kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sirius XM is negotiable, my wife calls and haggles with them every year when they raise prices and gets its back down. Honestly, I used it some when I was on the road at my last career all the time but even then not that much and to me the sound quality is muddy and not as sharp as FM or any of the other music provided apps. I'm not upset my XLT maverick won't have the feature. If we take a road trip in it and wife wants to listen to it we can just stream it off her phone anyway as the subscription includes a phone app. But for me since I work close to home now I could care less to have it and wouldn't pay for a service to my vehicle anyway.
Sponsored

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have not listened to FM or AM radio since 2002 when I first started beta testing Sirius Radio. Eventually Sirius and XM merged. I have never paid full price for my subscriptions. I have two life time radios and 1 standard subscription that I just call in annually and tell them if we can renew it at the promo rate I'll do it. They always do. $5.99 per month it's worth it to me. Sports, News Programming and lots of ad free music radio. I like the special radio programs that they rehash from years past. I also like the old time radio programs. Lots of fun listening to those old radio programs.

Radio stations use have local folks that actually were DJ's through the day. Now it's just a freaking satellite feed with lack luster think they funny dj's and nothing localized about it except the rip off ads. All the radio stations in my area are part of conglomerate radio companies.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have it in every other vehicle we own and we pay $5.99 a month. Not having it in my maverickis a joke. Thethering my smartphone to stream Sirius from there is full of glitches and problems. Anyone still listening to Am and FM are still living in 1980. Im still waiting a year later for an aftermarket solution that allows the use of the stock head unit and not some bastardized am/fm transceiver to another lame radio or requires me to buy junkyard Apims and cut up wiring harnesses to a tune of $600. There is no reason all the Mavericks disnt have this option as Sirius subsidizes the cost on new vehicles.

Zotman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid, Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Even without activating my free trial subscription the Sirius folk are thoughtful enough to contact me via unsolicited calls every few weeks urging me to please give it a try.

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I listen every day and love it. Have a plan for multiple cars and I think we only pay about $50-$60 per year total for it. Not a bad deal for all the music with no commercials

Sponsored

jmav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone have Sirius XM and not subscribe? I know many can't live without it and it is their choice if they subscribe. I am still waiting on my Lariat hybrid I have on order with the lux package. I like a lot of the things in the lux package but don't want the Sirius XM because I don't want to pay to listen to things I can hear on my FM radio. Once the trail subscription runs out, that's it.
The only reasons I have it is because there was no choice but to have it with the package I ordered and have it with the truck in case it has any trade-in value.
BTW, my present vehicle has Sirius XM and after the trial ran out, I just listen to my FM radio and am quite happy with it. Am I all alone on this or are there others out there?
It really depends on the owner, the area you live in and how much time you spend behind the wheel. I always appreciated XM on road trips so I didn't constantly have to keep seeking a local signal that would come in. If I had good local FM and or AM channels that had the content I wanted and never left home often that would be different.

jmav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
But go under a bridge, in a tunnel, or just near some trees and no signal. So trade offs.
I have taken a lot of multistate road trips and the loss of signal is very rare in my experience. Of course results will vary depending on where you travel/live.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have Spotify and Sirius XM. I probably use Spotify more, but sometimes I just want to have random songs playing and throw on Sirius. Also works when you aren't in a cell area. I mainly listen to a few stations, but can also catch my College and NFL games when I'm away from the TV.

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Everyone has their preferences. But I think FM radio in totality is hot garbage. Whether you listen to pop, rock country whatever the DJs are mostly donkeys that talk way way too much. And the commercials make me want to hit myself with a hammer. I have had only satellite radio since like 2005. That said I have an XLT and will be giving up Sirius in the truck itself, so Ive been listening to a lot of podcasts instead. That and I can always listen through the app via CarPlay. But I will never go back to FM radio. LOL

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
But go under a bridge, in a tunnel, or just near some trees and no signal. So trade offs.
This rarely happens. And if said bridge or tunnel was 100 miles long this might be a valid concern. But a few seconds of loss is hardly worse to me than some local DJ telling crap stories in between commercials.
Sponsored