn how it works if you're unfamiliar with the process of dropping the spare in a truck. Not something you want to learn during a storm while on the side of the road. See page 356 in the owner's manual for instructions.
Thanks for your response!

OP
OP

macaroni_life

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for your response!
Haha I just realized that it was a different person asking where the jack was! What are the odds of Tim d and TomD responding within 10 minutes of each other
Sponsored